Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like babies, thread. I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it needs to be said. THEY ARE FULL OF WONDER, THREAD. SO FULL OF WONDER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I like baby puppies.

All of them.

Even the ugly ones.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

Das Boo posted:

I like babies, thread. I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it needs to be said. THEY ARE FULL OF WONDER, THREAD. SO FULL OF WONDER.

:ironicat:
lol if you love babies. I like how you love babies. QQ more fuckbird. #squadgoals

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Babies are only entertaining if you're related to them. Unless they pee or throw up on someone at an inopportune time. Then they're pretty alright.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Babies are only entertaining if you're related to them. Unless they pee or throw up on someone at an inopportune time. Then they're pretty alright.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is what a baby is for, I'm pretty sure.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

Das Boo posted:

This is what a baby is for, I'm pretty sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toddlers are pretty cool once they start talking. I had a kid ask his dad if he farted while we were discussing a mortgage on their home. Really broke the ice.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Toddlers are the best. I love the look they give you when they're evaluating whether you're lying. (You are.)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kids are pretty fun once they stop making GBS threads them selves. I think I'd like to have a kid but I wish they could live in a pod and be sleep-learning or in some baby-matrix until they're out of diapers.
The same goes for dogs. Dogs are great but house training sucks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Kids are pretty fun once they stop making GBS threads them selves. I think I'd like to have a kid but I wish they could live in a pod and be sleep-learning or in some baby-matrix until they're out of diapers.
The same goes for dogs. Dogs are great but house training sucks.

Adopt a toddler. Or an older dog.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Das Boo posted:

Toddlers are the best. I love the look they give you when they're evaluating whether you're lying. (You are.)

Yeah, that's really cute. You can really see the cogs spinning. Not really hiding or moderating how they feel or express themselves is just incredibly endearing, for the most part. The immediate, genuine reaction to basically everything is just great, and I think something it is healthy for most people to be around to some extent whether they have kids of their own or not.

Adults can't and shouldn't act that way, but a child-like perspective is still really refreshing and rewarding, I think.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zh1 posted:

that's the second time some emptyheaded anime avatar has replied with ironicat. does anyone still think this is funny or...??

my avatar is not from an anime, you dick

And your post that I mocked was legit stupid. If you're so woke to the evils of capital, I figure you should understand the military industrial complex and how our shill leaders manipulate dumb young people into fighting wars for them

Maybe take what you believe, and think just a little bit harder about it

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You registered in 2010, so presumably you aren't 13 years old, which makes no sense.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

steinrokkan posted:

You registered in 2010, so presumably you aren't 13 years old, which makes no sense.

you're so worthless that no one could tell you how worthless you are and have it make any sense to you

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I know, but I can still wonder.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
:ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The only cure for shitposting is more shitposting :ironicat:

Speaking of which here's a popular opinion: Peggle was drat good and Peggle 2 was completely worthless.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Capitalism is dumb and so are you

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only cure for shitposting is more shitposting :ironicat:

Speaking of which here's a popular opinion: Peggle was drat good and Peggle 2 was completely worthless.

i got a fevah! and the only prescription! is more shitposting! - bruce DICKinson lmao, somethingawful 2017 bitches

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zh1 posted:

i got a fevah! and the only prescription! is more shitposting! - bruce DICKinson lmao, somethingawful 2017 bitches

Drugs are bad.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Capitalism is dumb and so are you

you shouldn't be allowed a format to publicly speak your opinions. it should be taken away from you

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
how do you feel about chairman mao

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

spit on my clit posted:

how do you feel about chairman mao

only how cool it is that you could put a L in front of he name to make LMAO lmao

we're not even suitable for posting in old gbs but here we are. telling the only clued in people how bad communism actually is hhahah

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
My unpopular opinion is that zh1 is unironically right and also his shitposting is on point.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

zh1 posted:

only how cool it is that you could put a L in front of he name to make LMAO lmao

we're not even suitable for posting in old gbs but here we are. telling the only clued in people how bad communism actually is hhahah

you didnt answer my question

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jerry Cotton posted:

:hellyeah:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
So, why did the commie support the capitalism of Something Awful? Shouldn't he be on a free forum?

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe

Leavemywife posted:

So, why did the commie support the capitalism of Something Awful? Shouldn't he be on a free forum?

i sorry i shoulda bord gorf dorble fliggner, birf derg nermble shirzzzz....gyeh?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm not huge on babies but I love kids.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Magnusth posted:

I also, wholeheartedly, believe that capitalism is scourge on the world; more than anything, i am an anti-capitalist. While capitalism is, in fact, working exactly as designed, that means the ever-inceasing exploitation of the working classes, imperialism, concentration of wealth, and the deadly and straight-up murderous expoitation of third-world countries, while also fuelling and encuraging racism, patriarchy and xenophobia.

I side with whoever gets us FTL travel

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
You must construct additional pylons bitches. goon $$$$ out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

atheism - something you support to piss your parents off.
But my parents are also atheists?

Das Boo posted:

Babies are boring. Once they can speak they're great, but before that, what's the point of them?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Tiggum posted:

Babies are boring. Once they can speak they're great, but before that, what's the point of them?

E: In hindsight, I was a jerk. I'm sorry, Tiggum.

Leave has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Mar 17, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tiggum posted:

But my parents are also atheists?

poo poo everywhere and make sure you don't sleep and spam facebook with pictures of your baby that looks exactly like all other babies except maybe it's really ugly.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Tiggum posted:

You can't communicate with a baby in the same way that you can with a toddler, of course, but there is still a lot of stuff happening with communication. I might mistake you for someone else on this, but if I remember correctly, you might have mentioned not being great with non-verbal communication once? Babies might be less "fun" partially because of that, if that happens to be the case, since communication will rely on reading facial gestures and mimicking more than verbal communication..

Other than being cute, I think that one thing that is cool about babies is how they learn and grow really quickly, and it is just neat to see such rapid development. Babies have to learn a ton of stuff before they are able to talk.

As far as communication goes, milestones that come before talking would be stuff like smiling, laughing, mimicking behavior, understanding increasingly complex games, words and phrases, beginning to emphasize more with their surroundings. Non-communication milestones develop rapidly, too, like crawling, rolling, more complex gesturing. A lot of stuff happens prior to talking, really, and an inability to be able to communicate by talking isn't the same as not being able to communicate, at all.

I don't mean to be rude with the "non-verbal" communication part, but imo it makes a lot of sense for people, people like goons, who might not be the greatest at picking up on non-verbal communication, to have trouble interacting in a way that feels meaningful to them with kids that can't talk yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zh1 posted:

You must construct additional pylons bitches. goon $$$$ out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ha, he got probed for a Protoss post.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Grandmother of Five posted:

Adults can't and shouldn't act that way, but a child-like perspective is still really refreshing and rewarding, I think.

I think there are circumstances in which it would benefit society/relationships if people felt able to behave this transparently - at least on occasion. Raw honesty is only a bad thing if the person spewing it is, well, spewing it. By which I mean there was never ANY emotional or intellectual maturation past toddlerhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like babies because the range of emotions displayed on a human being's face correlating to "Holy poo poo, are those KEYS?!" is magical. I do like toddlers and little kids, though. They're very fun. Only age group of children I hate are teenagers. It's the reason I could never be a mother.

I would murder them. :geno: