Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

turn back thread!

hey how did you get your fancy new name? that name change thread back up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Xarbala posted:

the idea that Star Citizen may someday actually leave alpha is the least believable leak of all

it's easy, they just give some crappy patch the title BETA and there you go!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

his nibs posted:

hey how did you get your fancy new name? that name change thread back up?

It's from this glorious thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811789

I asked FAU if it was too long to be a username and said he could test it on me.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Literally no one cares about this game anymore. It has been in production for years now without any tangible progress. Sure, tech bits and pieces have been presented, but the team is clearly operating without a fixed budget, a proper project manager and a proper schedule. I know that a lot of people have invested a lot of money in this product, and as a result they are ready to defend it to death, but if you just think about it for a second, just for a second, you will realize that your money is probably long gone.
I mean, ask yourselves - how many years have gone by, and with that in mind answer another question - do we have anything, i mean anything even remotely resembling a video game. A product with systems, rules, constraints, mechanisms, and functioning mechanics in place. No. the answer is no. And nothing nor anyone can deny that.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek posted:

Literally no one cares about this game anymore. It has been in production for years now without any tangible progress. Sure, tech bits and pieces have been presented, but the team is clearly operating without a fixed budget, a proper project manager and a proper schedule. I know that a lot of people have invested a lot of money in this product, and as a result they are ready to defend it to death, but if you just think about it for a second, just for a second, you will realize that your money is probably long gone.
I mean, ask yourselves - how many years have gone by, and with that in mind answer another question - do we have anything, i mean anything even remotely resembling a video game. A product with systems, rules, constraints, mechanisms, and functioning mechanics in place. No. the answer is no. And nothing nor anyone can deny that.

No one cares, except that /r/starcitizen is about to go pass 100k , funding just blew past 145 million $ and over 1.23 million ships sold to date. Have you even been following the development of this game at all ? You know that they basically started from nothing right ? They had less than 10 people working on this game for the better part of a year when they first started throwing ideas around. They literally built this company from the ground up while developing a triple A singleplayer campaign with world renown actors and an MMO. You think 5 years ( and I'm being generous here) is too long to achieve all this ? What are you comparing this to ?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5zwutr/star_citizen_level_design_special/

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MinorInconvenience posted:

Does this idiot really think that other AAA game creators use "scripted patterns, predictable AI" because they are lazy or uncreative? Do they not understand what kind of processing power would be required to "create huge rulesets for the AI, providing the ability to react not only to player actions, but to the actions of other NPCs."?

Everytime Bethesda tried something close(Radiant Ai) the results where hilarious and turned the game unplayabla after some time.

Since every NPC react to every other NPC, the tyniest of bugs (like, lets say, one NPC failing to spawn because the player was too far when the script trigger) would slowly ripple out and cause all NPC to behave in an unpredictable manner untill the system reached maximum enthropy, like a "Tantrum Spiral" from Dwarf Fortress.

I read somewhere than during earlier playtest in Oblivion they caused a whole village to dissolve into a massive street brawl by simply having a broom stolen by the player.

- Player take broom and go away.
- NPC 1 is scheduled to clean, cant find broom, search for broom in a radius around him. Take broom from NPC 2 house.
- NPC 2 register broom taking as theft. Attack NPC 1
- NPC 2 win, register as murderer for guard NPC and population
- Guard NPC win figth - Register as murderer from whole village population
- Everytime someone win, he register as murderer and the fight continue untill the whole town is left with a single NPC in the cell.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

How do you even recover from -100 karma? I thought that made all your posts not show up?

You find another sub to start farming in. Once your in the positive again, you go back and poo poo the whole thing up again. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's from this glorious thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811789

I asked FAU if it was too long to be a username and said he could test it on me.

This is incredible

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

aleksendr posted:

Everytime Bethesda tried something close(Radiant Ai) the results where hilarious and turned the game unplayabla after some time.

Since every NPC react to every other NPC, the tyniest of bugs (like, lets say, one NPC failing to spawn because the player was too far when the script trigger) would slowly ripple out and cause all NPC to behave in an unpredictable manner untill the system reached maximum enthropy, like a "Tantrum Spiral" from Dwarf Fortress.

I read somewhere than during earlier playtest in Oblivion they caused a whole village to dissolve into a massive street brawl by simply having a broom stolen by the player.

- Player take broom and go away.
- NPC 1 is scheduled to clean, cant find broom, search for broom in a radius around him. Take broom from NPC 2 house.
- NPC 2 register broom taking as theft. Attack NPC 1
- NPC 2 win, register as murderer for guard NPC and population
- Guard NPC win figth - Register as murderer from whole village population
- Everytime someone win, he register as murderer and the fight continue untill the whole town is left with a single NPC in the cell.

Solution: procedurally generate a broom shop

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Posting on 800

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If your cat is fat just start sprinkling creatine in his food and then tie a vest on him. Slowly add fishing weights and boom! thin, jacked, cat.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AbstractNapper posted:

This is all fascinating. In any other video game context (in developer and gamers circles alike), this would normally be met with a prompt "where do you come up with this crap?" response.

But then, we have Star Citizen to thank for this paradigm. People can type what they just dreamed up last night, which should definitely be included in the game and as a matter of fact is already in the game's specs/ scope because.

The nice thing is this works in reverse too. Really makes it easy to spread a thick layer of FUD over things because Star Citizen's development is like trying to answer "What happens when you cross the event horizon" - nobody really knows anything for sure.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life is a good thread

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I am pissing myself laughing over here.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
what is your boon size

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

his nibs posted:

big nipples big life is a good thread

DapperDon posted:

I am pissing myself laughing over here.

powerful and sexy lols

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Galarox posted:

You are suffering from a condition known as "Star Citizen Fatigue" - cure? Post cat gifs.

Is that it? I've been having it too for the last tow months or so. >300 pages behind.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I'm now an official dirty leaver:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5zxyho/and_im_out/

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

holy jpegs that's a lotta moolah.. congrats dude :toot:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I just realized something:

TheAgent = multiple goons

but because all goons = Derek Smart alternate accounts, this means:

TheAgent = Derek Smart

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jason Sextro posted:

I just realized something:

TheAgent = multiple goons

but because all goons = Derek Smart alternate accounts, this means:

TheAgent = Derek Smart

Citizens have been trying to tell you this for years, Forums Poster Jason Sextro.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

aleksendr posted:

Only thing i can find in context is "People wearing flamboyant clothing associated with the opposite sex."

Best example would be the guys of South Park Oscars dresses but for everyday events (and without the acid) or a woman favoring red, green and garish oranges like the "Sappeur" culture of Africa instead of the usual "men's" color of western country (black, navy and various tones of grey or blue)

Men dressing like this :

Women dressing like this :

Tumblr is what happen when the people at the edge of the acceptable take charge of the Asylum.

This is the best.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Congrats WH, glad you can watch this wild ride without any skin in the game!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nice jpeg fakery.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I beat Zelda last night. I'm glad i got the Wii U version and didn't spend $400 on a new console / game. It would've made the experience even more disappointing.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nicholas posted:

I beat Zelda last night. I'm glad i got the Wii U version and didn't spend $400 on a new console / game. It would've made the experience even more disappointing.

I figured I'd end up feeling the same way so I'm holding off until Mariokart comes out at least.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I thought we were going to save that fake until 3.0 came out? Oh well, sell it well commando.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Congrats! Now the first thing you need to do with that money is to get yourself one of those sweet Platinum accounts so you can see all of the hidden posts.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
T.A.N.E. has been compromised!

The
Agent:
Network of
Exaggerators

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought we were going to save that fake until 3.0 came out? Oh well, sell it well commando.

Damnit! I must have mixed up the dates.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

I loved ME2 so much, it was scary. I played through the entire game 4-5 times. I replayed an entire play-trough because I was unhappy with one choice I did in on specific mission. Then I got ME3 and I played that poo poo hard, got to the end for the first time and I was like, OK I guess that was it not what I hoped, I'm gonna take a break. Then stuff like "the DLC really makes the game feel more complete" and stuff like that just made me decide to not play it ever again.

I haven't even bothered looking into the new one.

I absolutely loved the trilogy up until the ending of 3. (Indoctrination ending or GTFO.) I never even went back to play the dlc because of it. Keep hearing one of them is great, but oh well.

Only reason I'm even remotely interested in Andromeda is its not tied to the trilogy. The potential for more ME is alluring, even if most of the original writing staff is gone. :(

e; taxxe

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/842526824706064384
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/842527207557873664
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/842699417710944256

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

It's hilarious that a guy so obsessed with a futuristic space game that is even more obsessed about being able to play 18th century games in the futuristic space game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The idea of basketball happening in star citizen's lovely physics engine is really loving funny.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Will the ball actually collide with anything when thrown? Or just fly off through the hull then float up to the top of the water.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
The basketball's location is client-side like the vending machine

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
oh these poor, poor people :(

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The idea of basketball happening in star citizen's lovely physics engine is really loving funny.

I'm so excited to play basketball in the next Overwatch patch oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

If the Citizen Basketball Association doesn't play exactly like NBA Jam, no sale.