Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/842808737899335680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

When Sea Creature pins Big Bartholomew, he will take off his mask to reveal Roman Reigns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Max Landis should be banned from the forum imo. WRESTLE WRESTLE is fine and all but the guy is such an rear end in a top hat.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I'm weirdly annoyed that this isn't on the Network anywhere. Is there a legal reason? I'm not saying I wish it was exclusively on the network, I just want it listed in the "vault" with no explanation.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

try the new taco place posted:

I'm weirdly annoyed that this isn't on the Network anywhere. Is there a legal reason? I'm not saying I wish it was exclusively on the network, I just want it listed in the "vault" with no explanation.

The reason is this is something a bunch of wrestlers did for fun, and it shows.

If it were on the network, someone would have to attempt to make Vince understand it, and that would be absolutely impossible.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Platypus Farm posted:

The reason is this is something a bunch of wrestlers did for fun, and it shows.

If it were on the network, someone would have to attempt to make Vince understand it, and that would be absolutely impossible.

Yeah, I don't know how Vince could understand anythinh about making fun of Southern wrestling.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah, I don't know how Vince could understand anythinh about making fun of Southern wrestling.

I think you're giving too much credit to him being able to see that it's MAKING FUN OF southern wrestling, and not, in fact, glorifying it at the expense of his beautiful brand.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

The Sea Creature reveal was astounding, like the Teijo Khan video.

As I pointed out in another thread, the SEA CREATURE reveal was exactly how Kevin Sullivan brought The Purple Haze into Florida, and how Synn brought in Leviathan (Batista) in OVW.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Also it's technically an ad for KFC so they probably just want it on YouTube, they're might be some agreement to keep it only there

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I hope we never see matches, just the before and after of matches. Guys come to the ring, the video jumps (or the match is taped over), and we come back to the aftermath of the match.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

exploded mummy posted:

The problem is that if he knew about it he would come up with ideas and someone would have to Vince McMahon "No" for the sake of preserving some poo poo the boys did when they were bored

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the best part of these comedy shorts is that self proclaimed comedian dolph ziggler was not there to ruin them

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Because as sponsored content for KFC (which is clearly what it is being greenlit as) they need it to be as accessible as possible. Thus the YouTube channel. As for why it wouldn't also be put on the network? I guess so that they can have easy numbers to give to KFC in terms of return or the deal with KFC is only for the YouTube broadcast.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

WOOO Crispy

WOOO Tangy

WOOO Honey Mustard

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

OK I changed my mind Southpaw is bad

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This was great. 9/10. Only loses a point because I got douche chills whenever Cena would channel Ron Burgundy. He sounded so much like the old lovely AWA announcers that it would have been way funnier had be just played it straight. They need to do more of these.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MotU posted:

the best part of these comedy shorts is that self proclaimed comedian dolph ziggler was not there to ruin them

Yeah but John Cena was.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Cena wasn't that bad all the people involved made that a funny little watch.

I hope it becomes a thing because it's pretty funny

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

whos chet chetetrson

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

handsome only face posted:

whos chet chetetrson

Me.

Serious: Fandango.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

handsome only face posted:

whos chet chetetrson

One of the best managers of the early eighties, unfortunately his life caught up with him and SRW put him in the booth on color where he slowly deteriorated to where he was in the tapes.

Oh, you meant who was playing him, Fandango, I think.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gallows and Anderson aren't overly laugh out loud funny but their faux confidence promos are literally perfect.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Chett Chetterfield is my spirit animal.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Cena was one of the best parts of the entire thing what are you guys smoking?

I miss my father

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rusev and Lana could totally do the southern good boys, they are awesome.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rusev and Lana could totally do the southern good boys, they are awesome.

Needs to grow that hair back out.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Paulocaust posted:

Gallows and Anderson aren't overly laugh out loud funny but their faux confidence promos are literally perfect.
I actually laughed out loud at Tex Ferguson narrating how Freddie Blassie bit his eye out and Greg Valentine put him in an armbar for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. :colbert:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

Cena was one of the best parts of the entire thing what are you guys smoking?

I miss my father

He was very good when he wasn't trying to ruin it by going over the top. The funniest parts where when they played it straight. Like the guy in the thread said earlier, dial it back about 5% and I could watch this every week.

frankenfreak posted:

I actually laughed out loud at Tex Ferguson narrating how Freddie Blassie bit his eye out and Greg Valentine put him in an armbar for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. :colbert:

Oh yeah I definitely laughed out loud at them a few times I'm just saying they weren't as funny as they are completely dead on in their impersonations of 0 charisma hosses that just faked confidence in their promos.

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 18, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also add white trash Alexa, holy crap

https://vimeo.com/75053070

https://vimeo.com/75053069

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 18, 2017

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The specific purpose, in my own mind, of The Network is "it isn't on youtube". If it's on youtube already, why should I give a single solitary gently caress?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like Southpaw is also a cool stress reliever for the guys and gals too. It's totally voluntary, lets them have fun with each other, and has 100% no risk of injury.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love the lucha segment. Its a pretty good parody of a lot of amateurish vignettes that have appeared over time. I still crack up just thinking about the "mysterioso..." line.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like Southpaw is also a cool stress reliever for the guys and gals too. It's totally voluntary, lets them have fun with each other, and has 100% no risk of injury.

Tell that to poor Tex Ferguson. :colbert:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why are we not talking about surf dudes with attitudes?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/842496722198827009/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

Why are we not talking about surf dudes with attitudes?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

"Hanging 10 and highing 5"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

You're good people.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Change my name to Dr. Chris Armstrong Smith The Third.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also add white trash Alexa, holy crap

https://vimeo.com/75053070

I almost want them to do another episode but just have the Revival there as themselves, same gimmick as in NXT, just no hashtag mentions and have Cena putting them over as 'innovative high flyers'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Jericho should just become Clint Bobski full time.

• Locked thread