Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Alex Jones impressions are great y'all. Also I had to relisten to the meat sword bit several times because holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I got into them late last year and i've really love the vast majority of episodes they've done. Even when they do a mediocre movie that shouldn't really have much to make fun of, it's still usually fine stuff because they always seem to come up with a really funny joke or a bit of film insight that's interesting. Really love The Nexus show on Patreon they do also.

Definitely my favourite podcast going.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

DoombatINC posted:

Oh my god, Eric stopping Steve dead in today's episode, I'm losing my mind

"After Eric's great montage [of a sword being forged] we get the most insane sex scene in cinema history"
"Dude, you make a sword, you fuckin' make a meat one next"
"It's cra:stare: "

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm surprised there isn't more love for Chris Cabin, Slob ImmortalHighlander.

bobkatt013 posted:

Connor MacLeod puppet show is thing of genius and still making me laugh

Apes-Ma posted:

Bad impression Christopher Lambert doing a bad impression of Sean Connery was priceless.

This episode was gold. I generally like every episode (or as Andrew would say 'sode) they've done, but this one is amazingly hilarious

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Eric pure love for the movie really elevated it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I never knew Christopher Lambert was an Ernest character!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
This DS9/Voyager Nexus is every amazing impression and terrible joke I could ever want.

"Well, SPACE has been loving us in the rear end for a while, let's see what horrorshow is in HERE!"

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 16, 2017

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
The guys really need to actually watch DS9 properly. It might be my favorite Trek. And how dare Andrew badmouth Garak. Garak is the best. Now excuse me, I need to call my mom in here.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AlliedBiscuit posted:

The guys really need to actually watch DS9 properly. It might be my favorite Trek. And how dare Andrew badmouth Garak. Garak is the best. Now excuse me, I need to call my mom in here.

Them badmouthing Avery Brooks is what got to me.How the hell can you watch Shatner and then have complaints about Brooks for weird cadence and emphasis.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

They should watch Babylon 5. It even has Walter Koenig in it occasionally!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Badmouthing Garak is disgraceful, badmouthing The Sisko is just sad.

If you're a Trekkie and you don't think DS9 is the best one, then I can only assume you also think Enterprise was good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I might just be influenced by the slash fiction Eric read a few episode ago, but Quark and Odo as impersonated by them sound constantly on the verge of having weird gross sex

Pops Mgee posted:

Them badmouthing Avery Brooks is what got to me.How the hell can you watch Shatner and then have complaints about Brooks for weird cadence and emphasis.

Shatner's such a known quantity it's hard to even complain anymore.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

"We're not allowed to fight on hallowed grou- Really, Chris? Sweatpants?" killed me. Also, I was a huge fan on the TV show in highschool. They should have brought me on as a special guest expert. I could have answered so many questions about immortals.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Chris Cabin half-assing the Highlander job was hilarious and would most definitely make a great variety show sketch

My rebinge has brought me up to Easy Rider 2 which goes down as another one of my favourite episodes. It's a weird rear end movie so the WHM guys have so much to riff on.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoubleCakes posted:

Chris Cabin half-assing the Highlander job was hilarious and would most definitely make a great variety show sketch

My rebinge has brought me up to Easy Rider 2 which goes down as another one of my favourite episodes. It's a weird rear end movie so the WHM guys have so much to riff on.

That episode was crystal blue, just like 9/11.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

9/11 was fairly orange, you're thinking of the sky on that day.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

That episode was crystal blue, just like 9/11.

Cabin's delivery of "HOly poo poo!" after that line is wonderful.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Does anybody know where Eric's "hhhwhhhhhyyy?" bit comes from, or what it's referencing? I've listened to every episode, many multiple times, and I don't think I've ever heard the origin of it. I think Andrew refers to it as "hamburgering" on one episode?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Stand-up comedian Neil Hamburger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNHkmFDBfI

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

duz posted:

Appreciated.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

:stonk:

I had no idea that Niel Hamburger was a thing outside of Entertainment. It's on Netflix if you want to have a... Time

EDIT:
For the record, Entertainment is a movie that I like, but it's definitely an experience, and I recommend going in blind if you haven't seen it.

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 17, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neil Hamburger is a national treasure. I got to see him live once. He opened asking "Are there any (race) in the audience?" for a few minutes and the punchline was "Well, I heard this bar serves mixed drinks."

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Doobie Keebler posted:

"We're not allowed to fight on hallowed grou- Really, Chris? Sweatpants?" killed me. Also, I was a huge fan on the TV show in highschool. They should have brought me on as a special guest expert. I could have answered so many questions about immortals.

I was thinking about this while listening, but what are the deals with the monk guys that showed up in the later movies? like who cared enough to fund their secret society and why?

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Christopher Lambert impressions are to me by far the funniest thing these guys do. The mortal kombat hotel commercials thing is the best.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Femur posted:

I was thinking about this while listening, but what are the deals with the monk guys that showed up in the later movies? like who cared enough to fund their secret society and why?

The watchers? They're a secret society that found out about immortals and band together to record as much as possible on them. Pretty reasonable since one of them will eventually win The Prize and potentially rule the world. Or repeatedly win and then gently caress around for a few years, wasting his potential.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Christopher Lambert impressions are to me by far the funniest thing these guys do. The mortal kombat hotel commercials thing is the best.

Ehh heh heh heh hehhh!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
their rudy giuliani impression is really fuckin good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cael posted:

I never knew Christopher Lambert was an Ernest character!

Holy poo poo.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Honestly I can't get enough of their Giamatti

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lemon posted:

Honestly I can't get enough of their Giamatti

Lady in the water episode is a gem. :allears:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Kind of hope they do Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance some time. Not only is it a baaaaaad movie, but Nicholas Cage and Christopher Lambert share scenes together in what can only be described as a "ham sandwich Thunderdome of acting."

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i unfollow we hate movies last november becuase i didn't want to hear more trump jokes at that time knowing we are all going to die, but i just got done with the show up to Santa clause 3. love the jokes about pence, i know folks that hate him more then trump.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cyron posted:

i unfollow we hate movies last november becuase i didn't want to hear more trump jokes at that time knowing we are all going to die, but i just got done with the show up to Santa clause 3. love the jokes about pence, i know folks that hate him more then trump.

hang up on 'im

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The hell with Star Trek, the guys should do a Pokémon episode by episode podcast. Although half the charm is their complete ignorance of the subject, so...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GrandpaPants posted:

The hell with Star Trek, the guys should do a Pokémon episode by episode podcast. Although half the charm is their complete ignorance of the subject, so...

There's already a Pokémon Animation Damnation

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ultraviolet is up early and boy do they sound like they really didn't enjoy themselves.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

duz posted:

Ultraviolet is up early and boy do they sound like they really didn't enjoy themselves.

Oh, god. I'd completely forgotten that Ultraviolet was part of the listener request month. That is one of the most non movies I have ever seen.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

duz posted:

Per Facebook it is officially the worst movie they have ever seen.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Guy Mann posted:

Per Facebook it is officially the worst movie they have ever seen.

Accidentally watching Aeon Flux instead would have some how been a blessing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Are they honestly different films?

E: poo poo, they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
:cumpolice: