Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grandmother of Five posted:

I'm not trying to do some big own. It is just sort of absurd & funny, I think.

I don't doubt there is a bunch of weird & interesting SC content, but all SA mock stuff has the occasional weird over-reaction or misguided attempt to dig up dirt, and that's weird & interesting in itself, I think. Like, iirc, some dude did owns on the Thanksgiving dinner table spread that was posted on some SC twitter, I think. That is a good example of the people mocking something being weird themselves in a funny way that you can laugh at.

Like, no matter how much or little you care about SC and their business model, you should be able to laugh at something as absurd as doing owns on a Thanksgiving dinner table, I feel. It isn't picking sides, it is simply laughing at something that is stupid.

See this is a good post.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
expect to see amazon partnerships everywhere this year, like the AMD days of old

btw according to rumors amazon is going to take a loss of $700m over 3 years in their games division in order to make it a viable product going forward

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

Both Chris and I both hope we never run into each other in person. He'll be on his back bleeding and whining, but unable to flail the hands I stomped into meat bags and I, well, I will be in jail. And I am not a violent man.

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
That large man licks his lips slowly every time he looks at me
Prison food

Pros:
I would be the man that slaughtered Star Citizen

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you wouldnt do poo poo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Will I get the space bus free if I have Prime?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
death to my memenies

Cargo Hauler x19 HULL-E Variant
Per Veritum Privatum Est
Star Citizen 104602
#IStandWithSandi

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So Freelancer 2.0 is now go?

I love it when history repeats itself.

I mean, if true of course :)

Stock price: AMZN (NASDAQ) US$852.53 -2.06 (-0.24%) 'correct as of march 15 2017'

Has anyone asked Alexa about this?

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 15, 2017

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
I have trouble seeing how Amazon could see this terrible project as a good investment. The massive engineering debt, the community that is openly hostile to the publisher model, the toxic brand. I just can't grok it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I have trouble seeing how Amazon could see this terrible project as a good investment. The massive engineering debt, the community that is openly hostile to the publisher model, the toxic brand. I just can't grok it.

What do you mean hostile to the publisher model? If that leak is true then they have always loved publishers.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

-:laffo:

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
You see, Amazon aren't publishers, they're just really enthusiastic backers with a lot of confidence in Chris Roberts! They don't publish vidyagaems, they sell books. That's clearly why you're hating on this, because you hate books you illiterate Goons!

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics that'll emerge when this whole project boils down to a DLC-ridden mobile game in a year or two.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Who remembers back in the day when game developers didn't call them "Monthly Status Reports" and just went with good ol' patch notes to show progress. Ahh, if only CIG had coders to actually create a game.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

TheAgent posted:

so amazon is 100% their publisher now

welcome to the jungle, motherfuckers

Okay, honestly I'm skeptical here. The idea that Crobberts has foisted a dumpster fire of dreams and half baked development off on a developer not once, but twice stretches the imagination. Even more that a company could look at Star Citizen's status and say "Yes, this is totally a project I want to throw money into".

Of course, this is Star Citizen where the insane is somehow commonplace.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

Number one: There was no murder.

Number two: You must not be from around here. Arf's been doing this same schtick for way too long.

you're an idiot. shut the gently caress up

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
The amazon thing is obviously false as it mentioned getting rid od dead weight but not kicking Croberts to the curb.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Exinos posted:

The amazon thing is obviously false as it mentioned getting rid od dead weight but not kicking Croberts to the curb.

"Special consultant".

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
It's perfect for Crobberts. Between him and his wife, they've made off with millions, while pawning off any further responsibility for the project.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The idea of Jeff Bezos, billionaire, potentially getting annoyed by Star Citizen is entertaining to me.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

so amazon is 100% their publisher now

welcome to the jungle, motherfuckers

Ha, this would be great. When the game comes out, and it meets 1/100th of the promises. We can blame Amazon for ruining Chris's vision.

And in 2030, a new kickstarter called Star Commander by the groundbreaking Star Citizen visionary finishes the loop

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 15, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Soon enough:

quote:

STAR CITIZEN

Developer(s) Cloud Imperium Games
Publisher(s) Amazon Game Studios
Producer(s) Mike Frazzini
Designer(s) Kim Swift
Programmer(s) Paul Isaac, Ed Maurer, Tony Bratton
Artist(s) Bruce Lemons
Writer(s) Adam Foshko, Jörg Neumann
Composer(s) James Hannigan, Andrew Sega
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
Release March 4, 2020
Genre(s) Space trading and combat simulator MMO

and a billion pages later

quote:

Consultant(s) Chris Roberts.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope. What do you have me at now?

I lied to you, I don't have a spreadsheet. Also I forget, $5k maybe, wouldn't it be easier for you just to check or do you not log into your RSI account at all?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trucutru posted:

Soon enough:

and a billion pages later

bruce lemons is a visionary

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe it either. Even the most incompetent publisher would ask for a realistic scope and timelines. CR is deathly allergic to both.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
One would think that if Amazon wanted to throw that much money into it they'd do a custom engine. I don't know how they're gonna get this thing built in a cryengine derivative.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Well whoever's in charge of Amazon's games division already made the excellent decision to buy Cryengine for 50-70 million so if that person is still in control I could see them being silly enough to burn another hundred million or so cleaning up Roberts' mess to release a game that's already been sold.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

MR. ROBERTS DOESN'T NEED A PUBLISHER HE COULD BUY AMAZONIA STOP FUDING

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Amazon bets big on gaming with high-profile hires

quote:

GamesBeat: It seems like it helps to have names like John Smedley or Chris Roberts recruiting. Or Leslie Benzies, that was a good one.

Frazzini: I just love what they’re doing. I’m so excited. It’s a good fit. And a similar story. They want to do this ambitious game and our technology is very well-suited for it.

GamesBeat: Are you seeding these people with funding?

Frazzini: We don’t talk about that. But I would say—they’re customers because they like the product and they like where we’re going.

6 months, 23 days until Citizen Con 2017.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

BigglesSWE posted:

He must know how sad he is, right?

Almost as sad as stalking the social media account of a CIG employee to post random tweets from their life that have nothing to do with CIG whatsoever

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ihazcandy/status/841912196099674112

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Lol if it's true there's no justice in the world. LEt's all figure out a way to fleece nerds who don't have a clue.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

Star Citizen is a space trading and combat simulation video game developed by Cloud Imperium Games and published by Amazon Game Studios. It is a spiritual sequel to Wing Commander, a combat flight simulator released in 1990. The game was initially announced by Chris Roberts in 2013, and following many production schedule mishaps and a buyout of CIG by Amazon, it was eventually released in March 2023.

In the game, players take on the roles of spacecraft pilots. These characters fly single-seater ships, exploring the planets and space stations of 7 known star systems. They also engage in dogfights with other pilots (player- and computer-controlled) to protect traders or engage in piracy themselves. Other player activities include bounty-hunting and commodity trading. The single-player mode puts the player in the role of Johnny Bland, who goes through a series of missions to save the Sirius sector from a mysterious alien force. In multiplayer mode, players are free to take on any role and to explore anywhere from the start.

Originally, Roberts promised features such as automated flight maneuvers, dynamic economies, and a multiplayer mode that could host thousands of players, but diminished versions of these features were implemented in the final release. The game's initial technical demos impressed reviewers, but after the Amazon buyout and Roberts' departure from CIG, critics had doubts about the game. Reviewers judged the final product technically good but failing to fulfill their initial expectations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lol shimdenzia or whatever their name and this person should meet, at Starbucks. Over the most awkward coffee date/argument ever.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LZ7Imd6vLk

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Terebus posted:

Lol if it's true there's no justice in the world. LEt's all figure out a way to fleece nerds who don't have a clue.

There is no justice in this world, only outcomes.

If the Amazon thing is legit I hope they allow the citizen cons to continue. Citcon 2018 hype.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
During Freelook, ship should not roll left / right when looking around.
I would like to cancel my pervious report, I was unawear that the pictures of the Freelancer Max on the Roberts Industries site have not been updated. I was under the imperssion that Ithe version that I recieved was outdated a mistake on my part. thankyou and I hope that I have not wasted your time.
Your ship should NOT move into the opposite direction.
The reticle should move smoothly
The camera should not stuck in place.
Beeing able to stand up again
i expected to fly my ship
Star Citizen is a complex game, and because it's not just a one trick pony, you have to use different types of controllers for flight, fps, even to free-look. There should be seamless switching between these devices.
Spawning in my seat,
Just for the game to start
Players walk on their feet,
The things should work :)
do not fall. exit ship correctly
You know what you doing. - Take off every 'ZIG'!! For great justice.
I should have gotten the Freelancer Max, the one I got does not match the version that I paid for just want the correct version.
You should be able to click the "exit" button in the Arena Commander menu, to exit back to the main menu. Instead, often I have to force quit the game.
Pilot sitting in seat
I would expect some way of equipping missiles to this ship.
Camera view should be moving accordingly with mouse and avatar head.
If right clicking does nothing in the menu, it shouldn't make a sound
Both times I should have remained alive.
They need to fix the clipping issue as this store I can't stop clipping into the shelf.
The player should go around the windscreen
Sound bug caused the vanduul sythe in the vanduul swarm mode in arena commander. Getting to close will cause sound glitch.
I expect that letting go of afterburners stops it as it has in the past.
Audio cues and voice warnings should sound on time and be single words, i.e. "Locked" for locked missiles, "Starboard", "Port", etc for impact warnings, "Overheating" for overheating weapons, and so on. Otherwise, these notifications are useless and break immersion.
If I get an Disconnection error I would like to get back to the main menu
30 to 40 fps at 1920x1080 in game as well as in windows
Ship spawning properly
to play
I should've been able to look after waking up in port olisar
That my crash report is successfully submitted
Thats a few Bugs that happend... i only want to help but my english is not so perfect that i can write down the bugs with so many details
Normal mouse speed
Be able to clearly see large planets that are in close proximity, or that should appear large.
To turn like normal.
To leave my ship like normal, I was in a Aurora MR.
Players character body floats in front of the 1st person view abstracting the view point.
To see doors and be able to use consoles?
I should have been able to control my own ships ladder to climb in or retract it.
Respawn should not drop framerates for everyone within the match.
Not to crash.
Non floating Oxygen Barrels
no recoil without shooting
grenade should throw
Stay outside of the crate
weapons firing
like to play the game
guns to fire on ship
I had hoped to land, refuel, and fly away.
Falling into the gap between walkway and wall, breaking my femur and bleeding to death slowly while trapped there.
needs to be optimized real bad optimization should be your first priority in this game 5 yrs no optimization cmon man and my pc spec meets well above what you all mention right now at this point I'm very disappointed in this game
If I made a jerk when jumping into space, the ship will barely noticeably move.
M7A should without question be able to engage at the distances published with the DPS values published. It is unreasonable to think that a size 5 laser canon has no more effective range than a current day M4 Carbine.
Range and Damage Needs to reflect published values of 5360 meters and 540 DPS per weapon in 10 seconds.
2nd person shouldn't be there at all!
movement of both weapons should be syncronzed
should work as usuall...
When I spend hours getting the controls just right for me personally I expect they would stay that way everytime i log on it didnt mess up in 2.6.0 so its something to do with this patch . Thanks for everything guys cant wait to see what yall bring next

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

AP posted:

Amazon bets big on gaming with high-profile hires

GamesBeat: It seems like it helps to have names like John Smedley or Chris Roberts recruiting. Or Leslie Benzies, that was a good one.

Frazzini: I just love what they’re doing. I’m so excited. It’s a good fit. And a similar story. They want to do this ambitious game and our technology is very well-suited for it.

GamesBeat: Are you seeding these people with funding?

Frazzini: We don’t talk about that. But I would say—they’re customers because they like the product and they like where we’re going.

6 months, 23 days until Citizen Con 2017.

PLEASE help me/us get Star Citizen into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now. I need The Benz!

- Chris Roberts

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT
During Freelook, ship should not roll left / right when looking around.
I would like to cancel my pervious report, I was unawear that the pictures of the Freelancer Max on the Roberts Industries site have not been updated. I was under the imperssion that Ithe version that I recieved was outdated a mistake on my part. thankyou and I hope that I have not wasted your time.
Your ship should NOT move into the opposite direction.
The reticle should move smoothly
The camera should not stuck in place.
Beeing able to stand up again
i expected to fly my ship
Star Citizen is a complex game, and because it's not just a one trick pony, you have to use different types of controllers for flight, fps, even to free-look. There should be seamless switching between these devices.
Spawning in my seat,
Just for the game to start
Players walk on their feet,
The things should work :)
do not fall. exit ship correctly
You know what you doing. - Take off every 'ZIG'!! For great justice.
I should have gotten the Freelancer Max, the one I got does not match the version that I paid for just want the correct version.
You should be able to click the "exit" button in the Arena Commander menu, to exit back to the main menu. Instead, often I have to force quit the game.
Pilot sitting in seat
I would expect some way of equipping missiles to this ship.
Camera view should be moving accordingly with mouse and avatar head.
If right clicking does nothing in the menu, it shouldn't make a sound
Both times I should have remained alive.
They need to fix the clipping issue as this store I can't stop clipping into the shelf.
The player should go around the windscreen
Sound bug caused the vanduul sythe in the vanduul swarm mode in arena commander. Getting to close will cause sound glitch.
I expect that letting go of afterburners stops it as it has in the past.
Audio cues and voice warnings should sound on time and be single words, i.e. "Locked" for locked missiles, "Starboard", "Port", etc for impact warnings, "Overheating" for overheating weapons, and so on. Otherwise, these notifications are useless and break immersion.
If I get an Disconnection error I would like to get back to the main menu
30 to 40 fps at 1920x1080 in game as well as in windows
Ship spawning properly
to play
I should've been able to look after waking up in port olisar
That my crash report is successfully submitted
Thats a few Bugs that happend... i only want to help but my english is not so perfect that i can write down the bugs with so many details
Normal mouse speed
Be able to clearly see large planets that are in close proximity, or that should appear large.
To turn like normal.
To leave my ship like normal, I was in a Aurora MR.
Players character body floats in front of the 1st person view abstracting the view point.
To see doors and be able to use consoles?
I should have been able to control my own ships ladder to climb in or retract it.
Respawn should not drop framerates for everyone within the match.
Not to crash.
Non floating Oxygen Barrels
no recoil without shooting
grenade should throw
Stay outside of the crate
weapons firing
like to play the game
guns to fire on ship
I had hoped to land, refuel, and fly away.
Falling into the gap between walkway and wall, breaking my femur and bleeding to death slowly while trapped there.
needs to be optimized real bad optimization should be your first priority in this game 5 yrs no optimization cmon man and my pc spec meets well above what you all mention right now at this point I'm very disappointed in this game
If I made a jerk when jumping into space, the ship will barely noticeably move.
M7A should without question be able to engage at the distances published with the DPS values published. It is unreasonable to think that a size 5 laser canon has no more effective range than a current day M4 Carbine.
Range and Damage Needs to reflect published values of 5360 meters and 540 DPS per weapon in 10 seconds.
2nd person shouldn't be there at all!
movement of both weapons should be syncronzed
should work as usuall...
When I spend hours getting the controls just right for me personally I expect they would stay that way everytime i log on it didnt mess up in 2.6.0 so its something to do with this patch . Thanks for everything guys cant wait to see what yall bring next

All great, professional, helpful feedback!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

BEN COULD EAT THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM OF BROZILIO STOP FUDING

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

walruscat posted:

This catte is so chill, you'd think he requested the haircut.

In my experience, if you're just gentle about it, and the catte has had opportunity to experience the before and after, they can be outright appreciative of a haircut. They display some scepticism of the sound and of the inevitable hair-pulling that will happen, but know that it gets those annoying knots out of the fur and makes it so much easier to apex predator it up without getting stuck everywhere.

I mean, they're still going to murder you afterwards, but that's not punishment for the haircut, but rather the inevitable outcome of making your apex predator apexier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

TheAgent posted:

I mean, IN MY OPINION

Stop. I can only hate-crank it to so much. It's nothing but dried out powder now.