Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Ok I obviously suck at this game.

I dunno, reading over CL it felt like he was cheerleading wrong cases and I felt like that's what I'd be doing if I were scum this game?

I'm out for a little while so how about other people make some cases because I'm thoroughly rattled at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's almost like, there is another case out there (Grandi)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

With 15 players and this many town killing roles, I'm going to assume a 4 person scum team. We know for certain now that Taste really was double murdered on N1, so I'm not willing to entertain the idea that we lunch MMT.

Quid is thoroughly useless, as is Hats, with Pmom taking up the rear of that category.

That leaves us Stick, Keane, BK and Grandi who have actually engaged in this game.

I am not a fan of how Stick and BK tried to set up what I asked of MMT yesterday as some super duper scum maneuver to get her to clear me. Grandi . . . I still think is scummy. I didn't like his reversal the other day since a lot of how he was working through his thoughts looked super manufactured. It seemed self-conscious and bad. Would vote Grandi for sure, would like to see what BK and stick have to say for themselves right now.

I'm not willing to drat Keane on Meta and I like how he's been playing so far, so I'm not really willing to go down that road just yet, though I am aware that Tobbs is usually right on the money with his scum calls.

Lots of people yesterday said "Wow, I like what Max had to say about Grandi" but did nothing, so it would be really wonderful if people could look there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't want to trash AA too much, for they really hosed up Day 1 in terms of reads and made it supremely easy to vote for them. Looking at BK, he spends a lot of time joking around with the AA situation before voting but it's hard to read it because AA just made themselves such a huge target, it was difficult not to.

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, agreed. Would vote Max, but might as well keep my vote on Tobbs.

I'm feeling better about you btw, I voted you because of my read on Rarity but your play has been good so I'm reconsidering.

Call this OMGUS if you want but he somehow went from:

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not going to make any calls about Max's motivation because he's really sticking his neck out here in a way I wouldn't expect scum to do to protect a fellow scum, but at the same time it just doesn't add up to normal Max play for me. It's bizarre.

To apparently being willing to vote for me the moment it looked like others had an issue with what I asked.

Would probably vote BK today, but he's not at the top of my list.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am loath to admit this, but reading back on Pmom, I think he's town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That being said, at this moment Quid, Hats and Pmom have less posts than Ecco and we are on day 3. In fact, Quid and Hats have half as many posts as Ecco, which is really shameful.

I don't have much to read from Quid and Hats, since they haven't done much of anything, but they sucketh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm gonna eat breakfast but someone please come in and post something.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max, you are wrong about me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MMT, can you withhold the kill?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Hey wait a minute, over here!"
One of the miners had made their way into chaoslord's office - a makeshift corner of the mine with his desk and personal things and a sign that says "4MAN" (the pun even works in Lizard tongue). This inquisitive miner was rummaging through chaoslord's things as a sentimental exercise (or maybe an act of minor looting), and had found something strange. On the wall behind the office there was a small recession, and knocking on it caused a small echo inside the stone, as if most of the wall was fake. The other miners found a way to tear it down with their picks and hammers, not noticing there was a small crank nearby which would have accomplished the same purpose.
Inside this hidden chamber was a lot of gold. Coins and ingots and nuggets and chests. Way more than chaoslord ever deserved in his wages. He was stealing from the mine the whole time!
No fair!
We liked him!
And yet it is true. chaoslord was, in actuality, a bad dude.

:s: chaoslord, Mifta, Foreman (scum-aligned godfather), died night 2. :s:

The day continues!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Max, you are wrong about me.

Prove it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

"Hey wait a minute, over here!"
One of the miners had made their way into chaoslord's office - a makeshift corner of the mine with his desk and personal things and a sign that says "4MAN" (the pun even works in Lizard tongue). This inquisitive miner was rummaging through chaoslord's things as a sentimental exercise (or maybe an act of minor looting), and had found something strange. On the wall behind the office there was a small recession, and knocking on it caused a small echo inside the stone, as if most of the wall was fake. The other miners found a way to tear it down with their picks and hammers, not noticing there was a small crank nearby which would have accomplished the same purpose.
Inside this hidden chamber was a lot of gold. Coins and ingots and nuggets and chests. Way more than chaoslord ever deserved in his wages. He was stealing from the mine the whole time!
No fair!
We liked him!
And yet it is true. chaoslord was, in actuality, a bad dude.

:s: chaoslord, Mifta, Foreman (scum-aligned godfather), died night 2. :s:

The day continues!

loving thank god.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I like your case on the whole but I don't think the replacing out is such a big deal. Rarity does like playing scum so I have a hard time seeing her giving that up but if life is busy life is busy. Replacements are usually null tells unless it's like, meinberg.

That said, I won't vote stickup based on a Rarity case from D1. Stickup posts enough that a good read based on their own merits will be possible imo.

Point against Stick.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Tobbs I am interested in this post. Stickup makes a pretty good meta case on both you and MMT. You love meta and acknowledge that you believe stickup is correct. In your next post you declare MMT to be town. Why do you believe her to be town?

Another instance of him agreeing with Stick

chaoslord posted:

Want to take a moment to :yeah::agreed::same: this post.

And another

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Prove it.

How? I mean, I could flip, that would prove it, but also be counterproductive.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

How? I mean, I could flip, that would prove it, but also be counterproductive.

Make an argument, scumhunt, do something.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like we just found out CL was scum, are you looking back to see what was up with him?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This isn't some revelatory suggestion I'm making here, you've been around the block enough to know how to play this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I, for one, never agree with players I know to be town when playing scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

I, for one, never agree with players I know to be town when playing scum

Doesn't stop others from playing differently.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like the fact is that BK made an argument against you and CL went out of his way to argue against it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BK's argument was soft enough that he could easily do it without bringing down suspicion on him. It reads like he's defending you.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bk's entire argument against me was that I replaced into this game. there rest of his argument was against rarity.

entertainment is the only valid reason to push a replacement just for being a replacement

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Make an argument, scumhunt, do something.

This is an unfair statement. I made arguments yesterday. I am engaging in the game, I'm not going to say I'm driving content, but I am participating.

I get you think I'm scum, but this mischaracterization is lovely. I doubt anything I could do would change your mind at this point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

This is an unfair statement. I made arguments yesterday. I am engaging in the game, I'm not going to say I'm driving content, but I am participating.

I get you think I'm scum, but this mischaracterization is lovely. I doubt anything I could do would change your mind at this point.

Here, I'll make your argument for you:

Max posted:

Sort of. I'm still hotter on Grandi and am still getting town vibes from Tobbs at the moment.

chaoslord posted:

Fair enough. Wouldn't expect it to necessarily vault him to the top of your list so that's ok.

If you were on CLord's scum team I think he would have had a different reaction to what I just said there. Instead it looks like I just named two town that he doesn't give a poo poo about. So in fact you may actually be town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

bk's entire argument against me was that I replaced into this game. there rest of his argument was against rarity.

entertainment is the only valid reason to push a replacement just for being a replacement

Yes exactly, that's why I think CLord would have felt he could stick his neck out for you. It wasn't a very good argument and is easy to push back against. If you were town it would have been pretty easy for Clord to say nothing at all and see where it goes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Clord also does some defending Keane d1.

chaoslord posted:

Tobbs why Keane? I see this post

Is that the whole basis of it or is there more?

chaoslord posted:

If I were going to vote someone not you, Dick B would be my choice. Here is a sequence of posts I don't get.

Keane asks for your role name.

Keane then asks for clarification on whether "Blaster lunchingbomb" is role then flavor or flavor then role :siren:based on a comment DB made:siren:

Keane asks for role name, flavor name, and what your flavor power is.

So... wait. Asking you for your role name was "drat fine". Then, DB pointed out something weird about what you said, so Keane asked for a clarification. Somehow, Keane asking for that clarification caught DB off guard. And then Keane trying to clarify what you were saying (including just repeating that "drat fine" question) is too absurd? How does it go from a great question to an absurd one? I think DB caught his contradiction because he tries to play it off jokingly in a post two minutes later, quoting himself and saying

chaoslord posted:

So, to be clear, you think this sequence is not logical for Keane to pursue?

Because this is where you come in and start throwing shade at Keane's questioning, despite being around earlier.

He is pushing hard away from it and trying to discredit the DB case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Clord also does some defending Keane d1.

He is pushing hard away from it and trying to discredit the DB case.

Yeah, I saw that too. Would vote Stick or Keane today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hmmm, I could see stick on the scumteam with MMT for the reasons I said yesterday, but MMT is pretty much in the clear, having killed a scum.
Also, Keane was the town read I had yesterday I didn't want to share.
Is this scum team hiding in the lurkers?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT is definitely not on the scum team since it's clear that her kill is separate from the other kill.

I can see Quid or Hats being one of the other scum, but I feel like there isn't enough there to take that gamble at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Stick's around long enough to make a token defense but not to do any reads based on CLord's flip, interesting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I was jailed again.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

Would vote Grandi for sure, would like to see what BK and stick have to say for themselves right now.

I'm not ashamed of myself, if that's what you're implying I should feel?

Max posted:

I don't want to trash AA too much, for they really hosed up Day 1 in terms of reads and made it supremely easy to vote for them. Looking at BK, he spends a lot of time joking around with the AA situation before voting but it's hard to read it because AA just made themselves such a huge target, it was difficult not to.

Call this OMGUS if you want but he somehow went from:

To apparently being willing to vote for me the moment it looked like others had an issue with what I asked.

Would probably vote BK today, but he's not at the top of my list.

It's almost like I didn't want to make a "scum defending scum" read about an unflipped player but then stickup reminded me that you could be making a "scum defending town" read for cred, which still seems pretty likely to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I agree with the CL reads though. Keane hasn't really pinged me otherwise so I wouldn't vote him just for that, though I may need to reread him, but I agree with the stickup read. I was feeling better about stickup and his play but I was really confident about my rarity read and this lines up with that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also, agree with the lurker callout. This game will fall apart if so many people have so little posts. :justpost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, BK, ignore that big post I made before CL's flip, I was working with incorrect info there. Based on what was happening, I feel like you are more likely to be town at the moment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Come morning the miners found yet more death in their camp. First was that irascible fool chores, who died with his skull broken open with a shovel. He was a humble miner.

:s: got some chores tonight, Hajair, Miner (town-aligned vanilla), was killed night 2. :s:

More horrifying was the death of the mine's foreman. He was a beloved figure among the crew, always looking out for them in their time of need. He never raised his whip against honest workers, always choosing to run the mine with respect and dignity than with the cruel fist of a tyrant. He made sure the sickest and weakest among them got double rations and warm beds to rejuvenate their tired bodies. In general he was just a swell guy - it was tragic to find he was murdered so brutally.

:s: chaoslord, Mifta, Foreman (definitely town great guy), was drilled open night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 9 alive it takes 5 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Wednesday, March 15th, ~11PM EDT.

Chaos was drilled.

MMT claimed a pick, didn''t she?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I am a Driller (town vigilante) and I did indeed target Fisk last night. I agree with Max/Keane that Fisk was probably double killed - the drilling in the guts was me but I don't think the pickax was. I was leaning towards drilling Max last night but switched to Fisk at the last minute. :eng99:

Can you clarify this? You were jailed but Fisk getting double-killed matches with your flavor?

The exact opposite of what I said is true.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Max posted:

That being said, at this moment Quid, Hats and Pmom have less posts than Ecco and we are on day 3. In fact, Quid and Hats have half as many posts as Ecco, which is really shameful.

I don't have much to read from Quid and Hats, since they haven't done much of anything, but they sucketh.

Yeah, I sucketh, and have no excuse at this point for my sucketh-ing. So, today's mission: get back to more posts than Ecco, and do it with actual substantial posts! Time to go read Mr. Scum Man and see those interactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Come morning the miners found yet more death in their camp. First was that irascible fool chores, who died with his skull broken open with a shovel. He was a humble miner.

:s: got some chores tonight, Hajair, Miner (town-aligned vanilla), was killed night 2. :s:

More horrifying was the death of the mine's foreman. He was a beloved figure among the crew, always looking out for them in their time of need. He never raised his whip against honest workers, always choosing to run the mine with respect and dignity than with the cruel fist of a tyrant. He made sure the sickest and weakest among them got double rations and warm beds to rejuvenate their tired bodies. In general he was just a swell guy - it was tragic to find he was murdered so brutally.

:s: chaoslord, Mifta, Foreman (definitely town great guy), was drilled open night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 9 alive it takes 5 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Wednesday, March 15th, ~11PM EDT.

Myself
MMT
Max
The Lord of Hats
Quid
Grand
BK
Stick
PMom

Here is who is left.

Lord of Hats is still pinging me hard, and chaos DID ask why I was feeling Hats over Quid.

I don't think Max is scum because I think he'd off lurkers. I also do agree with his grand case, still.

I'm comfortable treating MMT as town right now, even though HORRIBLE NIGHTLY MURDERS AHHHHHH

I don't have many feelings on anybody else.

• Locked thread