Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't want to spoil too much but uh... hah. forget it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I want my Woolly Yoshi to give me a Woolly Yoshi mount. And possibly my Waluigi to give me a Waluigi mount.

Poochy mount

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Nintendo is serious business for jivjov.

I smiled at the pun.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's 404'd now and it doesn't necessarily confirm anything for NA but Nintendo UK had up a page for the new Boxboy game that implies they're not getting the amiibo or the retail collection.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drat, are they going to reprint that Toon Link/Zelda?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
After finding out all this secret* amiibo use in BOTW I really wonder if Mario Odyssey if going to go all in the same way. As in each particular character (or different versions of the same character) does something different.

*Secret as in the best stuff you can potentially get from both the 30th anniversary and the Smash line wasn't even advertised whenever they would talk about amiibo usage for the game. Like they knew if they said something like "You can only get this past Link outfit or this weapon from a past game by using this particular amiibo" that some people would freak out in a bad way over it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EDIT:

Aurora posted:

drat, are they going to reprint that Toon Link/Zelda?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Viewtiful Jew posted:

After finding out all this secret* amiibo use in BOTW I really wonder if Mario Odyssey if going to go all in the same way. As in each particular character (or different versions of the same character) does something different.

*Secret as in the best stuff you can potentially get from both the 30th anniversary and the Smash line wasn't even advertised whenever they would talk about amiibo usage for the game. Like they knew if they said something like "You can only get this past Link outfit or this weapon from a past game by using this particular amiibo" that some people would freak out in a bad way over it.

Speaking of, someone on Reddit created this awesome guide for all of the different effects the amiibos have. Spoilers, obviously.

Apparently, and this might be unverified, but there's code in the game for Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask amiibos, which probably explains those last costumes.

Honestly, I'm glad the amiibos finally have a decent use outside of MK8 and Smash.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like how the BotW amiibos give relatively rubbish stuff you can find elsewhere lol. Dunno what else they'd do though since everything else is themed by game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like how the BotW amiibos give relatively rubbish stuff you can find elsewhere lol. Dunno what else they'd do though since everything else is themed by game

The rarer drops from the BotW ones are nice. And you get a BUNCH of materials from each

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

Apparently, and this might be unverified, but there's code in the game for Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask amiibos, which probably explains those last costumes.

no deku/majora mask no care. i would still get the toys of course

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rapidly dropping the entire smash line onto the same spot (non Zelda stuff so no chest) gives you a ton of cooking supplies for buffs. It's nice to not have to go hunt mushrooms and meat which is the boring grindy part. Plopping down 20+ amiibo pile of stuff is hilarious looking too.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Well I saw what the Wolf Link amiibo does in BoTW and immediately wanted one, went on Amazon to see it's $35 bucks for some reason?? Thankfully I work at a Toys R Us and we'd had a couple in stock for a WHILE so I went into work early and grabbed one yesterday, and it's a good thing I did because later in the day some old lady came in and just snatched up the rest of our stock. Whether she was getting them for birthday gifts or just scalping them I dunno but jesus, I guess I lucked out there.

And meanwhile, I have yet to see a Poochy amiibo anywhere. :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't know where you live but I found them at Best Buy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there any reason to register amiibo to the switch?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oh no, I summoned Epona once but didn't register her at a stable. Fuuuuuuuuuck

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Start over. It's the only option.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there any reason to register amiibo to the switch?

Transfer your mii to another console. Some games might also require the amiibo to be registered so it could speed this up. I know smash brothers required it to be registered but I think that was to create the save data and name the amiibo. Which is rather annoying, if the amiibo is blank it should have just popped up the registration screen.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's 404'd now and it doesn't necessarily confirm anything for NA but Nintendo UK had up a page for the new Boxboy game that implies they're not getting the amiibo or the retail collection.

Looks like the new one will be an eshop exclusive in NA so off to Amazon Japan I go for Qbby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Imagine they probably did this after how disastrous the retail version of Chibi Robo. Still see a ton of those amiibo two packs at work.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/840189357726289921

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I hope this is a Stealth Tingle amiibo Announcement. I'll buy 4 and make the whole family.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

david jr is not a member of the family

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

oddium posted:

david jr is not a member of the family

Please respect my headcanon headGanon.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Yeah, get lost Anonuma, Tingle is trying to admire his hoard.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
calling out all the people i sent amiibos to in the Bad Old Days to help me get OoT link for non exorbitant prices

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
How the Hell is OoT link only available for $85 on Amazon

Its the two pack of Toons that impossible to find here. But OoT link is kinda findable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RMZXAnarchy posted:

How the Hell is OoT link only available for $85 on Amazon

Its the two pack of Toons that impossible to find here. But OoT link is kinda findable.

People are dumb.

Also, why are people cheating with the amiibo in botw? Makes no sense. Just scan every day and at some point you'll get what you want. In 1 week I have 1/2 the unique items so it can't take too long to get everything.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Waltzing Along posted:

People are dumb.

Also, why are people cheating with the amiibo in botw? Makes no sense. Just scan every day and at some point you'll get what you want. In 1 week I have 1/2 the unique items so it can't take too long to get everything.

there are people who've done over 50 scans with a single amiibo and still not gotten the thing they wanted to get from it. i haven't bothered messing with the clock to do stuff like that, seems like too much of a hassle, but if the odds can be that bad then they really should have been set up differently.

i'm kind of surprised it's not something more like, first time you scan you get the unique cosmetic stuff or weapon, second time onward you just get a random thing

one of my friends has OOT Link so i've got to just hope i get lucky when i scan it when we hang out at their place occasionally to get the three outfit pieces, over the course of like, the next two years

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I really hope they make a Kass amiibo at some point.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Macintosh HD posted:

I really hope they make a Kass amiibo at some point.

I want this, but there better be a speaker on it that plays his music.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I want amiibo of the other four champions, but a Kass amiibo that unlocks a sound test would be fine too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
For years the only amiibo I caved on was the Yarn Yoshi, because it was cute and yarn and not plastic.

BOTW finally broke me. Now I want all the Zelda amiibos. :negative: I have OOT link, 8-bit link, rider link and wind waker link is coming in the mail. I love my stupid nintendo dolls.

Waltzing Along posted:

People are dumb.

RNG is a motherfucker. I'm not going to scan 50 days worth of amiibo rewards using date skipping, but I will totally admit that I used save-scumming to put together the OOT link set quickly. And based on how many times it took me to get the cap, it would be months before I actually got it if I just scanned it once per day and accepted what it gave me.

Sorry but I actually want to wear that set while I'm playing the game. Now that I have that set I really wanted though I'm just scanning them once per day and taking whatever I get from each.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I want an amiibo of Prince Sidon he owns

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bizarre deformity posted:

instead of like 20 Link amiibos they should have done the four champions from BotW and the four NPCs that help you out like Prince Sidon.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Make this dude an amiibo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bizarre deformity posted:

Kelp Plankton posted:

instead of like 20 Link amiibos they should have done the four champions from BotW and the four NPCs that help you out like Prince Sidon.

Seriously who the hell wants a moblin amiibo when you could have a Sidon amiibo?! :psyduck:

I mean the moblins are cute okay but seriously.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Make this dude an amiibo

I know its not, but this almost feels like a reference to Dunkey. Hahaha.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The switch has made me get on the Amiibo train, what have I done~

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So I was playing through Twilight Princess HD in an attempt to get a beefy wolf-link to take into BOTW with me...

the last 15 floors of the cave of shadows are complete and utter bullshit, is there any way to save your heart-container total earlier than that so I don't have to grind my face against that stupid stupid poorly designed wall, or am I forever stuck with this 10 heart container wolf now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kurieg posted:

So I was playing through Twilight Princess HD in an attempt to get a beefy wolf-link to take into BOTW with me...

the last 15 floors of the cave of shadows are complete and utter bullshit, is there any way to save your heart-container total earlier than that so I don't have to grind my face against that stupid stupid poorly designed wall, or am I forever stuck with this 10 heart container wolf now?

I think you can save at the 2nd save point.

I never did the last 3rd of the cave and my wolf has 13 hearts which is far more than enough.