Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

chaoslord posted:

Why Hats ahead of Quid?

3000% gut call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like, I have nothing I can point to specifically right now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Sorry, I had a busy weekend, and the free time I had got eaten by Stardew Valley.

Now, I don't know the ~*~meta~*~ as well as the other people here, but I don't get a scum read off of Tobbs. He just reads kind of frustrated, and I feel like scum would be more motivated than he's being. I mean, maybe that's an act and I'm reading too much of my own tendencies into him, but I'm not really seeing it. Gonna look at the Stick stuff now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Am I still alive? Chaos may be scum too.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Am I still alive? Chaos may be scum too.

Why?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

Sorry, I had a busy weekend, and the free time I had got eaten by Stardew Valley.
I know what that's like.

http://i.imgur.com/VCDR7cs.jpg

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Off the top of my head, dropping in occasionally to lazily agree with other people's cases, just sort of floating.

(I didn't re-read him as all my thoughts on scum are basically the result of intuition).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm real bad at getting people lynched so I'll just continue to only vote for people who I think are scum until you kill me today so it doesn't matter.

Keane chaos stickup quid are on the scum list.

MMT Max chores town

Everyone else no read.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
tobbs can you post a unvote vote quid for me to broken quote

cuz hes 100% scum whereas youre maybe just 69% scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote
##vote Quid

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't like tobbs now. Why did you expect to be dead? It feels like scum nerves.

This is a complete reversal of my d1 feelings on tobbs, I thought he was town then.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Keane: "I have an important town power role."

Scum: (kills random unclaimed player who was going after Keane).

Makes you think.

I don't like this either. This is a some lovely shade towards Keane based on NK choice on N1.

His repeated justification for Max not being scum seems super thin too. I get gut and not feeling a thing, but you should be able to point to a thing even if you can elaborate.

Now I'm gonna reread hats like I said was going to ages ago.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

That was a very fast reread. Ok, most of day 1 hats spent on the human vs lizard chat, which is surface level and boring (And surface level is bad because we are in a mine). There are a couple of light references to the bomb claim but nothing really firm. Super non-commital with everything.
And there is literally nothing today. I would have been fine with a Hats d1 lynch, but because of the lack of content I don't feel as strongly about it.

Now I'll look at Max who I thought was scum d1 and is pushing me today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Actually, to my dismay, I no longer think Max is scummy.

This is dumb, where are my scum reads. Ok, let's look at stickup who I voted as soon as he replaced in for reasons I can no longer remember.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Actually, to my dismay, I no longer think Max is scummy.

This is dumb, where are my scum reads. Ok, let's look at stickup who I voted as soon as he replaced in for reasons I can no longer remember.

Why am I no longer scummy?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

It's ok AA, we all get caught straight out the gates sometimes. Better luck next time, champ.

This smugpost is super light, but it feels smarmy scummy.

Rarity posted:

Would vote Hats based on this post. If you want to get better at mafia then try playing mafia rather than sitting back griping about not being good at it.

Another holier than thou post.

Rarity posted:

Well that sure was a day of mafia

After the fact poo poo I see scum tsk tsking town.

Ok, then stickup replaced in and did stuff too.

stickup's catchup stuff is not terrible. He was around when Keane actually used to play, so I don't get his trepedation there, but that is minor.

this is a stickup posted:

##vote bottleknight

afaik rarity loves playing scum and I doubt she'd replace out as scum. I expect you'd know this and are trying for an easy push

personally I am the same way and have never even considered replacing out as scum. right now I am v. upset with ecco for not retroactively changing rarity's role to murder slug

I don't like the meta defense of Rarity. It feels cheap.

I opened up mmt's posts to see her meta case on tobbs, which she is sure to have made if she is town. mmt has not said 'tobbs' once this entire game

This is such an odd construction... That it actually happens is even odder. Is mmt the scums for seeing how he should be acting and getting self conscious about it? Focusing on stickup first, but MMT might be my next thing.

Ok, I would not be sad to see stickup go, but I don't think he has done anything super scummy, just some tone stuff with Rarity and then being in the position to replace in.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Why am I no longer scummy?

The thing I didn't like about you (the keane trying meta), was really just a singe event. Everything else flowed. Your questioning and pushing of me, while designed to get me voted out, seems to come from a town mind. Pushing me for details and information. This would be good for the town which ever way I flipped.
It just feels organic and not manufactured.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

[quote="Tobbs Gnawed" post="470280419"]
##unvote
##vote Quid
[/quote

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I still have a vote hanging out on stickup. ##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Grandicap posted:

This smugpost is super light, but it feels smarmy scummy.

Another holier than thou post.

After the fact poo poo I see scum tsk tsking town.

Ok, then stickup replaced in and did stuff too.

stickup's catchup stuff is not terrible. He was around when Keane actually used to play, so I don't get his trepedation there, but that is minor.

I don't like the meta defense of Rarity. It feels cheap.

This is such an odd construction... That it actually happens is even odder. Is mmt the scums for seeing how he should be acting and getting self conscious about it? Focusing on stickup first, but MMT might be my next thing.

Ok, I would not be sad to see stickup go, but I don't think he has done anything super scummy, just some tone stuff with Rarity and then being in the position to replace in.

your catchup stuff, though, is pretty terrible. my meta defense of rarity, which was a direct response to bk, was also confirmed my someone else. which part is cheaper, the insinuation that I'm scum for replacing in, or a person that loves playing scum would not replace out as scum?

why do you think my post about mmt is odd? or rather, what do you think is odd about it?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm strongly against the idea of lynching Quidnose or Grandi today, mainly because every time I try and question Max about Tobbs, he brushes off the question and then tries to move suspicion to one of those two. Until we flip at least one of Max or Tobbs, my vote isn't moving.

Max posted:

Hot phone post take, I'm not really sold on Tobbs as scum, mostly because I believe he would have argued for me to be the NK, not Fisk.

---

Yeah, reading Tobbs again, I'm not feeling him for scum, sorry. I don't find his play now and his play in the space game similar here.

---

Yeah, no, this reads like town Tobbs. MMT, I don't think he'd be going after you for trying to drive a mislunch on him if he also thinks your town, just wrong. Also he usually does this defeatist thing as town.

---

Tobbs normally does throw votes but he also throws a lot of alignment calls out there. I dunno what to tell you here though, I know what scum Tobbs normally looks like. He gets really aggressive and fights back against almost every accusation. This just doesn't look or feel like scum Tobbs to me.

Half jokingly, Tobbs absolutely salivates at the idea of one day either voting scum me out or NK'ing me since that has yet to be reciprocated in our history together. I really think I would have been the NK last night if he had any say in it.

Max very clearly isn't trying to figure out Tobbs' alignment, he's specifically trying to argue that he's town using whatever he can find to make it stick. When it comes to Tobbs he's never quoting specific posts (even though there are plenty of suspicious ones), he instead just points out a loose reason that Tobbs isn't scum (many of which are incorrect) and then re-focuses his efforts into moving the vote on someone else.

A quiz for Max:

(T/F): Tobbs only substantial case this game has been on Keane, and it hasn't changed since D1.

(T/F): Tobbs has spent more time talking about other games than casing people in this game.

(T/F): Tobbs, self proclaimed "meta master", referenced Avantian Courier multiple times, but when stickup brought up my case on Tobbs from that game, he claimed to not remember it. He later made a claim about "Murmur's streak of being wrong about him", ignoring the fact that the last time I was tunneling him for posting like this, I was right.

(T/F): Tobbs claimed to have a town read on me because "scum Murmur tries hard and she isn't trying hard this game", forgetting that I claimed the vig kill, and then later admitted he hadn't read over my posts when he made that call.

(T/F): Tobbs has a town read on you but his only reasoning for this is that "the fishiness that surrounds you is absent".

(T/F): Tobbs has made scum calls on Quid and stickup, but hasn't attempted to case them. He made a tepid case on Chaos but admitted that he didn't go back and read the thread to solidify his read.

Don't answer with "I don't think Tobbs is scum", I'm specifically looking for whether or not you agree or disagree these points are true.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
can I also take the quiz for bonus points???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur, it sounds like you agree that Max is more suspish than Tobbs?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

To be clear - after D1 I noticed that Tobbs wasn't doing his normal "make a million cases and throw his vote around" thing, which was suspicious to me. But I had some doubt because of the post he made with a bunch of meta reads (which is consistent with what I'd expect from a town Tobbs) so I wanted to wait until he posted a bit on D2 and feel his posting out before I made a case there. I was out for the start of D2 during the time when Stickup made his case / Tobbs started replying to them, but once I got back and saw their interactions it gave me a solid scum read on Tobbs.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

Half jokingly, Tobbs absolutely salivates at the idea of one day either voting scum me out or NK'ing me since that has yet to be reciprocated in our history together. I really think I would have been the NK last night if he had any say in it.

Give me a percentage of how much influence this has on your overall read of Tobbs, Max.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Murmur, it sounds like you agree that Max is more suspish than Tobbs?

I'm at the point where I squarely believe they're both scum so it'd be hard for me to call one more suspicious than the other. I would vote for either of them, but only either of them.

I think I'm leaning more towards Tobbs over Max because of the meta call (and again - I get that meta calls are whatever but the difference between town Tobbs and scum Tobbs really is night and day imo) but if the vote was going towards Max instead, I wouldn't argue with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd vote Tobbs. I wouldn't vote Max, but I think that's because I find grand suspicious.

Also Max and I are IRL lovers I told Ecco about this before the game it's cool.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Grandicap posted:

This is a complete reversal of my d1 feelings on tobbs, I thought he was town then.

Grandicap posted:

these seem super self-conscious and I would vote grandi.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Also Max and I are IRL lovers I told Ecco about this before the game it's cool.

Oh. Okay, then, Max. *tears swell in eyes* Sure, just do whatever you want!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

these seem super self-conscious and I would vote grandi.

I will vote Tobbs, though, because it's probably scum Tobbs and there's a lot of content on that bone.

##unvote
##vote tobbs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tobbs Gnawed (4): chores, Murmur, -Murmur, Murmur, -chores, chaos, stickup, chores, -chores, BK

Quidthulhu (2): chores, -chores, Tobbs, chores

Grandicap (1): Max
Max (1): PMom

BottleKnight (0): stickup, -stickup
stickup (0): Grandi, BK, -Grandi, -BK
CCKeane (0): Tobbs, -Tobbs

:h: 12 alive, 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 13th, ~11PM EDT. That's in about 4 hours from this post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I think Quid's lurking (like pretty much all lurking) is alignment-neutral and he should just replace out instead of us lunching a low-content player and getting very little content out of it except a flip.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

I think Quid's lurking (like pretty much all lurking) is alignment-neutral and he should just replace out instead of us lunching a low-content player and getting very little content out of it except a flip.

that would mean he is scum anyway. we might as well just kill him now

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

that would mean he is scum anyway. we might as well just kill him now

What specifically are you referring to when you say 'would mean he is scum anyway' ? I specifically said lurking is alignment-neutral.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

[quote="BottleKnight" post="470291134"]
I will vote Tobbs, though, because it's probably scum Tobbs and there's a lot of content on that bone.

##unvote
##vote tobbs

[/quote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm strongly against the idea of lynching Quidnose or Grandi today, mainly because every time I try and question Max about Tobbs, he brushes off the question and then tries to move suspicion to one of those two. Until we flip at least one of Max or Tobbs, my vote isn't moving.

Max very clearly isn't trying to figure out Tobbs' alignment, he's specifically trying to argue that he's town using whatever he can find to make it stick. When it comes to Tobbs he's never quoting specific posts (even though there are plenty of suspicious ones), he instead just points out a loose reason that Tobbs isn't scum (many of which are incorrect) and then re-focuses his efforts into moving the vote on someone else.

A quiz for Max:

(T/F): Tobbs only substantial case this game has been on Keane, and it hasn't changed since D1.

(T/F): Tobbs has spent more time talking about other games than casing people in this game.

(T/F): Tobbs, self proclaimed "meta master", referenced Avantian Courier multiple times, but when stickup brought up my case on Tobbs from that game, he claimed to not remember it. He later made a claim about "Murmur's streak of being wrong about him", ignoring the fact that the last time I was tunneling him for posting like this, I was right.

(T/F): Tobbs claimed to have a town read on me because "scum Murmur tries hard and she isn't trying hard this game", forgetting that I claimed the vig kill, and then later admitted he hadn't read over my posts when he made that call.

(T/F): Tobbs has a town read on you but his only reasoning for this is that "the fishiness that surrounds you is absent".

(T/F): Tobbs has made scum calls on Quid and stickup, but hasn't attempted to case them. He made a tepid case on Chaos but admitted that he didn't go back and read the thread to solidify his read.

Don't answer with "I don't think Tobbs is scum", I'm specifically looking for whether or not you agree or disagree these points are true.

All true. Whoops, still feel he's town oh noooooooooooooo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've been dismissing your questions because I don't like binary choices and I think opinions can be more nuanced than that. I'm surprised you want to keep pressing it but whatever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

I've been dismissing your questions because I don't like binary choices and I think opinions can be more nuanced than that. I'm surprised you want to keep pressing it but whatever.

The reason I'm pressing these questions is that they're facts, not opinions.

You're expressing that you think Tobbs is town based on things like "he would have NKed me if he was scum" or "this doesn't feel like his scum meta". I'm asking these questions because, from my point of view, it's scummy that said facts aren't weighing into your assessment of Tobbs' alignment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fair but at this point and time my answer isn't going to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unrelated, please remember that Pmom is apparently playing this game and can get away with that awful bullshit yesterday apparently.

• Locked thread