Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

The_Rob posted:

And also him being uninteresting in every way possible.

thats what i said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Under the vegetable posted:

thats what i said.

Well I don't think it's booking that's keeping him down. 99 percent of the time I would say booking, but they book him to be the strongest dude in the company.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Watching the final segment now, and god drat HHH and Stephanie are awful shits.
While Hunter will get his comeuppance, Stephanie will never get hers*, which is the most frustrating part.

* - outside of a weak bump at WrestleMania

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

The_Rob posted:

Well I don't think it's booking that's keeping him down. 99 percent of the time I would say booking, but they book him to be the strongest dude in the company.

and almost all the fans see through it and think its awful.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CobiWann posted:

Just defeated the djinn and cancelled out Yennfer's last wish, had Geralt tell her he doesn't have feelings for her anymore and now I feel like a MAJOR dick.

Congratulations, you are worse than HHH and Stephanie COMBINED!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just wish Roman would get a theme or a costume or a character or anything that wasn't just lol member the shield like Seth and Dean have.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What if they're Tanking Raw and telling the talent to crap it up to make Roman 4 snowflakes Reigns look good. Wheels within wheels.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

honestly Roman/AJ II and Roman/KO II were both great and they weren't just because AJ and KO carried him. Roman is good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I like Roman, I think he's a great man and a fantastic wrestler, I just wish he was dead

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Eli Wiggum posted:

While Hunter will get his comeuppance, Stephanie will never get hers*, which is the most frustrating part.

* - outside of a weak bump at WrestleMania

Yeah. I'm 100% certain that HHH will lose to Rollins, which makes that a little more palatable. The Mick Foley Socko moment was definitely heightened by the smugness of Triple H and Steph leading up to it, and Seth coming out for the beatdown was great...but it was all sorta deflated by HHH immediately turning the tables and beating Seth down with the crutch. Save that poo poo for next week or something. Jeez.

At this point, I want WWE to sign Ronda Rousey solely because I think she's the only woman who they would consistently allow to go over Steph in the name of being "best for business". They just won't book any of their own talent to give her comeuppance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe AJ Styles is a loving flat-earther

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the one expert authority an idiot redneck defers to: snipers

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
"My takeaway from AJ stating multiple times that he's not a flat-earther is that he's a flat-earther."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's just asking questions

about the curvature of the earth

after being on a loving plane

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

He's just asking questions

about the curvature of the earth

after being on a loving plane

he specifically said the curvature of the earth disproves it but he just likes people who question everything

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
He's gonna beat the Undertaker in a lame heel way and we all hate him.

Then we will love him.

Then.

Now.

Forever.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Me: what if shoes are, actually, designed for your hands

AJ styles: you make some interesting points

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zack Ryder is better at connecting with the audience than Roman.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

"i think that dogs are an illusion created by big government"

"hm well i'm not saying dogs ARE an illusion but i think you should be able to question the existence of dogs"

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

That DICK! posted:

Me: what if shoes are, actually, designed for your hands

AJ styles: you make some interesting points

this makes AJ really cool

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I just wish Roman would get a theme or a costume or a character or anything that wasn't just lol member the shield like Seth and Dean have.

it's telling that when the Shield broke up, Dean and Seth both changed most of their attire and their theme music, but Roman kept the same flak jacket and overall boring theme.

make him heel and maybe find a new finisher that isn't literally just a loving jumping punch. teach him something like croyt's wrath or some kind of floatover brainscramble ddt or a tiger suplex, gently caress, anything but the superman punch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's telling that when the Shield broke up, Dean and Seth both changed most of their attire and their theme music, but Roman kept the same flak jacket and overall boring theme.

make him heel and maybe find a new finisher that isn't literally just a loving jumping punch. teach him something like croyt's wrath or some kind of floatover brainscramble ddt or a tiger suplex, gently caress, anything but the superman punch

I like the theme. It's good to see the crowd instantly erupt with a reaction exactly one second into someone's entrance

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I like the theme. It's good to see the crowd instantly erupt with a reaction exactly one second into someone's entrance

I agree, it's a very booable theme. You don't often get those

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lol you left out the second part

quote:

Who can say? The only person that ever told me or told the world that other planets exist is NASA, but there’s a reason for all… they’re making a lot of money, a lot of money. They have a lot of money coming in. NASA is not an American thing. It’s a world thing. A lot of people don’t know that, so when you start asking questions, there are not a lot of answers sometimes.”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If AJ Styles says the earth is flat and there's no other planets then I'm inclined to believe him.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

"nobody knew about planets until NASA, which is not an american thing that makes a lot of money" - aj "flat-earther" styles 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AJ Styles is a dumb idiot because :lol: at "a lot of money" and NASA being uttered in the same sentence.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

OctoberCountry posted:

lol you left out the second part
That literally reads like something Trump would say. AJ Styles for President

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Spaceships are expensive.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ain't nobody breakin' that redneck.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

THIS is why Roman Reigns has failed.

He was portrayed as that guy who has clung on to his high school glory days for far too long. With Seth and Dean debuting new themes/attire having Reigns come out to the same poo poo as The Shield was one of the first times the fans were disappointed. Plus, his music basically screams "Remember The Shield guys? Right? Wasn't that great? Cheer me plz thx"

I think if even came out to a different theme and kept the look (which does work for him) we may be a different spot with him.

Also, here's a fun exercise. What if Batista ended up winning the title at WM and he became the main attention of DB fans fury. Would Reigns still be hurt by winning the Rumble/Fastlane match?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TheRico posted:

Also, here's a fun exercise. What if Batista ended up winning the title at WM and he became the main attention of DB fans fury. Would Reigns still be hurt by winning the Rumble/Fastlane match?

Uh. Batista WAS the guy that all the Bryan Backlash was directed at

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Flat Earth thing feels like something someone did trying to make fun of Climate change deniers but accidentally made people believe in flat earth.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venomous posted:

honestly Roman/AJ II and Roman/KO II were both great and they weren't just because AJ and KO carried him. Roman is good

they carried him to the extra .5-1.5 stars

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Rename the Styles Clash to the Earth Flattener

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The_Rob posted:

People tend to like faces when they find them compelling or when they can identify with them. Theres nothing compelling or identifiable about Reigns at all. Hes transparently the hand picked "next big thing" and as such they have built him up by over-exposing him and having him show few physical weaknesses. So yeah, while hes made to look strong, if anything thats worked to his detriment. Both Punk and Daniel Bryan got far more over than he has ever been without having to be protected in the way that he has.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to turn heel against Undertaker and have him turn up on Raw the next night with a new theme, new ring gear and a new finisher. Something more brutal than the superman punch. Then let him go loose on the mic so maybe he learns how to express himself properly on it and he might not come across as so monotonous dork all the time.

Or just fire the fucker, because I'm sick of seeing him.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
How do flat earthers explain how you can't see the North Star in the Southern Hemisphere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

How do flat earthers explain how you can't see the North Star in the Southern Hemisphere

"All the things I could be doing at night and you expect me to look at friggin' STARS?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheRico posted:

THIS is why Roman Reigns has failed.

He was portrayed as that guy who has clung on to his high school glory days for far too long. With Seth and Dean debuting new themes/attire having Reigns come out to the same poo poo as The Shield was one of the first times the fans were disappointed. Plus, his music basically screams "Remember The Shield guys? Right? Wasn't that great? Cheer me plz thx"

Roman adopts an Al Bundy gimmick with Dana as Peggy, becomes biggest face couple ever.

• Locked thread