Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also whats the legal situation a la Warrior and Andrew "test" Martin, Ryback et al?

Couldn't Matt just change his name to "Matt Broken Hardy", and TNA couldn't touch him? And probably be able to counter-sue due to TNA's harassment of cable companies using the argument they are blocking his workplace and denying him income.

They are claiming ownership of the entire Broken universe of characters and catchphrases so it is a bit more than changing his name to Broken Matt Delete Obsolete Hardy Senor Benjamin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

One weird trick for keeping your name! Wrestling companies HATE him for it!!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite I ever saw was a flier that read "Featuring Rena Mero, the actress who portrayed the character Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw."

Was it promoted by Eli Drake?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

after reading the past few pages, i hope wwe hires the hardys and tna is stupid enough to go after them legally

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Endorph posted:

after reading the past few pages, i hope wwe hires the hardys and tna is stupid enough to go after them legally

This but WWE also refuses to acknowledge the Broken universe and has 42 and 39 year old Matt and Jeff, The Hardy Boyz come back complete with 90s gear and mannerisms

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

This but WWE also refuses to acknowledge the Broken universe and has 42 and 39 year old Matt and Jeff, The Hardy Boyz come back complete with 90s gear and mannerisms
in a way that would be the most Broken thing yet

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
only make vague references to an Unspoken Universe

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

They are claiming ownership of the entire Broken universe of characters and catchphrases so it is a bit more than changing his name to Broken Matt Delete Obsolete Hardy Senor Benjamin

And I'd probably bet money TNA would never win in court. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way they don't deserve to. They're Stan Lee-ing the Hardys.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

exploded mummy posted:

WWE employs Cody Hawkins :confused:

Yeah, Hawkins is booked for the ARMBAR this year.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CubsWoo posted:

They kidnap Lita and bring her down to the ring against her will

"Wait where are you taking me"

"YOU MUST DO THE DANCE IN THE RING WITH US - YOU ENJOY DOING THAT"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

CubsWoo posted:

And Jeff botches the first high spot he tries, knocking himself out in the process.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

grack posted:

And Jeff botches the first high spot he tries, knocking himself out in the process.

Matt screams,"YOU SPOT M.....e signaling you not to do that, Jeff?"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7imunf4KY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=041wY8lkDjY

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

So it's just Make Impact Great now? Not even trying to argue the 'again' part.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Using ominous purge slogans is always good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why does davey richards always have that ridiculous sneer on his face

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Bill Goldberg posted:

someone told him about all the poo poo davey richards did

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7imunf4KY

edit: drat you rovert and confusing me by linking two videos

have a green jacket instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50kn_dzBAM

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that loving green color...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bill Goldberg posted:

It's because he's the only person in the entire world that likes Davey Richards matches.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Don West went to Wazzu?

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
the people waving their hands in the air to ec3's music should probably be dumped into a volcano but other than that impact was not a good show and it was not a bad show it was just a show. well thats my analysis see you next week

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
when i saw talk about a green jacket i thought it was going to be about gregory helms's slime jacket

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sonicice posted:

impact was not a good show and it was not a bad show it was just a show. well thats my analysis see you next week

I didn't watch it but Mecca is acting like it was the best show in years. I guess that shouldn't be surprising.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hee-hee:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/game-of-thrones-richard-dormer-star-rellik-bbc-cinemax-jodi-balfour-1202045476/

quote:

Richard Dormer (Game of Thrones, Fortitude) has been cast as the lead in Rellik, a BBC and Cinemax thriller limited series. Also cast is Jodi Balfour (The Crown, Quarry). Written by Harry and Jack Williams (The Missing, Liar) Rellik (killer spelled backwards) tells the story of a serial killer in reverse. The perpetrator is caught before the drama moves backwards in time to the very beginning – the crime itself. The search for the killer provides the backbone of the story but the damaged and disfigured Met detective Gabriel Markham (Dormer) is at its center.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo hahahaha

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

oh my god. ohhhhhh my god

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's too bad that TNA used up all its legal fund suing the Hardys instead

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
wait... Rellik is killer spelled backwards?!?!

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Manik (kinam spelled backwards)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
mehtnA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love that even the Wiki page for the guy who played Rellik points out multiple times that Rellik is killer spelled backwards

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They should call the owl lwO. Then it can feud with the lWo.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

I love that even the Wiki page for the guy who played Rellik points out multiple times that Rellik is killer spelled backwards
[citation needed]

No, seriously.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Rovert (trevor spelled backwards)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Rovert (trevor spelled backwards)

hosed up if true

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmao

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
xer nora

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus it's perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Lwo taht kcuf