Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

realbez posted:

Ntrabbit you might as well delete me (sharkdogs) from the SuperCoach league. I've lost interest already. I think it will auto delete me if I don't finish my team, but there's no option to delete the account. Websites that won't let you delete accounts are bad imho

Are you saying that the Herald Sun is bad?

e: I remember when I stupidly signed up to their paywall bullshit when they first started it and they were offering 3 months free, the reality soon set in that I'd be giving Rupert my money which I refuse to do. But to cancel the membership even before I'd been charged any money you had to go through this process where you put in a "request" to cancel it. Then someone from their retention department would ring you up and try to get you to stay. She "completely understood" my position of not wanting to give money to a Bond villain and then asked how I'd feel instead about transferring my membership to some other papers also owned by Rupert. Very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah in the contact us page if you click 'cancellation request' it won't let you submit a ticket and tells you instead to call their 1300 number. It's a free account but I have to call, ok. So I just made all my details in it fake, that'll do.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Well, Collingwood has to either win or get a really high score while losing in order for Melbourne to make the grand final.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

Well, Collingwood has to either win or get a really high score while losing in order for Melbourne to make the grand final.
Yep. Even with a 1 point loss they need to get a higher score than anyone has ever gotten before today

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Dees gonna get it heard it here first

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

On the one hand I really want Crows to win and then win the Grand Final and for Erin Phillips to win the MVP and the finals MVP, but on the other hand it would kinda feel right for one of the Demons or Bulldogs to be in the first Grand Final.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I don't think I can even remember the last time it felt like there was anything meaningful riding on a game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

I don't think I can even remember the last time it felt like there was anything meaningful riding on a game.

Don't think too hard about it because if you find an example it will probably have ended poorly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Collingwood might want to get the ball out of their defensive 50 at some point in the game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Collingwoods defence is loving sloppy as. Play on out of the back pocket to drop it on the head of the best marking forward in the comp, solid stuff.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Crows must be getting nervous about now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Crows must be getting nervous about now.

Not when collingwoods kickout strategy is "Directly to the nearest unmarked Crows player" 9 times out of 10.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Come on pies

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Might have to take a more serious look at those "Adelaide wins but still finishes 3rd" scenarios.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

snaeksikn posted:

Come on pies

Hey, lets not say things we can't take back.

Solemn Sloth posted:

for fucks sake you useless fucks Collingwood. Sack Buckley already you loving idiots

That's more like it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

for fucks sake you useless fucks Collingwood. Sack Buckley already you loving idiots

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Big bad bustling beautiful goddess Sarah Perkins

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

never rely on Collingwood to do anything right

Perkins is the most Lockett-like player I've seen since Lockett himself

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

The dream is over :(

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Just when you think there's nothing Collingwood could do to make you loving despise those pieces of poo poo even more, they pull this performance out of the hat.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Follow Perkins, neglect the goal line, GG Collingwood.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Umpiring has turned on a dime. Collingwood had the slight rub in the first three (but a lot of that was because Adelaide were going the dumb aggro), but these calls are utterly hosed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Go Lions, crows players are thug idiots.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gently caress you collingwood

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Don't need the radio, sitting right below the commentary boxes, bloody hot here. 33c.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If Melbourne had managed to close up their defence in their game against the Crows last week and not leaked two goals in the final 90 seconds, the percentages would have been

MEL 150.87
ADE 150.81

:argh:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A few days ago, but I just saw this on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-15/aflw-stars-join-multicultural-ambassadors-program

Dyson Heppell - Australian

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
1 goal straight each at half time.

Carlton with a brick wall of defence. Pretty physical game so far, lions better be careful not to get injuries or suspensions. Extended breaks due to the heat.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

If Melbourne had managed to close up their defence in their game against the Crows last week and not leaked two goals in the final 90 seconds, the percentages would have been

MEL 150.87
ADE 150.81

:argh:

well if the dees had stopped one of the goals versus gws they would have won and been in the GF vOv

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Go Crows :toot:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-15/aflw-stars-join-multicultural-ambassadors-program

Lmbo

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

BrigadierSensible posted:

We're selecting multi-cultural ambassadors so here's a White Australian who are super underrepresented in the community and on sporting fields.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Testekill posted:

We're selecting multi-cultural ambassadors so here's a White Australian who are super underrepresented in the community and on sporting fields.

Who is not at all receiving this paid for by AFL house role in some sort of back door deal to avoid legal action

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Just got an email saying tonight's UF draft has been changed to an auto pick draft?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
75k people at Etihad to watch Adelle last night with another concert tonight. Can't wait to see how hosed up the turf is on Saturday.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

tnimark posted:

Just got an email saying tonight's UF draft has been changed to an auto pick draft?

It changed itself and I don't know why, now I can't change it back and still have it on Sunday, now it has to go on at 8pm on Monday

I'm assuming it has something to do with gently caress all people interested in doing fantasy this year

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Ah it looks like it won't let you hold the draft if you have an odd number of teams. Deadline is two hours prior to the draft. So we need someone else to join.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ily Erin Phillips, ily Tex, Go Crows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Perkins to kick 10 including the winner plz

• Locked thread