Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gunsmith traditionally can get past godfather protection since it doesn't give you an alignment. We already had a cop flip, so that just further paints MMT as town instead of some SK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

Gunsmith traditionally can get past godfather protection since it doesn't give you an alignment. We already had a cop flip, so that just further paints MMT as town instead of some SK.

gently caress, I forgot about Fisk. I thought there was still a cop about.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was given Gunsmith a long, long time ago. I don't imagine Ecco would mess with it too much. It pretty much tells you "this person can perform a night kill" and is often used with a town vig to muddy the waters a little.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I was given Gunsmith a long, long time ago. I don't imagine Ecco would mess with it too much. It pretty much tells you "this person can perform a night kill" and is often used with a town vig to muddy the waters a little.

It explicitly mentions in flavor that some town would have licenses and some scum would not.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, I'm sold on Keane as town now--likewise MMT.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quid

At this point I just don't buy that Quid is town, for a couple of reasons. The obvious one is that he hasn't made any attempts to play the game, and I feel like we're far enough into the game where town Quid would find it fun to pick out some scummy people and case them. To me, the most obvious reason that he'd be playing the "I'm too busy to Mafia" card (despite posting plenty in other threads) is that he's scum who decided to use lurking as a strategy.

Also, to my recollection chores was the player pushing hardest for Quid. I can't help but think that chores died because scum knew that he was going to be pushing hard for Quid to go today.

If it turns out he's town and just decided "gently caress my teammates", I'm going to be mafia mad at him over this. That said, I see no reason to think he isn't scum.

I think these are some pretty good points. Unlike you I'm still iffy on Stick, but for now...

##unvote
##vote Quid

Gonna take a look at PMom.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why weren't you sold on MMT before?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think I like Grandi for scum. He's obviously had trouble engaging (not even on the terms he'd set for himself), and his response when pointed out was weird, like he was trying to diffuse the suspicion.

Grandicap posted:

This is a good post, and how I'd case myself in this instance.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm leaning scum on PMom too - I kind of feel like he knew that Tobbs/Max were both town and figured he could just shut up and let me tunnel hard on them.

PMom - any hot takes for d3?

I thought that Max scum/tobbs town was a lot more likely than Tobbs scum/max town. I found (find) Max's all-in defense of Tobbs not to be a good look. I thought you might agree and that we might be able to dunk Max instead.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ecco just had a gunsmith in that batman game? It worked p. standard, but not all the bad guys had guns and a lot of the good guys did. I buy that the investigations wouldn't fall neatly along t/s lines.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think I'd feel good about a stickup dunk. Like, I see the chaoslord defense, and BK's point about Rarity falsely offering herself up rings true, but I don't really see it in the posting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And Quid, PMom?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Why weren't you sold on MMT before?

I *was* sold on MMT pretty much since they claimed. Sorry for being unclear about that. It's not related to Keane's claim.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

I *was* sold on MMT pretty much since they claimed. Sorry for being unclear about that. It's not related to Keane's claim.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with my emphasis today.

I've had MMT as a lock for town since their claim, Keane I was sort of uncertain of due to the lack of corroboration on the jailer, but everything he's posted since his claim has made sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think I like Grandi for scum. He's obviously had trouble engaging (not even on the terms he'd set for himself), and his response when pointed out was weird, like he was trying to diffuse the suspicion.

I actually don't think he's scum anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I thought that Max scum/tobbs town was a lot more likely than Tobbs scum/max town. I found (find) Max's all-in defense of Tobbs not to be a good look. I thought you might agree and that we might be able to dunk Max instead.

Do you not agree with any of my casing based off of CL's flip?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The only way I think Keane is scum is if he is lying entirely about the jailed thing. I think the jailer is scum so the entire thing would have to be a fabrication for Keane to be scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

The only way I think Keane is scum is if he is lying entirely about the jailed thing. I think the jailer is scum so the entire thing would have to be a fabrication for Keane to be scum.

Yeah the issue is that only Keane has interacted with the supposed Jailer so we have no proof that they exist just yet.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Yeah the issue is that only Keane has interacted with the supposed Jailer so we have no proof that they exist just yet.

Seems dumb to claim that d1 though, and as the only claimed powerrole at the time, it makes him a target that makes sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes and no. It gives him an out to go "oh no, guess my action didn't work." Especially when MMT straight up claimed a vig role but they left her alone.

That said, I'm not sold on lunching him today anyway.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Yes and no. It gives him an out to go "oh no, guess my action didn't work." Especially when MMT straight up claimed a vig role but they left her alone.

That said, I'm not sold on lunching him today anyway.

I get how it could be done, but I don't think it is a d1 strat that is likely to occur. Even with internet darling CCKeane.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

And Quid, PMom?

Don't have a whole lot to say about him. He's not playing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Do you not agree with any of my casing based off of CL's flip?

Yeah, I'm not sure. Like, if the case on stickup is largely based on Clord's posting and not on stickup's own, that feels like more of a setup.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure. Like, if the case on stickup is largely based on Clord's posting and not on stickup's own, that feels like more of a setup.

So you are saying that we shouldn't look at flipped scum for their interactions with other players because it is a setup? That can't be what you are saying.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmm, ignore how scum interacted with another player in the game. Yes, this is a good opinion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

And stickup was not the only person I mentioned in that whole storm of posts related to Clord. It's interesting that's the only one you mention.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, I would vote PMom.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

I want to also point at Stick today as a solid lunch option as well. He was far more active Day 2 but now with CL's flip and signs point at stick, he clammed up, aside from offering fairly token defenses for himself and has offered no counter arguments. That reads like caught scum to me that doesn't want to implicate anyone else.

kill me today. on the next game day, I want you and anyone that agrees with this to add the sentence "I will not assume people are scum because they replaced in, replaced out, or stopped posting for a period of time" to the bottom of every post

I won't have time to go back through the thread until tonight, but here are some Quick Sticky Feels based on this day:
  • pointing out the obvious: why are we so sure mmt is town instead of an sk? (did I miss this somewhere?)
  • pointing out the hypocrisy: clord defended me. clord was scum. I am town. max defended tobbs. tobbs was town. max is ???
  • hats is flipping and flopping all over the place with his reads, and for someone that incorrectly called me out for going with the flow on tobbs, he sure is going with the flow on everyone else
  • I don't see what's changed in grandi's posting that would change anyone's opinion
  • quid's activity dropped off pretty hard towards the latter half of ff4 (he was town) so I'm not sure him not playing is really indicative of his alignment here

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
deadline tonight is floating!

:c: Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Quidthulhu (2): MMT, Hats

stickup (0): Hats, -Hats

:h: 9 alive 5 to execute.
:d: Deadline is tonight at 11PM EDT (probably maybe half an hour more or so)

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 15, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

kill me today. on the next game day, I want you and anyone that agrees with this to add the sentence "I will not assume people are scum because they replaced in, replaced out, or stopped posting for a period of time" to the bottom of every post

I won't have time to go back through the thread until tonight, but here are some Quick Sticky Feels based on this day:
  • pointing out the obvious: why are we so sure mmt is town instead of an sk? (did I miss this somewhere?)
  • pointing out the hypocrisy: clord defended me. clord was scum. I am town. max defended tobbs. tobbs was town. max is ???
  • hats is flipping and flopping all over the place with his reads, and for someone that incorrectly called me out for going with the flow on tobbs, he sure is going with the flow on everyone else
  • I don't see what's changed in grandi's posting that would change anyone's opinion
  • quid's activity dropped off pretty hard towards the latter half of ff4 (he was town) so I'm not sure him not playing is really indicative of his alignment here

You are not reading my argument if you think it's based on you replacing in.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also if MMT is an SK, I don't really care. That's bad for scum at the moment and I see no reason to get rid of her. But I don't think she is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

As for your hypocritical statement, the big difference is that, well, Tobbs was town and I thought that was fairly obvious. Clord was scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

If you were on CLord's scum team I think he would have had a different reaction to what I just said there. Instead it looks like I just named two town that he doesn't give a poo poo about. So in fact you may actually be town.

This was my reasoning for why I thought Grandi was likely not scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

that would mean he is scum anyway. we might as well just kill him now

Also, how has your opinion changed on Quid.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, Stick, make an argument or scumhunt or something. Players just going "Aw shucks, y'all are dumb" is pretty passive when you have ways of actually doing something here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This has really been the most frustratingly passive / non-engaged game I've participated in for a long while.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Personally, doing the math, I'm not sure we can actually let Quid live past today. If he's town he has the chance to totally gently caress us in actual lylo. We're still probably already there, but I don't want that question hanging over our heads going towards endgame.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

This was my reasoning for why I thought Grandi was likely not scum.

I really don't like this reasoning for clearing me and stickup. It was such a throwaway statement. It made you hop off of my rear end so I didn't object at the time. But it seems super thin as a reason to clear the person you were going after the hardest.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

I really don't like this reasoning for clearing me and stickup. It was such a throwaway statement. It made you hop off of my rear end so I didn't object at the time. But it seems super thin as a reason to clear the person you were going after the hardest.

. . . I'm not clearing stickup?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you people really not think about how scum might interact with each other when you read their posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And why didn't you say anything about it when I brought it up the first time.

• Locked thread