Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Fair I guess, I just hate things that by default target randomly for that kind of swing.

Yeah, it always sucks to be screwed by a random roll of the die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Li Dawny posted:

How does one make money in this game?

Broadway's gotta be something you do for love cause making money in this game is about the hardest drat thing there is.

Unless you're Hamilton.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Broadway's gotta be something you do for love cause making money in this game is about the hardest drat thing there is.

Unless you're Hamilton.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

This feels fake to me.

In what way is that worse than the votes preceding it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Follow-up question, if you think that vote is fake, why are you also voting for same person.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone want to go ahead and unvote before we get a quick hammer?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

Follow-up question, if you think that vote is fake, why are you also voting for same person.

Because there's an almost-cop investigation and it feels like "welp my scumbuddy has been caught and there's nothing I can do about it" pile on vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Someone want to go ahead and unvote before we get a quick hammer?

No?

If you have something to actually say then say something. If not let's get on with it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Since when is it cool to hammer two days early? I mean let's at least let everyone check in

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I think we're just waiting on Li Dawny.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I think we're just waiting on Li Dawny.

I already posted today, unless you mean waiting on me to give my opinion on the whole Chores thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Li Dawny posted:

I already posted today, unless you mean waiting on me to give my opinion on the whole Chores thing.

Oh, I must have missed you, my apologies.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

So do we have the votes? (Ah-hah ha ha!)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Very likely.

I'm not anticipating there being much additional discussion, but RF at least suggested holding off a bit.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Unless anyone has something they want to discuss, I'll vote in 10 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, better than dragging the day out I guess

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

##vote chores

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The curtain has come down on Chores day 2!

quote:

You are Shrek! You start with $75

You have two possible night actions:

##gotyoubeat "faaaaaart" Spend $50 to use this power to put out someone who is on fire. If multiple people are on fire one will be chosen randomly.

##beautifulworld "Just around the bend there's a friend or two....but not for you" Start a one-day anonymous masonry with someone. If you reveal who you are, you will be modkilled. Costs $30

You are town! You win when all threats to town are gone.

Keane has fulfilled his win condition and absconds from the game!

quote:

You are Kean! You start with $75.

You have two possible night actions:

##thefogandthegrog "It'll be a hazy dazy night tonight" Pay $50 to become drunk and randomly visit another player, randomly doing one of the following: doc, watch, steal, roleblock

##civilizedpeople "Perhaps I should remind you sir that child molesters do get hung" If you activate this power, you will be given the name of a show. If you are able to get that player lynched the following game day, you will abscond and win the game

You are 3P! You win if you achieve your win condition before the game ends.

It is now Night 2! Please get your actions in by noon tomorrow.

*Time for a duel* :hist101:
"Look 'em in the eye, aim no higher. Summon all the courage you require..."

Record yourself singing from any musical a song that is about fighting, dueling, playing a game against someone, etc. You cannot use Ten Duel Commandments. Post your recording in the thread. When the night is over, everyone will vote by PM who they think did the best recording. You cannot vote for yourself.

The thread will remain open for contest entries but no other posting please.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
loving morons

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0r0kSgooykT

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
SERIOUSLY GUYS. Send me your night actions. Even if you're not doing anything. I've gotten 2 so far. Not great.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm sorry I don't sing:( I feel bad, but I am atonal in addition to arrhythmic.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am so sorry, I overslept!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am so sorry, I overslept!

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Where's my prize?

They promised me a prize....

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Where's my prize?

They promised me a prize....

Only if you win.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Grandicap posted:

Only if you win.

Well how long is this night going to go?

Also, I WANT MY PRIZE!
(gently caress me why didn't I pick this musical, he would've had to make me a vig)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a song I'd like to do but I don't have anywhere to record it because I am too shy to sing loudly in the house/too embarrassed to explain to my fiancee what I'm doing and why.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Retro Futurist posted:

I have a song I'd like to do but I don't have anywhere to record it because I am too shy to sing loudly in the house/too embarrassed to explain to my fiancee what I'm doing and why.

Look man if this relationship is going to go anywhere she's going to support you belting showtunes out at the top of your lungs at any hour of the day or night to potentially increase your chances at winning an internet party game. That's like part of the definition of love.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Well how long is this night going to go?

Also, I WANT MY PRIZE!
(gently caress me why didn't I pick this musical, he would've had to make me a vig)

Long enough that hopefully more people will get actions in.

AKA until tomorrow

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Look man if this relationship is going to go anywhere she's going to support you belting showtunes out at the top of your lungs at any hour of the day or night to potentially increase your chances at winning an internet party game. That's like part of the definition of love.

She'd probably be fine with it I'm just shy

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

If she doesn't spontaneously volunteer to sing a duet without knowing it will help him get ahead in his Internet party game, it isn't forever love.

Also it's St Paddy's day, I was laid off yesterday for no reason and am half irish, so if the thread opens today I will basically not contribute, and anything I do say should be read while assuming my blood alcohol level is moderately to highly elevated.

If you don't or are not from a place where they celebrate St Patrick's day, we apologize for this interruption, normal service will be resumed shortly.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

If she doesn't spontaneously volunteer to sing a duet without knowing it will help him get ahead in his Internet party game, it isn't forever love.

Also it's St Paddy's day, I was laid off yesterday for no reason and am half irish, so if the thread opens today I will basically not contribute, and anything I do say should be read while assuming my blood alcohol level is moderately to highly elevated.

If you don't or are not from a place where they celebrate St Patrick's day, we apologize for this interruption, normal service will be resumed shortly.

Sorry about the job poo poo:(

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grandicap posted:

Sorry about the job poo poo:(

I walked in to my shift yesterday and the new owner (daughter of the woman who actually hired me) just said I wasn't a fit, here's a check go home.

My best guess is her mother made promises to me she didn't want to follow through on, and since I hadn't been there 90 days yet they wanted to cut it out now. It was very sudden.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mithross posted:

half irish

Day 2 lynch found

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry guys I had the busiest and most stressful week. Finally it's over so I can reopen the game tomorrow.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I decided to do an entry, just so khyros can beat me honestly instead of winning by default.

Dr Horrible's Turn

I think the songs subject matter is close enough, and also Dr Horrible is the only musical I know well enough to sing a song from.

Apologies for how quite it is, my roommate is asleep in the next room and we have crap insulation;.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 18, 2017

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

I decided to do an entry, just so khyros can beat me honestly instead of winning by default.

[url=http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wQJpLOcGKT]Dr Horrible's Turn[/b]

I think the songs subject matter is close enough, and also Dr Horrible is the only musical I know well enough to sing a song from.

Apologies for how quite it is, my roommate is asleep in the next room and we have crap insulation;.

I can't hear it, am I doing something wrong or did you upload 2 minutes of dead air?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Grandicap posted:

I can't hear it, am I doing something wrong or did you upload 2 minutes of dead air?

It's not dead air, but I cranked my volume all the way up and can still barely hear it, so it might as well be.

This is why one should not drink and record musical numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

got some chores tonight (7): CCKeane, Grandicap, KhyrosFinalCut, Asiina, kumba, SirSamVimes, garthoneeye

Not Voting (5): got some chores tonight, GulagDolls, Li Dawny, Mithross, Retro Futurist

There are 12 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is March 16th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

• Locked thread