Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

I feel like every time this gif is posted, it needs restating that this was the planned finish

I don't think it'd be the official tna.gif any other way

Updated for the new owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

I'm pretty sure Austin was like 38/39 when he retired. Or am I missing something?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Havoc904 posted:

I'm pretty sure Austin was like 38/39 when he retired. Or am I missing something?

He was 38 for his last match in 2003

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

goddamn do I miss Daniels/Kazarian

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

#fuckthatowl

https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/841132829236969472

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gently caress that owl, they should have picked the turkey

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 13, 2017

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It really is a rich tapestry.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

gently caress That Owl is my slogan for 2017.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
keep fuckin that owl

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

His morale is higher than giraffe pussy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't his spine pretty hosed by the time he hung 'em up? If he did continue, he'd probably either get hurt really badly or become barely-mobile like many other old wrestlers.

Not to say he isn't currently living the dream, mind...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I don't think it'd be the official tna.gif any other way

Updated for the new owners

the list is a wwe gimmick, wrasslormonkey

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh please they stole that from Liam Neeson

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Apologies for ignorance but what on earth is the context for this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Havoc904 posted:

I think I mixed up a recent discussion I heard of Austin's retirement and Bryan's forced one, I think Bryan was only 34 when he finally announced he wouldn't be wrestling (for WWE) anymore?

Even so, Austin has claimed before that around 37/38 is when he thinks a long-active wrestler is probably at his best, provided their body can still go.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Martian Buddy posted:

Apologies for ignorance but what on earth is the context for this

TNA did an empty arena match. They decided showing all of the fans leaving the arena would be a good visual, so rather than tape the match before letting people in, they kicked all the fans out of the arena.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

rare Magic card l00k posted:

TNA did an empty arena match. They decided showing all of the fans leaving the arena would be a good visual, so rather than tape the match before letting people in, they kicked all the fans out of the arena.

:lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Christmas at the Carter House that year:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I think I mixed up a recent discussion I heard of Austin's retirement and Bryan's forced one, I think Bryan was only 34 when he finally announced he wouldn't be wrestling (for WWE) anymore?

Even so, Austin has claimed before that around 37/38 is when he thinks a long-active wrestler is probably at his best, provided their body can still go.

Yeah, a lot of older wrestlers have said their peak mentally was their late 30s.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

whiteyfats posted:

Yeah, a lot of older wrestlers have said their peak mentally was their late 30s.

Which also explains AJ Styles and John Cena. But not Randy Orton.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wazzu posted:

He hears voices in his head.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wazzu posted:

I was reading somewhere that they were not planning on pushing AJ so hard when he came in, but he was hella over, and they are kinda desperate for new stars.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

I can't seem to remember why they are so excited, I know it's over something dumb but I don't know which dumb thing it is

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

whiteyfats posted:

I was reading somewhere that they were not planning on pushing AJ so hard when he came in, but he was hella over, and they are kinda desperate for new stars.

They were going to push AJ hard if only for the contract they gave him

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I only watched about 10 minutes of Impact, but in that timeframe I heard Mathews refer to Cody as "Cody Rhodes." Could WWE not sue them for that?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gorgolflox posted:

I can't seem to remember why they are so excited, I know it's over something dumb but I don't know which dumb thing it is

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ufyv_don-west-mike-tenay-high-five_fun

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Dream Match

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

As terrible as the whole "Triple H destroys the entrance screens while Vince pleads" spot was, at least they had the sense to gimmick the poo poo to emit sparks and explosions. This just looks like a guy desperately trying to jerk off with a severe case of dope dick.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Muddy Burphy posted:

I only watched about 10 minutes of Impact, but in that timeframe I heard Mathews refer to Cody as "Cody Rhodes." Could WWE not sue them for that?

A few years ago TNA did their own ECW reunion storyline, except the WWE owned the rights to the name, so they called them EC 2.0 or something, except Taz just kept calling them ECW on commentary anyways.

If the WWE didn't give enough of a poo poo to go after Taz for that, I doubt they care enough to go after Josh.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's one of those things where they easily could, but it's probably not even worth the effort.

There was that PPV where it was nothing but an ECW reunion and in fairness to Tazz, it's hard to see the guy you've always called Balls Mahoney and suddenly have to call him "Cahones"

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So where's the lawsuit from Reby?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Yeah it's one of those things where they easily could, but it's probably not even worth the effort.

There was that PPV where it was nothing but an ECW reunion and in fairness to Tazz, it's hard to see the guy you've always called Balls Mahoney and suddenly have to call him "Cahones"

Apparently they spelled it "Kahoneys" which is the whitest thing imaginable.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://shopmatthardy.com/f-that-owl-t-shirt/

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud/status/841392685739040768

Still a few weeks to cancel the tour again, of course.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Management

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMrRwXOaoY

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao they're gonna put Shera over the whole roster

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

If they're pushing so hard on the Impact branding and trying to bury TNA why the gently caress does the belt still say TNA

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ch3cooh posted:

If they're pushing so hard on the Impact branding and trying to bury TNA why the gently caress does the belt still say TNA

Belt's are expensive. Hence them having rebranded one of them like 4 times now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
"What would your dad say?"
"Don't bring my dad into this!"
"Okay, but what would your dad say?"

Such a boring storyline lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Reby Hardy has a new shirt for sale: