Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

CPL593H posted:

That's pretty cool that it has alternate cover art for The Fourth Album. Also, the last goddamn thing I ever want to know is how much money I've ever spent on records.

Apparently the cover was to keep things on the dl for some reason not to run afoul of the government at the tine. Listening to it right now. It is absolutely a fantastic pressing. Like M- or VG+ easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Don't mind the dump.

Ennio Morricone - The Thing.

Death - "Scream Bloody Gore".

Khemmis - Hunted.

Crypt Sermon - Out of the Garden.

Blood Incantation - Starspawn.

Mortals - Cursed to See the Future.

Yob - Atma.

Cultes des Ghoules - Coven.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That Khemmis album is rad

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
It's about time they reissued The Thing soundtrack.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Swamp Green CdG? heh scrub. :smug:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CPL593H posted:

Didn't take long to get snatched up by third party sellers though. Didn't even know about it till last week.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Danny LaFever posted:

Swamp Green CdG? heh scrub. :smug:

drat. You don't know how long I agonized over which color to get, either.

CPL593H posted:

I was figuring Death Waltz would probably be the one to do it, too, since they've done a number of Carpenter releases.

Gin and Juche posted:

Didn't take long to get snatched up by third party sellers though. Didn't even know about it till last week.

I guess I was lucky to grab one when I did. If I had waited until I got home from work I would have missed out. So many people were pissed on the Waxworks Facebook page that they missed their chance. Like, irrationally angry.

It's a nice release, too. I was planning on grabbing the fancy edition, thinking it would be maybe $10 more than the normal version. Nope. $70. For an admittedly cool slip case, a booklet with an interview with Carpenter, and a different color vinyl. Wasn't really worth more than double the price.

Totally forgot about the poster that came with it.

I think I need to throw the disc on now. It's perfect timing considering the storm going on outside.

Hot Diggity! posted:

That Khemmis album is rad

Both of their albums are great, but Hunted is an excellent follow-up.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
Can anyone explain to me why there are so many copies of Tatsuro Yamashita's "Spacy" on eBay right now, but none at affordable prices? It's not even his best album.

My collection is also starting to get a little weird to flip through, ideologically.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah, Renaldo and the Loaf.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MNSNTZR posted:

Can anyone explain to me why there are so many copies of Tatsuro Yamashita's "Spacy" on eBay right now, but none at affordable prices? It's not even his best album.

My collection is also starting to get a little weird to flip through, ideologically.

current 93 ftw

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

Lame.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Looks like most of them ended up on discogs and so far nobody is buying them. Hopefully this means that'll make the the prices drop. There's already a bunch of copies that are barely priced above retail.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

MNSNTZR posted:

Dancer's been sampled a bunch, Everything's Berri put it on the dusty fingers radars.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CPL593H posted:

Looks like most of them ended up on discogs and so far nobody is buying them. Hopefully this means that'll make the the prices drop. There's already a bunch of copies that are barely priced above retail.

Yeah that's my plan. Last I checked they were trying to sell them at the same price as the original copies

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Looking at the cover of the Crypt Sermon record there, it's just so completely weird that the background is green and pleasant and under a blue sky---like, yeah, I see the skull castle and the carvings in the cliff face and the hooded knight, and there's probably a bunch of corpses or something that I overlooked, but it's just so odd seeing those colors on a record by any sort of band who's got drippy letters in their band name.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Got a record I have been waiting a while to get. German press of The Fantastic Plastic Machine!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detective Thompson posted:

drat. You don't know how long I agonized over which color to get, either.

Swamp green does seem fitting for witches but I decided the only appropriate colours for this album were black or blue. At least you didn't get a the red or pic disk.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Danny LaFever posted:

Swamp green does seem fitting for witches but I decided the only appropriate colours for this album were black or blue. At least you didn't get a the red or pic disk.

Does literally anyone like picture discs?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought one pic disc because the art was rad

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Allen Wren posted:

I like my holographic force awakens ones I guess.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Dogen posted:

I like my holographic force awakens ones I guess.

I'm a big dumb Star Wars nerd and own several Star Wars picture discs. Including the Story of Star Wars which owns.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Found some cool poo poo:

Found all of these in the free bin at the front of the store:

I've managed to avoid Jimmy Buffet all my life, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate this but what the gently caress, I'll take a chance on free Jimmy Buffett.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jimmy is great, embrace it

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
nice jimmy pulls, much respect

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I've managed to avoid Jimmy Buffet all my life, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate this but what the gently caress, I'll take a chance on free Jimmy Buffett.

I would have taken them so I could throw them in the trash and be satisfied in the knowledge that I removed a few copies of his albums from circulation.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Looking at the cover of the Crypt Sermon record there, it's just so completely weird that the background is green and pleasant and under a blue sky---like, yeah, I see the skull castle and the carvings in the cliff face and the hooded knight, and there's probably a bunch of corpses or something that I overlooked, but it's just so odd seeing those colors on a record by any sort of band who's got drippy letters in their band name.

It is pretty scenery, even with the foreboding elements, which I think works with their style of doom and lyrical themes they have. It would work as a great opening shot for a Crusader-era set horror movie. And I like that the logo isn't dripping with blood or whatever, but candle wax.

Danny LaFever posted:

The art on the picture discs is nice, at least. It's all stuff from the play book, but expanded a bit.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I would have taken them so I could throw them in the trash and be satisfied in the knowledge that I removed a few copies of his albums from circulation.

Same. Parrotheads are the worst subculture of baby boomer.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Allen Wren posted:

Liked em when I was younger now I can't stand them. Regular black 180gram for me thx.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

caligulamprey posted:

minivanmegafun posted:

Same. Parrotheads are the worst subculture of baby boomer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jimmy-buffett-to-open-margaritaville-retirement-communities-w470492

You could always stick them in your yard so burglars would know you don't own anything worth stealing.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Where the heck do you all live where there are enough hardcore Jimmy Buffet fans to call it a subculture? I've literally met maybe one or two in New England. I imagine them as fat lazy 60 year olds who always wear Hawaiian shirts.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Smeed posted:

Where the heck do you all live where there are enough hardcore Jimmy Buffet fans to call it a subculture? I've literally met maybe one or two in New England. I imagine them as fat lazy 60 year olds who always wear Hawaiian shirts.

Literally every bar on Maui plays Jimmy Buffet nonstop, and if they aren't, there's a godawful cover band playing it. So bourgeoisie white retirees.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Smeed posted:

they typically migrate to Florida.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Hey, Come Monday is a great song. And Fins is a great guilty pleasure.

I'm sorry. I'll report to the police so I can be locked up in a SuperMax prison.

I feel sorry for the murderers in there, for dealing with me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cemetry Gator posted:

I feel sorry for the murderers in there, for dealing with me.

Don't worry, they put monsters like you in solitary so as not to upset the general populace.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Peas and Rice posted:

Literally every bar on Maui plays Jimmy Buffet nonstop, and if they aren't, there's a godawful cover band playing it. So bourgeoisie white retirees.

They don't take a break for Bob Marley?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Dogen posted:

They don't take a break for Bob Marley?

That's Kauai. :)

Also who the gently caress cares what other people like in their music as long as you don't have to put up with it intruding in your earholes unwanted.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Finally made it through all of Starboy. Can someone explain the acclaim for this album?

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
We lost another great one today, time to complete that Chuck Berry collection. He was 90 years old.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Smeed posted:

They're actually just rich douchebags who get white girl wasted and act like fuckfaces. Every year when Jimmy Buffet plays at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA the fans poo poo all over the parking lot. This is not an issue with any other act or event that comes through there. Jimmy Buffet fans are basically the bros of the boomer generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Parrotheads are cool, and his restaurants have super tasty food and great specials on buckets of beer. The margaritaville on the Vegas strip is one of my favorite joints.