Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
All I got of worth was a 4 star Subaki. Woo. Anyone got a Jaffar? What's he like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
60 orbs and all I pulled was three 4* and complete garbage 3*

Basically 2000 feathers.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lord Ephraim posted:

60 orbs and all I pulled was three 4* and complete garbage 3*

Basically 2000 feathers.

At the risk of sounding 100% insane, it really feels like they hosed with the rates. I took two rolls and I got a single 4* unit out of it. The rest were all 3*. I can't ever remember having that bad luck before.

EDIT: one of the daily quests is to win four arena duels. What the gently caress, nintendo.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 14, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I two blue pulls and got niniananna

She has Light Breath, Dance, Fortify Dragons and Escape Route

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nuebot posted:

At the risk of sounding 100% insane, it really feels like they hosed with the rates. I took two rolls and I got a single 4* unit out of it. The rest were all 3*. I can't ever remember having that bad luck before.

I've had tons of rolls like that. :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: one of the daily quests is to win four arena duels. What the gently caress, nintendo.
OTOH I pulled the dragon dancer in less than 20 stones. I don't think you are insane but confirmation biased maybe!

Anyway you get a crest for like 1 arena wins which should fuel the rest of your daily arenas easily. Pretty pleasant set of quests and if it's everyday and 200 feathers than that's an extra 1400 feathers a week on top of the 900 feathers they injected into the offense score rewards.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

dancer status: actually probably worse than oliva and azura? maybe for a dragon theme team? tiki, fae, dance dragon, some fourth dragon

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Must have stolen your luck. Which, added to mine, let me finally get that Effie.

Only a four star, which leaves me still at two five stars rolled EVER, same color too (Lucina and Eirika), but still, whooooo Effie.
Also Tharja is a nice bonus. Gordin too? Shove sounds nice.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Karel and Azura is really stupid. You attack once with him, attacked back into low health and then one shot two units a turn.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Nuebot posted:

You get a free dueling crest for winning the first duel so it's really not an issue. Burn the crest you get to finish the win 4 duels and defeat 20 Lv. 10+ enemies quests.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Karel is the only one in this banner I'd like really want cause his kit seems abusive but there's just such a massive glut of reds. I targeted Ninian instead so I can mess with a dragon team eventually and pinch her in the rest of the months arenas when she's featured.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Did another pull, got Priscilla and 5* Camilla. Guess I used up my luck for the next few banners. Getting two healers is ehh, but at least Priscilla's skills seem useful (Spur Def and Panic).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain France posted:

Must have stolen your luck. Which, added to mine, let me finally get that Effie.

Only a four star, which leaves me still at two five stars rolled EVER, same color too (Lucina and Eirika), but still, whooooo Effie.
Also Tharja is a nice bonus. Gordin too? Shove sounds nice.

:negative: give it back, I want Effie and Tharja!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Well I got Jaffar, and Camilla (:shrug:) off 60 pulls.

Jaffar's skills don't look nearly as gamebreaking as I hoped they'd be, but he was a guy I wanted so I'll take that as a win.

Karel looks retarded though.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Spent over 40 orbs, backing out of anything but blues, aiming for Ninian.

Got rewarded with ~three~ 3* M Robins, two of which were in the same pull. Watching that intro animation thrice in a row was absolutely infuriating. Oh, and the best IV out of the three was +Def/-HP.

I'm really going to have to use my 3* Olivia as my only dancer forever, huh?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What do the new heroes have, besides Nininananaininaininan?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sophism posted:

Spent over 40 orbs, backing out of anything but blues, aiming for Ninian.

Got rewarded with ~three~ 3* M Robins, two of which were in the same pull. Watching that intro animation thrice in a row was absolutely infuriating. Oh, and the best IV out of the three was +Def/-HP.

I'm really going to have to use my 3* Olivia as my only dancer forever, huh?

You could just use the 2000 feathers to get her to 4*

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My highest-scoring team (Effie/Tiki/Sharena/Olwen) is insanely weak to literally any mage

I got a run with 6 fights in a row with no enemy mages, and then almost pulled off a perfect in the 7th against a Julia...who turned out to be +def, ruining my plan to deal with her. Always check enemy stats, kids

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

What do the new heroes have, besides Nininananaininaininan?

Jaffar has a new knife that gives -7 def/res and also has a free poison strike 2. Ironically this makes him the first knife "lord" since he's got a weapon that has a rank 2 skill attached like all the other lords. Otherwise he has Glimmer, threaten speed, and Life and Death. He could be good but it will all depend on how his stats shake out.

Karel has a new sword which gives +10 damage when his skill procs, reprisal (30% damage suffered returned cd: 2), defiant attack and desperation. He's not dancer good but he's probably got the most potential of the new units. Shame he's a sword unit.

Lucius has the Martyr staff and Miracle. He'll be worthless.

Rebecca's a generic bow unit that has darting blow so she'll live or die based on her stat totals, she also has seal attack which won't matter.

Priscilla has Rehabilitate and panic, given she's on a horse that makes her the game's best overall healer for all of a week. Still not very good.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 14, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Not off the banner so far but I did pull a 4* +Atk/-HP Effie so :confuoot:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Out of curiosity, what are the lower ranks of Fortify Dragons? Def or Res?

Also, my streak as the luckiest bastard of all time continues, as I pull an Abel in 20 orbs. Well, I was aiming for Ninian though.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

You could just use the 2000 feathers to get her to 4*

I could make her 5* if I wanted. But she's just a Dance bot due to her garbage stats, and I'd never replace my Lucina with an Olivia for my red slot. I want a dancer that can actually fight if needed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Clarste posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the lower ranks of Fortify Dragons? Def or Res?

Also, my streak as the luckiest bastard of all time continues, as I pull an Abel in 20 orbs. Well, I was aiming for Ninian though.

Def, up to 3. Dragons is 6.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sophism posted:

I could make her 5* if I wanted. But she's just a Dance bot due to her garbage stats, and I'd never replace my Lucina with an Olivia for my red slot. I want a dancer that can actually fight if needed.

She gets Hone Attack 3 at 4*

I would definitely replace the Lucina in my party with Olivia if my 4* Olivia had the same stat total. A second turn for Tharja (or anyone else) is better than a Lucina for me.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

She gets Hone Attack 3 at 4*

I would definitely replace the Lucina in my party with Olivia if my 4* Olivia had the same stat total. A second turn for Tharja (or anyone else) is better than a Lucina for me.

I run Nino and Sharena, so Hone Attack does nothing for me. Olivia is just a Dance bot, and I'd much rather have a Lucina that can check Hectors and maul dragons.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Sophism posted:

I run Nino and Sharena, so Hone Attack does nothing for me. Olivia is just a Dance bot, and I'd much rather have a Lucina that can check Hectors and maul dragons.

5* Olivia beats Hector real easily.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sophism posted:

I run Sharena too, I just prefer Hone Attack to Rally attack since it means Sharena can actually do something else besides buff Tharja/Nino during the turn.

I will probably change one of them when skill inheritance comes along though (if possible). The only thing preventing me from running Olivia is the low stat total at 4*.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Who needs either when you have Sieglinde? :smug:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I got Karel and he looks disgusting.

I'd said I'm gonna stop and save my orbs after I get a 5-star but Karel looks like he really wants a Dancer, and Ninian is right there...

Also Karel with Fury sounds hilarious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

Sieglinde can't give someone two turns so it's obviously trash garbage.

Honestly though, I would really like to have Eirika (and Azura)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

fought a wings of mercy hector

he flew into tiki because ????????

then he died

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

People who want to have a dancer on their team and didn't roll to the hard .05% chance of azura or get a ninian from this banner. Since if you're running a olivia anyway eirika is not that great for the buff team.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Footprints in the sand

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Andrast posted:

Sieglinde can't give someone two turns so it's obviously trash garbage.

Honestly though, I would really like to have Eirika (and Azura)

akulanization posted:

People who want to have a dancer on their team and didn't roll to the hard .05% chance of azura or get a ninian from this banner. Since if you're running a olivia anyway eirika is not that great for the buff team.

Just roll Eirika and Azura obviously :smug: :smuggo: :smugdog:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

wait HOW did this hector have wings of mercy already

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

akulanization posted:

5* Olivia beats Hector real easily.

So let's assume neutral IVs.

5* Olivia
HP 36
ATK 43
SPD 33
DEF 27

5* Hector
HP 52
ATK 52
SPD 24
DEF 37

First turn, Olivia baits one attack from Hector, so that she can take him out of Armads' range. He hits her for 14, and she counters for 14. Olivia has 22 HP, Hector has 38 HP.

Second turn, Olivia initiates the attack. She hits him for 14, he counters for 14, she gets another swing due to her Speed advantage, hitting him for another 14. Except Pavise proc'd, so she only hit him for 7. Olivia has 8 HP, Hector has 17 HP.

Third turn, Olivia is dead.

Are my calculations accurate?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 14, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

maybe I was playing training tower? i don't think i was. did hector always have wings of mercy and i just didn't notice? i swear it was arena...

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Only place I've seen wings of mercy hector is in the tower . . . afaik I don't think it's possible to hack defense units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

:wom: Hector is gonna be hosed up, the one Hector on the final Blazing map always bodies the hell out of one of my mages.