Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's the point. It's Ric purposefully doing a slightly off impression of himself and it's great.

No i mean, Flair is sad as gently caress to me right now and like the other guy said he totally wasnt on the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DoctorGonzo posted:

No i mean, Flair is sad as gently caress to me right now and like the other guy said he totally wasnt on the joke.

That's the joke. It's a Ric Flair impersonator, so it's not the real Ric Flair.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

If you seriously think Ric wasn't in on the joke then holy poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you seriously think Ric wasn't in on the joke then holy poo poo.

Yeah the Ric Flair that go so pissed in the swerved show that his daughter calmed him down is totally on the joke on the weird wwe youtube show.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
How do you think they wrangled him into a loving recording booth (might I remind you, a locked up box with a mic right on front of him) and made them say "no I'm really not Ric Flair, seriously, I'm not" without telling him why the gently caress he was doing that, and how do you equate that to an actual prank show where people aren't supposed to be in on the joke?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sex Ferguson Lives

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dias posted:

How do you think they wrangled him into a loving recording booth (might I remind you, a locked up box with a mic right on front of him) and made them say "no I'm really not Ric Flair, seriously, I'm not" without telling him why the gently caress he was doing that, and how do you equate that to an actual prank show where people aren't supposed to be in on the joke?

They paid him to read the lines?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah the Ric Flair that go so pissed in the swerved show that his daughter calmed him down is totally on the joke on the weird wwe youtube show.

Which daughter?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

You are really, really dense.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

Which daughter?

Charlotte

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You are really, really dense.

forget it

PAIGE PAIGE PAIGE!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Clearly someone unaffiliated who wouldn't be in on the joke

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Where is the goddamn southpaw shirt on shop.wwe!?!?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DoctorGonzo posted:

forget it

PAIGE PAIGE PAIGE!

Do you think she was in on the joke, Dr.?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Also Impressive Pelvis Wesley needs to do a run in at mania~~!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

Do you think she was in on the joke, Dr.?

No friend, i dont think so.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cena's reaction to Impressive Pelvis Wesley's gyrations was amazing

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just finished watching the videos and I loved it! At first I was bummed that they were only short youtube videos, but it was actually the perfect length. If they do make a full length show they'll have to add in some small dingy studio matches in front of kids and old people.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mods please change my name to SEA CREATURE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is everything I hoped. The short length is perfect for them, and everyone is just so clearly loving this stupid poo poo that the product itself is some of the best produced in this context.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I just finished watching the videos and I loved it! At first I was bummed that they were only short youtube videos, but it was actually the perfect length. If they do make a full length show they'll have to add in some small dingy studio matches in front of kids and old people.

Yea the only better thing would be them straight up doing some poo poo-tier tiny studio matches to a crowd peppered with confused kids and people who saw a "WRESTLING" sign and said 'huh, neat' before wandering in.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope they do a pop up show somewhere.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DoctorGonzo posted:

drat, I figured you just pretended to be stupid.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why would Ric be in on the joke? That was a paid Ric Flair impersonator.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if anything Ric was probably pissed that some hack impersonator was getting his payday. That guy couldn't even do a good 'wooo'.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i wonder who played sea ceature. that gotta be kane.

EDIT: big kas also feels like another choice, who played the guy who summoned him?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

AsInHowe posted:

It's Ric, who has no real idea of what he is being asked to do and doesn't really get the whole thing.
I know it would probably be in poor taste and Cody would throw a fit, but I wish they got Dean to do an ad with his Dusty impression

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

I know it would probably be in poor taste and Cody would throw a fit, but I wish they got Dean to do an ad with his Dusty impression

yea Dusty would have 100% been a better fit but...yea probably a bad plan to go that way for just so many reasons. Luckily Roman can do such a good Ric impression!

edit: I keep giggling at 'my right arm may be dead because you somehow squandered up the money to send Greg Valentine to my trailer to put me in an armbar for two and a half hours'

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cyron posted:

i wonder who played sea ceature. that gotta be kane.

EDIT: big kas also feels like another choice, who played the guy who summoned him?

breezey

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm not sure who the hairy luchador was and I'm okay with that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Tex Ferguson is incredible hahaha. Gallows definitely seems like a funny guy, which is humorous because The Club is super boring.

To live in a world where The Old Day skit never happened. I think if Gallows and Anderson never did The Old Day skit and dialed back the silliest maybe one or two notches they woulda hit their niche. Instead it's back to Bald Badass (I guess) Bullies where all they do is call people nerds and maybe give them a wedgie or push them in the mud.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

".......call me back, Sarah.... :smith:"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I actually really love the bit of their champion being some dude with no charisma at all.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm not sure who the hairy luchador was and I'm okay with that.

I read somewhere that it was Luke Harper.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
SRW is the best thing in wrestling and is probably going to get my vote for best show of the year. I'm totally ok with this.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The_Rob posted:

I actually really love the bit of their champion being some dude with no charisma at all.

Hey, that "some dude with no charisma at all" was TJ Perkins, so... yeah, you nailed it. Not a big stretch for TJP.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Kvantum posted:

Hey, that "some dude with no charisma at all" was TJ Perkins, so... yeah, you nailed it. Not a big stretch for TJP.

TJP is good, and has always been good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

drat hippies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The_Rob posted:

TJP is good, and has always been good.

He's actually bad.

• Locked thread