Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ronnie posted:

Bring back Michael Jackson! ...oh wait... Bring back the guy who wrote songs for Dreams Come True!

They already have to pay that dude royalties every time they use classic Green Hill Zone music, to the point I would believe that the constant use of Seaside Hill imagery and music over the past decade was deliberate in an attempt to make it the standard visual people think of when they think of "First Sonic Level" instead of using Green Hill Zone assets.

Because otherwise you'd expect the classic music to go with the classic level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why can't they just use Emerald Hill instead?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Why can't they just use Emerald Hill instead?

I think the Dreams Come True guy also did the music for that and the rest (?) of Sonic 2 as well.

And Sonic 3's soundtrack is just a minefield nobody at SEGA wants to attempt to cross outside of like the first stage and some other tracks.

Like any HD remake in the same vein as CD or 2 would have to use like, the PC Sonic 3 soundtrack or an all new one instead.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm so pure i don't like any 3d sonics.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mr Phillby posted:

What didn't you like about Sonic's characterization? Genuinely interested, as STC sonic is like my favorite incarnation of the character, although did read them as a kid so nostalgia may pay a factor there. It's refreshing to me that they didn't shy away from him being a bit of a prick, he really felt like a character with an attitude rather than a character with 'attitude'.

He's just thoroughly unlikable. Maybe he becomes more nuanced in the later stories, but I can't get through those early ones where he's being an rear end in a top hat for the sake of being an rear end in a top hat to his friends.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm so pure i don't like any 3d sonics.

Same, knuckles chaotix is the last sonic release as far as I'm concerned.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

He's so fast, i want to be fast too

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Augus posted:

I hope there's a 2D version of Pumpkin Hill

i was trying to find a Genesis style remix of pumpkin hill's music on youtube but i found this instead so now everyone else has to listen to it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6_v4cxq3g

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Hands up if you would do Sonic music karaoke. :wave:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ronnie posted:

I would, although if I was going to go with my favourite vocal tracks I'd either have to get the hang of the scat bit at the end of E.G.G.M.A.N. or find someone to duet with on Lazy Days.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 18, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faf9hMAqCfs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ronnie posted:

Would? Already do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Same, knuckles chaotix is the last sonic release as far as I'm concerned.

my man.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

TFRazorsaw posted:

He's just thoroughly unlikable. Maybe he becomes more nuanced in the later stories, but I can't get through those early ones where he's being an rear end in a top hat for the sake of being an rear end in a top hat to his friends.
Never really bothered me, but I guess I came to STC off reading poo poo like the Beano. British kids comics from that era did skew heavily towards unlikable characters especially for comedy.

I love STC but I really wouldn't recommend reading all of it, if you ever give it another shot look up stuff specifically written but not drawn by Nigel Kitching, written by Lew Stringer, or (especially) drawn by Richard Elson.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ronnie posted:

:wave:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God I hope the Forces theme tune is also the final boss music. I love uplifting boss themes and the instrumental version sounds like it'll be just that.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sonic Forces Special Edition is gonna be sick

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sonic Special Forces.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mr Phillby posted:

Never really bothered me, but I guess I came to STC off reading poo poo like the Beano. British kids comics from that era did skew heavily towards unlikable characters especially for comedy.

I love STC but I really wouldn't recommend reading all of it, if you ever give it another shot look up stuff specifically written but not drawn by Nigel Kitching, written by Lew Stringer, or (especially) drawn by Richard Elson.

I really just don't let that kind of character. But I just don't care at all for that approach to the character. I don't think it'd change for me even with the later stuff.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There's a difference between a dude with a 'tude and "Jesus Christ, what crawled up your rear end?" and British rear end in a top hat Sonic is more the latter.

Anyway, speaking of questionable Pumpkin Hill renditions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB_113RWi9s

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sonic Special Forces.

Sonic... With a gun??

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

triggered

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I liked that stage because it had awesome music and neat gimmicks. The badnik placement is Dark Souls before Dark Souls, though.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had to listen to it fifty times on repeat to be sure, but the Forces theme tune is shaping up to be a solid contender for my favourite Sonic theme music yet.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 19, 2017

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I had to listen to it fifty times on repeat to be sure, but the Forces theme tune is shaping up to be a solid contender for my favourite Sonic theme music yet.

its so good, i want to listen to the full version yesterday

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I liked that stage because it had awesome music and neat gimmicks. The badnik placement is Dark Souls before Dark Souls, though.

One act too many, though. :(

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Chieves posted:

One act too many, though. :(

Act 3 was gonna be its own level originally, but they ran out of time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
tails' hand is freaking me out

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

when it's 8am and you haven't had your chaos emeralds yet

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania music guy) did a Forces theme remix to a more classic style, neat to hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSA5-SkTGg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd like to see Tee Lopes and Jake Kaufman collab on something

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Great song. Tell me why tell me why Sonic's cool? Cuz he's fast and stuff like thaa-aaat

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/Sonic/videos/10155118953812418/ Sonic Social media continiue to be ON loving POINT

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Kikas posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Sonic/videos/10155118953812418/ Sonic Social media continiue to be ON loving POINT

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

I never really liked the 2d Sonic games, (give me a Adventure 3 any day)

this comment gave me aids.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

this comment gave me aids.

Seriously, why do some fans seem to think that just calling a game Sonic Adventure 3 would automatically make it good (hell, '06 is already basically SA3 in all but name and the lack of a Chao Garden and look how that turned out)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 24, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Larryb posted:

Seriously, why do some fans seem to think that just calling a game Sonic Adventure 3 would automatically make it good (hell, '06 is already basically SA3 in all but name and look how that turned out)?

I just want an updated Chao Garden.