Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Did we ever ask Ishamal about the weird poo poo we saw/felt during that blessing? And if we did, did he comment on the weather or did he just ignore us?

Similarly, does Zebanatha still strike us as being off in some fashion that we can't describe? Many of our early interactions mention that something about him seems strange but we can't put our finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Olothreutes posted:

Similarly, does Zebanatha still strike us as being off in some fashion that we can't describe? Many of our early interactions mention that something about him seems strange but we can't put our finger on it.

He's probably a xephanim or whatever the lower Melachim are called.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Switching my 2 vote from C to B

I'd rather too little than too much in this case and B and D are way too close.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I wonder if Esau claimed to be the rightful king of Baitel because he gambled it away on a poker game or something and couldn't get over it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Olothreutes posted:

Did you? Now, no. There were no old people in Athar. He was one of the visibly oldest people you had seen after. As you got used to the idea of people being over the age of 50 and not murdered in cannibalistic rights, you got used to it.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Step one: kill these fuckers dead.

Step two: Talk to Ishamal. Ask if this poo poo is binding and when "The Final Day" is. It could be the coming Jubilee, or it could be, say, the day Asherah's bonds break.

If it is binding, we..

Step three: Road trip to Seir, do not bring our Balls, lest they see us..

Step four: Debase ourselves. Esau does not want us to say "thanks", he literally wants us to grovel at his feet and admit we are a speck of dust on the rear end in a top hat of a maggot in comparison to his glory.

And y'know, that's pretty much true, yep. I am absolutely willing to admit he's probably better than us at drat-near everything, especially archery, and double-especially fletching. The fact that we are a big drat hero is a sad statement about the state of the world. I'd rather politely refrain from actual bowing and groveling, but if he's got nothing better to do than drag us across the world to hear how awesome he is, so be it.

Plus we'll get to learn s'more poo poo. I would like to note that our greatest boons (wingats an actual strength-meter, possibly Snarls) were bestowed upon us by greater beings out of pity for our bumbling ignorance, so we've got a pretty good track record here!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

Did you? Now, no. There were no old people in Athar. He was one of the visibly oldest people you had seen after. As you got used to the idea of people being over the age of 50 and not murdered in cannibalistic rights, you got used to it.

I am the part of Enkidel's psych that is still not used to it. But I am now OK with old people because Snarls is also wrinkly and Snarls is undoubtedly good, and wrinkles therefore cannot be a bad thing.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I highly doubt Esaus still around, I don't think someone like him would hand over the reins of kingship to someone else

He's probably like Zepa in the sense he got 'convinced' to step back, especially if he was causing trouble by disputing the legitimacy of Baitels King

e: It's also possibly likely that if he did come for us, we'd be protected like we were assured of if Amok came knocking cause of our unforeseen decision consequences

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 18, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Should bring it all up with Zeb because his faction is the one that'd be doing the protecting.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Easu is Chait. He's laughing his rear end off back in Zepath.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We're gonna need to talk to Chait anyway so might as well ask his advice.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

alpaca diseases posted:

e: It's also possibly likely that if he did come for us, we'd be protected like we were assured of if Amok came knocking cause of our unforeseen decision consequences
I think the situation is different for two reasons. One is the justice angle. With Amok we mostly did okay with one dick move that could be repaired by returning the scrolls. With Esau we were warned of consequences and could have changed our mind.

More importantly is the realpolitik aspect. Amok is an outsider and alone. He won't be able to wage a major war. Esau and Seir represent a significant faction within Ur and they don't want to spark a divine civil war over us shirking an unpleasant obligation.

We shouldn't try to shirk this anyway. We can go and offer sincere thanks and admiration at archery skills while refusing to bow to anyone other than El.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
So Esau is a egotistical rear end who calls himself king, and Zepa is a possessive sulking child with no concept of "inside voices". I really want to meet the rest of the family.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TacoNight posted:

We shouldn't try to shirk this anyway. We can go and offer sincere thanks and admiration at archery skills while refusing to bow to anyone other than El.

Exactly what I want to do. Repay him for the service even though all he did beyond originally make the thing was give us permission to do what we were ostensibly given the gift for, yet not go against El's command to never prostrate ourselves again. He'll probably kick our rear end for the inherent arrogance of our pious decision not to bow but it's for the best.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Preemptive vote to bury Jael in questions so he can't give us anymore restrictions if he shows up.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

2. B

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
If this is how Esau and Zepa were then I kinda am no longer sad about being fixed.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I'm kind of proud of Enkidel for fighting to remain humble despite the ego hisdivine nature and worship addiction gives him. I don't know if Labaras and his sons had the same thing going or what, but, wow, Enkidel really is great because he doesn't go out of our way to constantly remind absolutely everyone about it and force everyone to acknowledge it constantly.

Unrelatedly, in the like, second real post, when everyone was picking where to start: that information doesn't apply anymore, right? We shouldn't use it to assume that Baitel was once just a city where some dude first invented agriculture? It kind of gives the impression that everything in Labaras' time was a lot less impressive, and that Labaras was just a normal guy; I'm assuming that's like, no-longer-relevant information as far as we're concerned? or something?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
That information is no longer valid as per Diog, correct.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

If this is how Esau and Zepa were then I kinda am no longer sad about being fixed.

I'd like to think one of our goals would be to raise our kids better than that but that's no guarantee they wouldn't have become hunger demons in the end.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Anyone remember what other Grandsons of Labaras "things" are? Esau had his bow, Zepa (who was totally a son) had the spear and the "left for the end of the world. Another Grandson founded Nuzu right? I can't remember anyone else. The king of Baitel is a grandson's grandson or something.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd like to think one of our goals would be to raise our kids better than that but that's no guarantee they wouldn't have become hunger demons in the end.

I think we already have. :unsmith:

When we go home I vote we gather each of our children, Ruth, Asahel, David, Ahaz for a family dinner and we tell them that we love them, they are good kids with good hearts and that we are proud of each of them. Remind them to be good, caring people and while trusting in El, they should remember that all we have is each other so look out for your fellow Urian.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arkanomen posted:

When we go home I vote we gather each of our children, Ruth, Asahel, David, Ahaz for a family dinner and we tell them that we love them, they are good kids with good hearts and that we are proud of each of them. Remind them to be good, caring people and while trusting in El, they should remember that all we have is each other so look out for your fellow Urian.

And also get each of them a pet cat for their birthdays, because cats are great.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arkanomen posted:

Just in time for Ruth to fall over dead from old age, unloved as a husband and unfulfilled by her role in society.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

FlocksOfMice posted:

I'm kind of proud of Enkidel for fighting to remain humble despite the ego hisdivine nature and worship addiction gives him. I don't know if Labaras and his sons had the same thing going or what, but, wow, Enkidel really is great because he doesn't go out of our way to constantly remind absolutely everyone about it and force everyone to acknowledge it constantly.

Well besides the giant toad skull which is a literal gateway to your house, and the statue of your heroic men fighting off a horde of demons in the town square of Kavodel!

I jest.

But yeah, Enkidel is unusually modest for his station in life.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

Well besides the giant toad skull which is a literal gateway to your house, and the statue of your heroic men fighting off a horde of demons in the town square of Kavodel!

I jest.

But yeah, Enkidel is unusually modest for his station in life.

First one we kinda regret and I like to think of it as a reminder to ourself that the Glorious Mighty Man way isn't the best thing and that without tempering power with mercy we only create ruin.

On the surface we have to keep up some Zepthan standards or people will think us strange!

The statue was a memorial to our fallen Ball. Nothing more.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One thing to consider is Ur had been sliding into decadence before we came along. Manhood trials were dying out, people were refusing to honor the jubilee, melachim worship was a big thing, a village's El shrine was even raided and on top of that, demons have decided to start using the outlying kingdoms as a snack bar. Esau can call us a weakling and mock us for being in over our head but we're probably the only person who cares enough about Ur to try and fix it. It's not like we intentionally set out to be some messiah, we just notice problems no one else is bothering with and we're seeing if it's possible to make things better using any tools at our disposal.

If we were playing Enkidel as someone only in it for personal glory or the wellbeing of our own land vs the Bniamokt we'd have voted to camp out on the land with no real value that would've made a more comfortable position for the camp. Instead we chose to do what's best for Acco and Ur as a whole by actually mining something that would pull Acco out of the depression they've been strangely unable to get themselves out of after the Bniamokt attack last jubilee.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

The important question is:

Behemoth skull - Back gate to Enkidel's household, or gate to Kavodel? (Assuming it survives)

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 18, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Olothreutes posted:

The important question is:

Behemoth skull - Back gate to Enkidel's household, or gate to Kavodel?

More likely a pile of ash on the battlefield.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Arkanomen posted:

First one we kinda regret and I like to think of it as a reminder to ourself that the Glorious Mighty Man way isn't the best thing and that without tempering power with mercy we only create ruin.

On the surface we have to keep up some Zepthan standards or people will think us strange!

The statue was a memorial to our fallen Ball. Nothing more.

I really, really hope we don't regret the toad incident, I still don't get the hand wringing about that whole thing. It was a monster. We killed the monster. We then reveled in it for a bit. Am I forgetting some horrible act we did when that all went down?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

I really, really hope we don't regret the toad incident, I still don't get the hand wringing about that whole thing. It was a monster. We killed the monster. We then reveled in it for a bit. Am I forgetting some horrible act we did when that all went down?

Goons don't love the potential genocide for a monster that was well away from human society and seemed like it wasn't interested in leaving its area. Basically it wasn't a threat to anyone and never would have been a threat, and we killed them all anyway for nothing but the sake of personal glory. I mean, we are a professional monster hunter, so that's basically our job description. But it doesn't sit well with everyone.

Personally I don't mind it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think it was going into toad halls and killing the much less aggressive alpha female and baby toads that made some folks uneasy.

A way toned down goblin babies, basically.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Was it pappa toad or mamma toad who had the toadstone?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

FlocksOfMice posted:

My theory is that the mighty men of yore were massive braggarts because Might and strength were the result of worship pouring in - so the bigger and more awesome you were, the more you get and the stronger you were. That then ties in with the worship addiction and the two feed off each other.

This also explains why Donut mighty men are so much weaker - they're literally worse people so they don't get as much worship, whereas the Mighty Men of the fringe get way more. So do common people out in the Sticks versus in the Donut - less douchy so they get a slightly larger trickle of Awe/worship and thus are taller.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Olothreutes posted:

Behemoth skull - Back gate to Enkidel's household, or gate to Kavodel? (Assuming it survives)

Gate all diplomats visiting Acco must walk through.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aades posted:

Seducing a Melachim would be the easiest way to check their plumbing. Start whispering sweet nothings into the air, maybe one of our Watchers will be interested.

I wonder if there has ever been a three quarter melachim nephilim? Hey baby, wanna make an abomination?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

What bush? What grass? Oldemokt just cast Horrid Wittling. There is nothing but us, the Bnaimokt and scorched earth for however long the maximum range of fell blood sorcery is.

I am aware that the grass has all been wilted, I didn't know if that meant dead, dried, and flattened out or blasted into blank dirt. I figured it was just shrunken, dead and dry (that's what I think of when I hear dead grass), but it is possible it would be unable to burn.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Captainicus posted:

I am aware that the grass has all been wilted, I didn't know if that meant dead, dried, and flattened out or blasted into blank dirt. I figured it was just shrunken, dead and dry (that's what I think of when I hear dead grass), but it is possible it would be unable to burn.

Apparently it rots away nearly immediately, and even the earth is cracked and dead. This is some serious Grade-A roundup.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Captainicus posted:

The was a small stand of trees in the effect. Those trees are gone, not just dead, but gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Gate all diplomats visiting Acco must walk through.

This is a good idea.