Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

She was doing gymnastics in Lycra as part of the character (and AJJ was a gymnast growing up, so it worked). But by this time they seemed to like putting her in sleeveless tops with short shorts.

Yeah, but watching this marathon, my impression is that these were more the exceptions than the rule until at or around the point we're at in the marathon (midway through S2), when Trini was gone and her replacement was a black girl (whom, even in the 90s, wouldn't have been the Hot Girl archetype).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MisterBibs posted:

Now, someone would leak that half of a low-budget but super-popular show want to be paid more for their roles and were thinking about leaving, and that would cause a lot of people to complain.
Or they would just do a blanket contract renegotiation like the guys from the BBT do. Sure Sheldon and Hot Girl get more than everyone, but Jewish Guy and Indian Dude get a slight bump as well and everyone's happy.

I'd have to imagine that the danger in renegotiating was in opening the door for a kickback from all the toys and whatnot.

quote:

Sure, we joke about her in girl scout uniforms and stuff, but so far she hasn't been clad in things that are particularly form-fitting or anything. poo poo, Trini would wear stuff that showed her belly off more.
It's safer to sexualize the exotic asian girl than the clean cut whitebread girl.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Ah, finally, The Power Transfer!

...part 1 :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Power Transfer begins now!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
loving finally

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I remember when my dog went "ride bikes in the park"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Holy hell that Fake Jason voice

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TOMMY IS WEARING GREEN :laffo:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So these three applied to go to Switzerland and didn't even tell anyone? Because Billy had no idea this was even happening on Halloween.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Didn't they just use Tor just an episode ago?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pinwiz11 posted:

Didn't they just use Tor just an episode ago?

Yeah :v:
I'm guessing it fell through the cracks while they were scrambling to do the character swap.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really hope Hogday Afternoon part 2 airs when I'm around to see it. I just watched it with my kid and the chat is going to lose their poo poo.

My 3 year old is pretty traumatized. I should have waited til we would have time to watch the first couple episode of Zeo so he'd know they would be alright.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my god I had a toy of that big dragon thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe they keep giving fake jason lines!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

If they tried really hard, they probably could have found a voice actor who sounds less like Austin St. John.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Alpha you gotta stop kidnapping the new Power Rangers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So the threats in this episode are...

1) Vape Nation

2) The most OP ban-this-sick-filth plot device in the entire ranger universe.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh man a dragon-off

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The giant dragon thing is :krad: as gently caress

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Windows10 is loving me over on the worst of times :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

Counterpoint: thing has a battery worse than early smartphones, and Tor just no-selled an attempt by it to crush it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Doc Morbid posted:

Serpentera is probably the coolest thing that ever came out of Toei's prop department. And it's only flaw is it's total lack of any versatility at all!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Oh Jesus Christ I forgot that "Zedd attacks" was just a bunch of random no context stock shots of a pyramid getting hit by clay rocks from... a disintegrating world? Huh?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think the intent is that Serpentera is destroying the sphere things, and the debris is crashing onto the upside-down triangle thing that the Sword (and thus, the Rangers) are on.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MisterBibs posted:

I think the intent is that Serpentera is destroying the sphere things, and the debris is crashing onto the upside-down triangle thing that the Sword (and thus, the Rangers) are on.

But the triangle is floating over red-tinted Los Angeles, which is where it was established that they are.

It's really meaningless because I think the whole eyeball pyramid is Dairanger's version of Rita's Palace (the eyeball motif again) but it's so many weird jump cuts

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

But the triangle is floating over red-tinted Los Angeles, which is where it was established that they are.

I think the floating triangle is the part of Red Tinted LA that the sword has. I'm not denying it's edited pretty weirdly, but they had the footage and by god they are going to use it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I should get around to watching more Dairanger one of these days, I saw the first few episodes on Shout Factory TV but then kinda forgot about it. Love the opening theme, though.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The chat loving exploded with #notmyrangers in response to the power transfer, wow.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Austin St John seems like a cool dude who enjoys that his short acting career was appreciated by so many kids, and he can make occasional cameos as long as he wants.

Tommy was cool up through Zeo but goddamn does JDF have that "don't you know who I am, I'm the Power Rangers" thing going on from time to time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have to take a break my mind cannot contain this much power rangers

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blockhouse posted:

I have to take a break my mind cannot contain this much power rangers

Same :negative:

I watched Power Rangers all evening instead of playing Breath of the Wild.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Craptacular! posted:

Tommy was cool up through Zeo but goddamn does JDF have that "don't you know who I am, I'm the Power Rangers" thing going on from time to time.
His MMA career and JESUS DIDN'T TAP tattoo really make you :stonk:

I think he had aspirations of being a Bruce Lee type of icon, bringing Martial Arts education to the masses through branded dojos.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
#NotMyRangers

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Zedd got all the best dialogue in this episode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
"Avoid the use of force wherever you can" -The guy who gives them giant combat robots

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

These random clips between episodes are choice. :3:

Wait, did the new rangers transfer to the school while i wasn't staring?

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 16, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

There was this interview with the dudes who played Bulk and Skull from years ago, and they said that he's generally a nice guy. The 'horror' stories about him (especially ones that happen earlier) come from a place of him not being an actor, being unprepared for everything that comes from being an actor, and pretty much freaking out.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

"hunka hunka Bulky love"

:gonk:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Scorpina out of loving nowhere.

okay i'm tapping out here for tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Wasn't Scorpina the name of the villain from Lost Galaxy? But this monster suit looks way too familiar irregardless, is she recurring?

Also As amazing as this is, I look forward to chat in some of the surprisingly decent later/less known seasons. :3: