Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somber's kinda-case on me is bad, but it looks town bad to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

Somber's kinda-case on me is bad, but it looks town bad to me

How so?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mafia edit: I mean the 'town bad' part.

Also what do people think of Jedit, if nobody's biting on the Somber thing today? I would pivot to him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just feels genuine to me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I wouldn't vote jedit rn

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

interested to know what Max thinks of bowmore

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somehow missed him!

Seems completely disengaged and hasn't posted at all today, yeah? Would lump him into the same category Pmach is in, but he has even less, beyond a bad dickyb vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In three hours, something happens!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i mean i can vote pmach if that helps

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We have too many loving lurkers in this game. Slamburger, please deal with them. They're lazy lovely no-content votes and I don't want to vote for any of them today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Content game - here are the people who have been posting. Which two would you vote and why?

SLASHER HAWKE 73
Max 53
Kashuno 37
Podima 33
windshipper/redneck nazgul 35
Retro Futurist 27
Somberbrero 22
Jedit 18
---- (less than 5 posts this game day)
JimsonTheBetrayer 17
Propaganda Machine 12
bowmore 12

I would vote Jedit or Somber, quite frankly, for reasons already stated. I think the Max/Kashuno thing is a town slapfight. I also think RF's defense feels town - I don't think scum would put themselves out there for an 'ugh' hammer on D1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

Propaganda Machine (2): Max, SLASHER HAWKE
Somberbrero (1): Podima
SLASHER HAWKE (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
bowmore (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, redneck nazgul
Max (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Jedit, Propaganda Machine, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 1 minute.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This does suck.

For the players that are posting, I'd also go Jedit or Somber.

Bowmore or Pmach from the lurker column.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

I think the Max/Kashuno thing is a town slapfight.

I also feel this, which is why I've held back on slamming a vote on him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

This does suck.

For the players that are posting, I'd also go Jedit or Somber.

Bowmore or Pmach from the lurker column.

I'll bite. Why not Jimson from the lurker column?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jimson hasn't appologized for not participating and has actually posted this game day. Though his participation is still atrocious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After Ecco's most recent game I'm using those apologies as a giant indicator of scumminess from now on.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Jimson hasn't appologized for not participating and has actually posted this game day. Though his participation is still atrocious.

:confused: Do you mean he hasn't apologized THIS game day? Because I literally called him out for that on D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

By the by I am still involved in this game. No worries :p I've just been busy with my birthday weekend

Oh, he did sort of.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Anything else is impossible. ##vote pmach

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

Anything else is impossible. ##vote pmach

:wrong:

Is THIS enough to get people to vote Somber?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"oh no, PMach has 2 votes to everyone else's 1. That's the only possible way!"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
On the other hand I don't see why scum stops lurking and makes that post/vote. gently caress.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure, I'll wait around 61 minutes if you really think anyone else is going to show up on a Friday night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm here. I'd vote pmach or switch to slasher

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually I'm about to eat supper so ##vote pmach just in case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I thought Jimson's case on slasher was okay but I don't think it's a great idea to dunk the person leading in posts?

one thing about mostly vanilla setups is that at a certain point games rely on an injection of information to keep them moving. everyone has to be very motivated otherwise.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm here. I'd vote pmach or switch to slasher

Why the easy lurker approach instead of literally anyone who has provided content today?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i mean i know that i said pmach was the easy way out and we should wait on a modkill, but this same scenario just happened with them in an ongoing game and they flipped scum. i feel pretty good about our chances.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i mean i know that i said pmach was the easy way out and we should wait on a modkill, but this same scenario just happened with them in an ongoing game and they flipped scum. i feel pretty good about our chances.

disagree/dislike. that was multiple days in, this is day 2. too early to make that kind of call.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
and if you say pmach, why not bowmore or jimson? what's different?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also pod, i'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice if three of bowmore, kash, jedit, redneck, and jimson show up before deadline. i think you're flat wrong to assume that everyone is going to show up to participate in this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Podima posted:

and if you say pmach, why not bowmore or jimson? what's different?

i kind of like what little content jimson has and bowmore always lurks, in my experience pmach lurks as scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

also pod, i'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice if three of bowmore, kash, jedit, redneck, and jimson show up before deadline. i think you're flat wrong to assume that everyone is going to show up to participate in this game.

I never said they were going to participate. I said I want the mod to deal with non-participants like the OP said, rather than giving up the one consistent power town has to do that for them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also also more votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Podima posted:

I never said they were going to participate. I said I want the mod to deal with non-participants like the OP said, rather than giving up the one consistent power town has to do that for them.

you said i was scum in part because i said that pmach was the only possible vote at this point. i wish you were as good as you were belligerent.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somberbrero posted:

I think your $20 will be safe.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I believe in you thread

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I've come around on pod I think he's trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

I think your $20 will be safe.

my point being that pod trying to spin this as an alignment read when he's just wrong is bad. i don't know what to make of it other than maybe he's fighting really hard to save an absent scumbud rather than bussing, or is just very committed to his read on me.

• Locked thread