Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Didn't work for that Z league MMA fighter with no legs.

Counterpoint: Sean Sherk has no arms and was lightweight champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Snowman_McK posted:

Counterpoint: Sean Sherk has no arms and was lightweight champion.

Countercounterpoint: Sean Sherk was so spundly beaten at range kickboxing by the smallest lightweight of all time Frankie Edgar he ran from a piss test while screaming and shirtless.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lid posted:

Countercounterpoint: Sean Sherk was so spundly beaten at range kickboxing by the smallest lightweight of all time Frankie Edgar he ran from a piss test while screaming and shirtless.

One of my favorite tweets ever

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1899346792

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's when I started liking Frankie Edgar. Then he fought Bendo too many times.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lid posted:

Countercountercounterpoint: he actually managed to outbox Nick Diaz. But Nick Diaz out wrestled him. Man, that was a loving weird fight.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

are tonight's fights not a fox broadcast?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cyber Dog posted:

Nope, gotta pay the big bald man my dude

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i kinda like manuwa bet every time i see his name i think of a sopranos character saying "manure"

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i kinda like manuwa bet every time i see his name i think of a sopranos character saying "manure"

every time I see the lhw division I hear a veritable chorus of voices saying "manure"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cyber Dog posted:

There are fights tonight?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are fights tonight?

I'm trying to figure out at what time they start.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

I'm trying to figure out at what time they start.

Fight pass prelims start at 1:30 PM ET, who knows what that is in whatever godless, blasted heathen hellscape you may or may not live in

Fight pass main card starts at 5:00 PM ET

try this: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight pass prelims start at 1:30 PM ET, who knows what that is in whatever godless, blasted heathen hellscape you may or may not live in

Fight pass main card starts at 5:00 PM ET

try this: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

thanks much.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The nelson/jewbane fight looks good.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ian Entwistle was pulled, probably because his weight cut was awful

https://streamable.com/lv8ms

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

tumor looking batty posted:

The nelson/jewbane fight looks good.

It's the most interesting one. I want Alan to win but I don't think he will. Terrible matchup for him but hopefully he can hurt Nelson early. Fast TKO or else he's going to get subbed

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Here's a thread. Sorry it's late.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813874

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

LobsterMobster posted:

More like Spentwistle.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who the gently caress is corey overtime anderson

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Work Friend Keven posted:

Who the gently caress is corey overtime anderson

Beastin' at time and a half.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
with the approval of a supervisor

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

didn't you start watching MMA because of Conor?

Don't think so, I'm by no means a conor obsessive. I started watching mid way through pride and slipped in and back out over the years. Though Lawler - MacDonald 2 was when I really got back into things and yes, that was on a Conor card.

Lots of lovely twitter level takes about reach in the thread, yes obviously its important but its not the only factor in a fight. Will a better fighter with a reach advantage use a reach advantage effectively? Yes. Will a better fighter without a reach advantage find ways to overcome another fighters reach advantage? Yes. Duh, no poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Southpaugh posted:

Will a better fighter without a reach advantage find ways to overcome another fighters reach advantage?

How are you deciding who is the better fighter as distinct from their physical qualities?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

LobsterMobster posted:

That there is a dead man walkin'.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Southpaugh posted:

Lots of lovely twitter level takes about reach in the thread, yes obviously its important but its not the only factor in a fight.

well this just cant be true

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Southpaugh posted:

Don't think so, I'm by no means a conor obsessive. I started watching mid way through pride and slipped in and back out over the years. Though Lawler - MacDonald 2 was when I really got back into things and yes, that was on a Conor card.

Lots of lovely twitter level takes about reach in the thread, yes obviously its important but its not the only factor in a fight. Will a better fighter with a reach advantage use a reach advantage effectively? Yes. Will a better fighter without a reach advantage find ways to overcome another fighters reach advantage? Yes. Duh, no poo poo.

wow can I know more, and I hope you overcome your mma relapses

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Southpaugh posted:

The quarterback isn't the most important.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
there's a fight today?? :stare:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

that was icihbahn

Nah I'm the bjj guy who posted his disgust at people slamming people into concrete in jiujitsu tournaments.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/843175099620507648

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

maffew buildings posted:

wow can I know more, and I hope you overcome your mma relapses

Thank you for the poo poo post.

Edit: Thank you all for the poo poo posts.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 19, 2017

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

but its not the only factor in a fight.

I mean fists aren't even an advantage. You've got to remember to hit people with them.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

reach beats strength
speed beats reach
strength beats speed

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

woozy pawsies posted:

reach beats strength
speed beats reach
strength beats speed

hahaha

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

woozy pawsies posted:

reach beats strength
speed beats reach
strength beats speed

:lol:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Corey "Beastin' Samson" Anderson

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When Corey went down I was surprised Manuwa didn't follow him to the ground because it didn't look that hard at first. Great call though, dude was brain dead.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

EmmyOk posted:

When Corey went down I was surprised Manuwa didn't follow him to the ground because it didn't look that hard at first. Great call though, dude was brain dead.

what are you talking about man he fell like he had every bone punched out of his body lol

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
One Punch Manuwa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He didn't so much fall as it looked like the entire world revolved around him and his soul split into eight different cardinal directions, including some previously undiscovered ones.

• Locked thread