Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

sleepin 25/8

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

50 to 60 hours of beastin' per week is just not enough beastin' to win consistently.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
that was a hell of a punch

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That was fuckin brutal.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i thought rumble was fighting in 2 weeks time?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
thank you for not making me watch 25 minutes of that fight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think all that overtime is wearing him down

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Nice punch

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also commentary missed the first punch that hurt Anderson completely. He got clipped and dropped to one knee and they thought he was going for a takedown.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

slev posted:

sleepin 25/8

lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

Also commentary missed the first punch that hurt Anderson completely. He got clipped and dropped to one knee and they thought he was going for a takedown.

I saw it that way too.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Manuwa Vs David Haye would make as many headlines as well... not much.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Gunnar nelson..... is good

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

yeah. he's not bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

he is. he'd still lose to rick story 50% of the time imo but ww isn't as full of wrestle boxers as it used to be. he'd have sick fights against condit, cerrone, masvidal. he'd have a tedious fight against wonderboy and lawler would straight up kill him but he's good.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

he is. he'd still lose to rick story 50% of the time imo but ww isn't as full of wrestle boxers as it used to be. he'd have sick fights against condit, cerrone, masvidal. he'd have a tedious fight against wonderboy and lawler would straight up kill him but he's good.

I think so too. Its crazy how bad Maia whipped his rear end

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

reminder that ko artist and p4p raneked ggg fights maybe the number 2 / 3 guy at middleweight (not counting canelo, because you shouldn't) daniel jacobs and the also p4p ranked roman gonzalez is his co-main. it's extremely high level poo poo and will absolutely not be boring. if you're not yet done with fights this evening, come on over to the boxing thread.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

maia is loving scary in like a rumble way or as inri would say the wme hr department way

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Anderson got the spirit knocked clean out of his body. He fell like a dead guy.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

manyak posted:

If anything I think it showed how good Nelson's bjj is that he was able to survive through a grappling heavy fight with Maia.

Shields vs Nelson would actually be intetesting...

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Maia really beat the poo poo out of Nelson. It was getting hard to watch towards the end because Nelson was just good enough to not get finished and basically nothing else.

Apologies for ever doubting you David.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Maia really beat the poo poo out of Nelson. It was getting hard to watch towards the end because Nelson was just good enough to not get finished and basically nothing else.

Apologies for ever doubting you David.

Maia has always just schooled people that didn't have enough defensive grappling to keep it standing. After the Rory fight it seems like he put a lot more work in his takedowns and his single is just ridiculous these days. In USADA era UFC he is just too strong for most everyone at 170. I really can't wait to see him in the cage again, and honestly I wish I could really see him vs Woodley.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A sublime cautionary tale about the dangers of slacking on your Beastin' regimen.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alan Jouban has a one inch reach advantage over Gunnar Nelson.
Corey Anderson has a half-inch reach advantage over Jimi Manuwa.

Take that, statistics :smugdog:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
pretty much every one of those fights were fun and entertaining except the one featuring the odious Francimar Barroso, who wished on a monkey's paw for a BJJ black belt and then got submitted by Nikita Krylov

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maia is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Zzulu posted:

Maia is extremely good

• Locked thread