Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

this is a stickup posted:

oh welp, I was bamboozled by ecco not removing chaoslord from votefinder where it is listed as 6 to execute. I thought he was -2 this whole time

The correct number of people alive / needed to execute was listed in the OP, in the start of day 3 flavor, and in every votecount posted today.

========

:c: Final Day 3 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Quidthulhu (5): MMT, Hats, Keane, Max, stickup

bottleknight (0): stickup, -stickup, stickup, -stickup
stickup (0): Hats, -Hats

:h: 9 alive 5 to execute.

========

On the third day the miners decided on the most quiet member of the mine. "He looks shifty!" they said. "He probably has something to hide!"
Indeed, he did. Inside his pocket were handfuls of stolen gold nuggets.

:s: Quidthulhu, Maatab, Goon (scum-aligned goon), was executed day 3. :s:

Night actions! Submit them ASAP!

Thread remains open as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haha

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

EccoRaven posted:

The correct number of people alive / needed to execute was listed in the OP, in the start of day 3 flavor, and in every votecount posted today.

in robots we trust

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

But I think PMom is a good choice for today. I would vote Quid as well but that feels like a lurker vote and super lovely for the scums if he is.

Hmmm

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The quid writing was already on the wall at that point. Believe what you want, but would scum lie down on that lurk grenade?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I have no opinion on Quid, and I agree with you about Hats.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Don't have a whole lot to say about him. He's not playing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, let us not forget that weird push for BK near the end by your one and only Stickers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

The quid writing was already on the wall at that point. Believe what you want, but would scum lie down on that lurk grenade?

It's funny, so many of my arguments today have been based on what scum would and would not do, and yet they have been dismissed out of hand.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

Also, let us not forget that weird push for BK near the end by your one and only Stickers.

Yeah, this is the most suspicious in my mind.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

It's funny, so many of my arguments today have been based on what scum would and would not do, and yet they have been dismissed out of hand.

Not dismissed out of hand, just taken with a grain of salt. Scum play the game too. They don't always act like scum, in fact, they try to hide it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao

complain continuously that I have not posted or made any arguments

after making an argument and vote when the now ded person had 2 votes, complain about the weird push 'at the end'

Max
Nov 30, 2002

lmao

complain continuously that I have not posted or made any arguments

after making an argument and vote when the now ded person had 2 votes, complain about the weird push 'at the end'

Helpful things you can do: go back and make connections

Unhelpful things you can do: complain.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Right now my scum-o-meter reads like

[b[SCUM[/b] <--- BK . PMom , Grandi , Hats , stickup, Keane , Max , MMT --> TOWN

Max posted:

I feel more strongly about bk, but either way is fine I guess. mmt can kill the other tonight.

I dunno I don't really feel like that was weird. It's not like he fought hard against Quid before BK, he posted this 15 minutes after he voted for BK.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong but after a quick scan of BK, PMom, CL, and Quid:

- none of them ever case each other
- all of them make cases from the same pool of people (AA, Max, Tobbs, Grandi, Rarity/stickup)
- CL, PMom and BK showed support for the "Rarity posted scummy on d1 so stickup is suspicious" push
- PMom and BK showed support for the "Quid's lurking is alignment neutral" push

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Correct

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Too floppy, not enough flavor. Mediocre fries.

MMT, please kill Grandi for this atrocity.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The next up to die was Keane. He was a machinist responsible for repairing broken magickal mining equipment, and also for making sure only miners properly certified were using the machines. He was as honest as he was amusing, and he will be missed.

:s: CCKeane, Dhaba, Machinist (town-aligned gunsmith), had his brain smashed open with a pickax night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4!

:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Thursday, March 16th, ~11PM EDT. This is in fewer than 12 hours from this post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I take it MMT was jailed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh hey, look at that deadline.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going back and forth on Pmom. He hasn't been playing the best game but has also ignored or dismissed easy arguments against me and stick that I wouldn't expect from scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Here he could have pushed MMT's suspicions a little more when I had pointed out the double kill flavor thing.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ehh, kill-flavour to establish sourcing is kinda classic Ecco game

And here he actually reverses his position on stick. I was pushing stick really hard yesterday and he could have latched on to it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think I'd feel good about a stickup dunk. Like, I see the chaoslord defense, and BK's point about Rarity falsely offering herself up rings true, but I don't really see it in the posting.

I dunno, would not be my first choice for a dunk today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

This doesn't track to me. The first question is playing the speculation game, "what if you're wrong?" which I hate as questions anyways, but then the second part is "what reads do you have outside of us two?" which is inquiring about any auxiliary opinions MMT might have right now. You're grasping for straws.

This is like reverse tunnel vision. Instead of tunneling someone you think is scum, you're tunnel-protecting someone you think is town? It's really weird.

This BK post still sticks out to me, because I really didn't think there was anything wrong with what I asked at the time, and the sudden reversal from him made little sense.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
can we please kill bk now

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So we're confirmed to be on 2 scum now, right?

And we've got a current roster of...

MMT
Hats
Max
BK
Pmom
Grandicap
Stick

MMT I think we can pretty much dismiss out of hand, and I'm comfortable with Max as town (at the very least it'd be a hell of a longshot for us to try and make at this point when there'd be another scum to nab).

So that means we're looking at BK, Pmom, Grandicap, and Stick. Stick I'm still a bit tentative on, but the more I think about it the less that BK emptyvote seems like something that scum would do. Not sure who I like best for scum out of BK, PMom, and Grandi, though.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
to be clear, I was hoping bk would suddenly appear and call me out for empty voting him, max would blast me for not making an argument after all that time, or you would 'confirm' bk as town/me as scum due to that vote

I had what I wanted to say in mind before voting

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

So we're confirmed to be on 2 scum now, right?

And we've got a current roster of...

MMT
Hats
Max
BK
Pmom
Grandicap
Stick

MMT I think we can pretty much dismiss out of hand, and I'm comfortable with Max as town (at the very least it'd be a hell of a longshot for us to try and make at this point when there'd be another scum to nab).

So that means we're looking at BK, Pmom, Grandicap, and Stick. Stick I'm still a bit tentative on, but the more I think about it the less that BK emptyvote seems like something that scum would do. Not sure who I like best for scum out of BK, PMom, and Grandi, though.

I wouldn't dismiss MMT out of hand. i mean, we can pretty much assume he is not scum. But saying he is town is a different story.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Grandicap posted:

I wouldn't dismiss MMT out of hand. i mean, we can pretty much assume he is not scum. But saying he is town is a different story.

Yeah, but it's scum that we're concerned about right now. If he's an SK then he's pretty easily dealt with later.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Best leave the SK to be the scum's night time problem, if there is one.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yeah I wasn't super expecting that scum would let me drill last night.

##vote BK - barring something crazy I think BK and Pmom are the remaining scum.

If they're still trying (both have been pretty silent lately) I'm curious what their reads on each other are.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah I wasn't super expecting that scum would let me drill last night.

##vote BK - barring something crazy I think BK and Pmom are the remaining scum.

If they're still trying (both have been pretty silent lately) I'm curious what their reads on each other are.

So to confirm, you are saying that you were jailed last night rather than with holding the kill, or having it stopped in some other fashion?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's not surprising in the least. They'd want to get rid of the investigative role over the vig.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll likely vote BK. I won't be super around for deadline discussion, since we have people over tonight.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 4 Votecount

BottleKnight (1): MMT

:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Thursday, March 16th, ~11PM EDT. :siren: That's in about 8 hours from this post. :siren:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will have questionable availability this afternoon/night, but will be around for deadline

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Also, agree with the lurker callout. This game will fall apart if so many people have so little posts. :justpost:

Irony!

I really do wish that BK and PMom were in the thread, though. I'm a little nervy about going after them when they aren't speaking up at all, but I suppose if they're both town and pulling this then town kind of deserves to lose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is a pretty intense turn around for the day but I'd expect a check in of any kind.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
zzz

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Astounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going to mod meta and say that ecco made it such a short day because the scum is entirely checked out and we pretty much have them dead to rights. No point in dragging it out and such. I can't see why else there would be a ~12 hour day.

##vote BK

• Locked thread