Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQqx8CSrw4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

It’s time to “Make T-Shirts Great” with a contemporary design inspired by Reby Hardy.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm sure Reby is in the right in this situation but let's remember that many years ago she agreed to be tasered on camera by her now husband and brother-in-law.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

fart blood posted:

I'm sure Reby is in the right in this situation but let's remember that many years ago she agreed to be tasered on camera by her now husband and brother-in-law.

This is extremely cool

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I used to let my friends taser me in college. Just something people do on drugs.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fart blood posted:

Matt Hardy's two year amphetamine rampage was good.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I used to let my friends taser me in college. Just something people do on drugs.

That and getting married to Hardy Boyz

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
The wrestling business and TNA have made me jaded I guess, but I can't help wondering what if for some bizarre reason this whole Hardy/TNA thing is a work to draw attention to both brands? It'd be completely foolish but then again let us look at what we are dealing with here.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Ghidzilla posted:

The wrestling business and TNA have made me jaded I guess, but I can't help wondering what if for some bizarre reason this whole Hardy/TNA thing is a work to draw attention to both brands? It'd be completely foolish but then again let us look at what we are dealing with here.

I don't think you can pretend send a cease-and-desist letter (much like you can't file a real lawsuit for a worked angle to "make it seem real")

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can send however many real or fake letters you want lol but its not a work double lol

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Oh cool LAX are now literally drug dealers and pimps.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

dsriggs posted:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud/status/841392685739040768

Still a few weeks to cancel the tour again, of course.

Bring back Deadly Danda!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

fart blood posted:

I don't think you can pretend send a cease-and-desist letter (much like you can't file a real lawsuit for a worked angle to "make it seem real")

What if you convince your boss to fire you for real to make the angle seem more legit and then jump ship to ECW

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

What if you convince your boss to fire you for real to make the angle seem more legit and then jump ship to ECW

you'd have to be some kind of loose cannon to do that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

you'd have to be some kind of loose cannon to do that

Brian Pillman loving owned.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of TNA filming in India, PWInsider is reporting they want to possibly revive (or bring back something similar) to Ring Ka King.

Shame it won't be the same without Scott Steiner running through the crowd, chasing people around. :sigh:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of TNA filming in India, PWInsider is reporting they want to possibly revive (or bring back something similar) to Ring Ka King.

Shame it won't be the same without Scott Steiner running through the crowd, chasing people around. :sigh:

TNA Plays The Hits

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Muddy Burphy posted:

I only watched about 10 minutes of Impact, but in that timeframe I heard Mathews refer to Cody as "Cody Rhodes." Could WWE not sue them for that?

Legal distinction. He cannot be billed as, merch, advertising etc. under the name Cody Rhodes as that's copyright. They can mention it, as long as mention isn't done in a way as to gain a profit from the name. Generally found to need to be direct profit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

They want to do something similar with ITV in the UK as well. The company that has never been able to make one promotion work will now be in control of three.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My kokoro wish is that TNA tries to copyright Skarsgård the Dilapidated Boat considering it's named after the Swedish Hollywood actor. :v:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wazzu posted:

Legal distinction. He cannot be billed as, merch, advertising etc. under the name Cody Rhodes as that's copyright. They can mention it, as long as mention isn't done in a way as to gain a profit from the name. Generally found to need to be direct profit.

So you can say "Cody Runnels, who used to be known as Cody Rhodes" and that's cool?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CobiWann posted:

So you can say "Cody Runnels, who used to be known as Cody Rhodes" and that's cool?

Your advertising cannot. Your commentators can.

Many Indy posters breach this when they say stuff like "WWE's Mr. Kennedy! Mr. Anderson"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Wazzu posted:

Many Indy posters breach this when they say stuff like "WWE's Mr. Kennedy! Mr. Anderson"

Yeah I saw one flier that advertised WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi. Don't think you can use the WWE brand to advertise your show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Remember when Hulk Hogan gave Abyss his WWE Hall of Fame ring?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah I saw one flier that advertised WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi. Don't think you can use the WWE brand to advertise your show.

You can't, legally, but it's not worth the WWE lawyers' time to do anything more than send out a form cease and desist letter to some of the many indies that do it.

Rhonne posted:

And then later Abyss cut a promo where he basically said "I don't need this ring any more because I am strong without it". Before a match where the winner would get the ring.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 14, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had Jarrett literally gently caress the owl in the center of the ring just so they can claim copywrite on the phrase

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/841711562515722240

In a day Matt and Reby Hardy have made more of a profit than TNA has made in years

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhonne posted:

The best thing though is that story line with Abyss is one of Hogan's mainstay story lines. It's always about Hogan taking a wrestler under his wing and showing him the "true" power of Hulkamania. He did it in TNA with Abyss, in WCW with Kevin Sullivan's "brother" Evad (That's Dave backwards, because Dave was supposed to be simple minded) Sullivan, and TWICE in the WWF, once with Hillbilly Jim, and the other time with Tugboat.

Also notice how each of these wrestlers were all at least six-five, and at least 275 lbs.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

In their attempt to screw over the Hardys, TNA gifted them the easiest 7 grand they've ever made, and when the second batch sells out, that'll be 21k.

Good job, TNA.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CobiWann posted:

Alternatively, "Sedohr Ydoc, which is Cody Rhodes spelled backwards".

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

In a day Matt and Reby Hardy have made more of a profit than TNA has made in years

Wait, somebody made money off of TNA? Is that allowed?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

grack posted:

Wait, somebody made money off of TNA? Is that allowed?

It is when they don't actually work for them anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

TNA made profit in years? Or ever?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

My favorite I ever saw was a flier that read "Featuring Rena Mero, the actress who portrayed the character Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw."

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite I ever saw was a flier that read "Featuring Rena Mero, the actress who portrayed the character Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw."

That sounds like it was written by one of those wrestling-wiki editors. Did the flyer also say that the other people on card were portraying good and bad guys in pre-determined move sequences?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

lol that sounds amazing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Germansimp posted:

That sounds like it was written by one of those wrestling-wiki editors. Did the flyer also say that the other people on card were portraying good and bad guys in pre-determined move sequences?

It's all factual information! Rena Mero is an actress who will be at our show. She portrayed the character of Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA made profit in years? Or ever?

Greater than zero immediately qualifies as more.

I am interested in seeing the type of person who buys a shirt that will guarantee saying, "Well there's this failing wrestling company..." every single time you wear it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Germansimp posted:

drat it, I have an overwhelming urge to now punch a wiki-editors from reading that sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also whats the legal situation a la Warrior and Andrew "test" Martin, Ryback et al?

Couldn't Matt just change his name to "Matt Broken Hardy", and TNA couldn't touch him? And probably be able to counter-sue due to TNA's harassment of cable companies using the argument they are blocking his workplace and denying him income.

• Locked thread