Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

I love how they say that volcanic activity leads to cooling, but the densest cluster of major eruptions is where the temperature is rising the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Stolen from the auspol thread

any time now

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

jeebus bob posted:

All of those things taste good though :confused:

Black licorice is the single most horrifying flavor mankind has ever produced.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Only if you're a literal baby.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ToxicSlurpee posted:

shut the gently caress up and never speak again, you freak. you weirdo. you piece of poo poo. gently caress you. non-black licorice is literally a toxic slurpee you sack of poo poo. gently caress!

there is only one true licorice and it burns your tongue and grinds the skin off your gums. anything less than 20% ammonium chloride is for babies and bunnies. you might as well put pickled jalapenos on your food like a basic dadbod normcore fartlord.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, all those creamsicle-flavoured sweets.

You mean like creamsicles? There are taffies and stuff flavored like that too

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Put some salt on that poo poo and we're talking.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/842937332236013569

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Put some salt on that poo poo and we're talking.

Black liquorice is a terrible sweet and a really good savoury. Black jellybeans are legit the worst possible introduction to liquorice as a flavour.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Can someone add more red arrows to this please?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Powaqoatse posted:

:ocelot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:swoon:

finally it makes sense!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

spice back and forth forever

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Powaqoatse posted:

shut the gently caress up and never speak again, you freak. you weirdo. you piece of poo poo. gently caress you. non-black licorice is literally a toxic slurpee you sack of poo poo. gently caress!

there is only one true licorice and it burns your tongue and grinds the skin off your gums. anything less than 20% ammonium chloride is for babies and bunnies. you might as well put pickled jalapenos on your food like a basic dadbod normcore fartlord.

i like salmiakki as well, but i don't pretend that i am anything other than human detritus, to be swept away in the coming cleansing fires.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Powaqoatse posted:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Powaqoatse posted:

In Germany licorice gets more popular and people get more and more invested in it the more north you get, it's no wonder a Dane would go off the rails like this :p

Whereas we in the south literally call it “bear poo poo“ and view it as a weird sweet for children with a broken palate, how does that make you feel? :grin:

e: for real though, I used to date a girl from Kiel and she was always raving about licorice and how we in the south don't know what's good for us but when she made me taste some it was merely... ok?

System Metternich has a new favorite as of 11:28 on Mar 18, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I believe licorice is one of those genetic shibboleths for identifying inferior human stock.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

System Metternich posted:

In Germany licorice gets more popular and people get more and more invested in it the more north you get, it's no wonder a Dane would go off the rails like this :p

Whereas we in the south literally call it “bear poo poo“ and view it as a weird sweet for children with a broken palate, how does that make you feel? :grin:

e: for real though, I used to date a girl from Kiel and she was always raving about licorice and how we in the south don't know what's good for us but when she made me taste some it was merely... ok?

Here in Holland it's always fun to make foreign visitors who want to know about the local culture and food eat salty licorice. The look on their faces is indescribable.

If they survive that, THEN it's time to get out the stroopwafels.

I think one time I had a Korean person LIKING salty licorice. That was surprising.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

Here in Holland it's always fun to make foreign visitors who want to know about the local culture and food eat salty licorice. The look on their faces is indescribable.

If they survive that, THEN it's time to get out the stroopwafels.

The national equivalent of "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best ".

Time for a classic now that the obsolete tech thread is back at reminiscing over mp3 players:

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica

steinrokkan posted:

I believe licorice is one of those genetic shibboleths for identifying inferior human stock.

No. That would be lactose-intolerance

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Laserjet 4P posted:

Time for a classic now that the obsolete tech thread is back at reminiscing over mp3 players:

Man, that's a lot of experience. I think.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Dissociative Donut posted:

Adult lactase production is the mutant variant, though

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Dissociative Donut posted:

Wow racism much

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GenericOverusedName posted:

Adult lactase production is the mutant variant, though

Mutations are progress.

The superman of tomorrow hates licorice, likes parsley, isn't lactose intolerant, and has no problems with gluten.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Mar 18, 2017

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

steinrokkan posted:

Mutations are progress.

The superman of tomorrow hates licorice, likes parsley, isn't lactose intolerant, and has no problems with gluten.

Yes, yes, but what about cilantro? Is he one of those people that thinks it tastes like soap?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's what I meant by parsley.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well you just lost your claim to superman of tomorrow.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Venusian Weasel posted:

I love how they say that volcanic activity leads to cooling, but the densest cluster of major eruptions is where the temperature is rising the most.

Almost all of the ones on the chart are during an upswing or right before an upswing. Both "volcanic eruptions cause global warming" or "cooler than average climate causes volcanoes :haw:" are more logical takeaways from that chart than what they're asserting.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

steinrokkan posted:

Coffee, known for being universally reviled.

People don't drink coffee for the taste

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I wouldn't be drinking coffee for caffeine if I didn't like the taste, there are tasteless caffeine pills that I could buy for much less.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do you drink it black?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Depends on the flavor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Do you drink it black?
When I make it, yes. When I order coffee in a cafe or similar, I tend to deviate to straight espresso, black coffee with espresso shots, Turkish coffee, and other fancy kinds of plain strong coffee.

E: 4-5 tablespoons per mug (some 300 ml?) if that's relevant.

cinci zoo sniper has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Mar 20, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I do

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Ban this sick filth

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That chart was basically bitter=bad

I was trying to joke about how there will be people that dump a gallon of sugar into their coffee.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That chart was basically bitter=bad

I was trying to joke about how there will be people that dump a gallon of sugar into their coffee.
Oh yeah, Americans exist.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

And we're going to remind all you gaijin nerds every chance we get

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I thought someone did some digging and his church was actually really tolerant of the gays and the Muslims and the other heathen sinners, and noone actually had any evidence of his viewpoints. Or was that another guy?