Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

KildarX posted:

I know there's a moratorium on gun chat and punching hitlerites, but can there be also a moratorium on Bernie vs Hillary chat? At this point it's played out to "Bernie was more Charismatic/Bernie was Unelectable/Hillary is a black hole of charisma that hosed the DNC and all DNC Nobles should be hung" and nobody is changing their mind or having a new thought about it.

edit edit: Someone already talked about McDonalds slamming trump. Pretty funny

To be banned from this thread it has to satisfy an opaque and arbitrarily interpreted set of conditions including derailing for 2+ pages, crowding out legit talk when actual current events are going down, and me finding it personally annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Maybe, and this is crazy, that's because a majority of people in the US are center or right leaning? I mean, it can't be that, can it?

No it's because what used to be the left got taken over by the rich.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pod Save America's most recent episode had a longish interview with Rep. Seth Moulton (D) from Massachusetts 6th district.

I highly recommend people give it a listen, because dude is so loving on point (talks at length about why Dems lost the union vote, why Trump won, etc) and I'm hopeful he's a sign that not everyone in the DNC is clueless as to what to do next.

https://art19.com/shows/pod-save-america/episodes/3fff7edb-3104-44b6-be84-0ab584c43ce0

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The biggest thing that needs to change in the USA is over turning citizens united. There's way way way too much corporate money in elections now. That should be issue number 1. After that maybe term limits or someway to stop Congress people/elected officials from raising and only caring about donations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

brand engager posted:

No it's because what used to be the left got taken over by the rich.

Reminder that the political class has almost always been rich in this country.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VikingSkull posted:

George Washington was the richest man in the thirteen colonies.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

George Washington was the richest man in the thirteen colonies.

He also got some insane percentage of the entire budget of the nation as his salary.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

VikingSkull posted:

Has there been a nation where this isn't true?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Soviet Union. Also Khmer Rouge lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The biggest thing that needs to change in the USA is over turning citizens united. There's way way way too much corporate money in elections now. That should be issue number 1. After that maybe term limits or someway to stop Congress people/elected officials from raising and only caring about donations.

Jeb! had hundreds of millions of dollars shoveled into his candidacy and got jack loving poo poo to show for it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

The democratic party's leadership wasn't always beholden to lobbyists and corporate interests though. Why are you so loving dense?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Globalization without the development of a robust and wide-reaching social safety net, to include major job retraining programs for people's whose work was outsourced, along with 10 years of loving idiotic war in a faraway foreign land, made poor whites go full retard. The process was already underway after the conservative majority bullshit started up in the 80s after the soviet union stopped being an existential threat to the dominance of the United States. With no outside threat, things like providing a living wage to the working poor or even maintaining a pretense of wanting a middle class faded away, and gradually we got to where we are today. Also central to this development was commercialization of the internet so that it became accessible to every bigot, politician, and would-be soap box preacher in the world.

Both the DNC and RNC are directly responsible for these developments, with the republicans being notable for working to achieve it as rapidly as possible while being insanely obstinate and obstructionist against any attempts to stem the tide of retardation and desperation. The discourse of equivalence that exists in this party is retarded, but that doesn't matter because so are most Americans. Fortunately it appears that global warming is going to take care of the problem in a couple generations so we don't have to do any of the hard work of actually reforming our nation or the world. Namaste.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

RFC2324 posted:

I was wondering about that myself and apparently this guy is looking good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mujica

but who knows

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

brand engager posted:

The democratic party's leadership wasn't always beholden to lobbyists and corporate interests though. Why are you so loving dense?

lol what years are you thinking about

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

A while back, Tucker Carlson elevated Trump's victory as the result of people fed up with a system from which they saw no benefit or promise.

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/842209771457462272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's Tucker Carlson now.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

lol what years are you thinking about

This covers the shift towards big money taking over starting around the 70s
http://courseweb.ischool.illinois.edu/~katewill/spring2012-502/packer%202011%20the%20broken%20contract%20-%20inequality.pdf

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Office Pig posted:

A while back, Tucker Carlson elevated Trump's victory as the result of people fed up with a system from which they saw no benefit or promise.

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/842209771457462272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's Tucker Carlson now.

That legit made me laugh.

Trump reminds of that South Park episode with the crack babies and EA sports, and he's the head of EA

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuVZjpmi-QQ

not caring here fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 16, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Office Pig posted:

Someone in this thread keeps describing Republicans as a Death Cult. I'm starting to come around to that idea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, was paid more than $33,750 by Russia's state-run broadcaster RT TV-Russia for a speech in Moscow in December 2015, a top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee has learned.

The US intelligence community has long assessed RT to be a propaganda tool of the Kremlin, writing in its January report on Russian interference in the US election that the organization had participated in disinformation campaigns aimed at the US.
Flynn had previously acknowledged the speaking engagement, telling multiple news outlets in July and August that he received money for the speech. But he declined to state the amount, saying that the source of the funds was his US speakers bureau, not the Russian broadcaster, which US intelligence agencies describe as an instrument of the Russian government.

"I didn't take any money from Russia," Flynn told Yahoo News in July.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/842422435374866432

Jesus loving Christ.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

brand engager posted:

Stop calling the democrats "leftists" when they're barely left of the center. This is also why calling for compromise between Ds and Rs is dumb, since the result is just going to be right-wing garbage.

Choosing to die on this hill is why the Democrats are sidelined worse than George Lucas.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here are the stubs for Mike 'Russia as gently caress' Flynn

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/842426163934961665

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

brand engager posted:

Yeah and the Republicans ended slavery.

If you have to go back a few decades to point out a time when a political party wasn't a dumpster fire it doesn't actually extinguish the flames in the present, just saying.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah reading this quickly atm, but he moves back to the glass steagall act and pretty much points the point of great depression to 78 as the period where there were large organizations putting forth effort uniting all classes of americans. Or am I wrong about that? Sorry quickly reading this.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with that, but even then, that is about 70 years in americas 240ish years where this was the case.

vikingskulls point was "almost always" which is a bit off, but still close enough to work with here since even in those 70 years, the organizations pointed out were rich people running those large organizations.

I'll give it a better read later tonight. I might bring this to the local political organization I am heading to next week.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Here are the stubs for Mike 'Russia as gently caress' Flynn

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/842426163934961665

The receipts for his bribes are in comic loving sans.

loving clown show.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Holy gently caress, he lied about it when he took a physical check?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Godholio posted:

Holy gently caress, he lied about it when he took a physical check?

Yeah, that's amazing. Fucker should face charges.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, that's amazing. Fucker should face charges.

More like fit him for a noose.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah and the Republicans ended slavery.

If you have to go back a few decades to point out a time when a political party wasn't a dumpster fire it doesn't actually extinguish the flames in the present, just saying.

That's not something I was arguing you stupid gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Maybe you should present evidence to support your claims rather than namecalling. :)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
woops

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/842432017627262976

Edit: following Nancy always leads to comedy https://twitter.com/nancyayoussef/status/842431214447431682

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press briefing scheduled to start in 10 minutes!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring up both of these developments, press corps!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring up both of these developments, press corps!

:same:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

brand engager posted:

That's not something I was arguing you stupid gently caress.

Look, it's not my fault you went straight to the lobbyist angle when all I said was that members of the political class of this country have traditionally been personally wealthy.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Godholio posted:

Maybe you should present evidence to support your claims rather than namecalling. :)

I already did

which is about why the party is a dumpster fire, and then he spouts some non-sequitur about me saying the party isn't a dumpster fire

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

brand engager posted:

which is about why the party is a dumpster fire, and then he spouts some non-sequitur about me saying the party isn't a dumpster fire

Man, I talked about the country being majority center or right and you got butthurt. I know full well the evils of corporate money in the political spectrum, don't fall back on that. Prove to me why what I said is false.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Man, I talked about the country being majority center or right and you got butthurt. I know full well the evils of corporate money in the political spectrum, don't fall back on that. Prove to me why what I said is false.

That's your claim, the burden is on you to prove it is true.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
holy poo poo shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jfc this page is d+d as gently caress

• Locked thread