Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Same except Phillips instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Blues with an amazing comeback in the last quarter, daughter enjoyed her first game. What a great final game to the season. Want Ebony Marinoff to win cause she's da best.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Are we able to join the UF draft 10-15 mins late or does it lock out once it starts? Late getting home now and pushing it for 8pm

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How much are the afl playing Heppell outside the salary cap to be our Aussie Ambassador? :australia:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is a cool photo imo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzqtKtj-BZ/?hl=en

Does instagram not embed or whatever? I don't know how these things work

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

Are we able to join the UF draft 10-15 mins late or does it lock out once it starts? Late getting home now and pushing it for 8pm

The draft is happening tomorrow night now, because when I went in to fix it wouldn't let me keep it on today, so don't hurry. But, if you are late again tomorrow, your team will robodraft based on your pre-draft list until you get there and take over, there's no lock out.

We need a 6th team to stop the thing breaking again same time tomorrow.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
If it's postponed to tomorrow then I can join if needed. I've never played UF so I'll be terrible though!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

We need a 6th team to stop the thing breaking again same time tomorrow.

:siren: JOIN US AND HAVE FUN :siren:

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/588618/

Gonna have to set up my robodraft list tonight cause I wont be able to make it tomorrow night. Should be interesting. We still get like 50 trades during the season, yeah?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Weird Sandwich posted:

If it's postponed to tomorrow then I can join if needed. I've never played UF so I'll be terrible though!

It's basically the same as regular fantasy, except each player can only be on one team, so you have to think a bit more about your bottom half of the team than just selecting the same 10 rookies everyone picks in Supercoach

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

tnimark posted:

Ah it looks like it won't let you hold the draft if you have an odd number of teams. Deadline is two hours prior to the draft. So we need someone else to join.

I've signed up to Good Golden Spoon 5 from last year's continuation but it says there are only 2 people in there. Have I joined the wrong one?
edit: nvm, apparently I have.

But I can't join the right one from the link above, there's no "join" option. Can someone send me an invite link please?

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 19, 2017

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Won't let me join the Ultimatefooty draft?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TG-Chrono posted:

Won't let me join the Ultimatefooty draft?

8pm Monday now, and I still only see 5 teams in the league

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

8pm Monday now, and I still only see 5 teams in the league

yeah i'm trying to be the 6th and there's no join option?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

Gonna have to set up my robodraft list tonight cause I wont be able to make it tomorrow night. Should be interesting. We still get like 50 trades during the season, yeah?

I haven't paid for upgrades so the league is on all default settings, so probably

Forum Joe posted:

But I can't join the right one from the link above, there's no "join" option. Can someone send me an invite link please?

TG-Chrono posted:

yeah i'm trying to be the 6th and there's no join option?

This link should work http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/588618/invitation

e: Worked for both of you, good, now we just need an 8th :v:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 19, 2017

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Ok I've joined as the 8th. This requirement of having even teams is pretty stupid though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think they prefer not to have to deal with adding a bye to the mix, it's easier if everyone faces someone every week

Draft begins in

0 days, 23 hours and 3 minutes
Monday 20 March 2017 at 8:00 PM (AEDT)

If you can't be there, set your robodraft list up when you have the free time! Otherwise it'll go by the default

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 19, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ah poo poo, we need another person then because I just joined

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pow, right in the kisser
https://twitter.com/j_foreigner/status/843386673119485952

Carlton undefeated at home for the 2017 AFLW season!

And from the afl.com match report:

quote:

Five minutes of madness
The match seemed over. The Lions were up by four goals, had full control and the Blues couldn't even get the ball inside 50 until Sarah Hosking kicked a goal against the flow of play halfway through the final term. Katie Loynes put her body on the line and kicked one moments later, before a free kick to Rebecca Privitelli gave the Blues another and suddenly they were within a kick. In a matter of minutes, the Lions were completely up against the wall after they looked like waltzing home in a warm-up for the Grand Final. Darcy Vescio gave it off to Bianca Jakobsson for the goal that levelled the scores with 23 seconds on the clock.
Five minutes of madness is fitting. What a great end to the game, glad we came away with a draw, not even mad at all. After a hard fought first half from both sides resulting in only 1 goal each, it stepped up in intensity from half time onwards.

Vescio had 1 possession in the first three quarters, that is how good the lions defenders were at double and triple teaming her. Ended the game with 8 disposals, 6 kicks, two handballs, two marks and two vital goal assists, mostly within those last 5 minutes. Post match interview with her: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-03-19/postmatch-darcy-vescio

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 19, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Colin Garland is out with an ACL

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Testekill posted:

Ah poo poo, we need another person then because I just joined

Don't worry, we'll find one

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'm obviously very biased, but the Saints vs. Dees looks like it could be the best game of the opening round?

Ess vs. Hawks also interests me for both teams, i'm curious to see where Collingwood are at (and how WB start), and if Adelaide knock off GWS it would surely start waaaaay too early media commentary about both teams.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'll have my dumb ratings on the site tomorrow or Tuesday, but as a preview
Richmond by 5
W Bulldogs by 5
St Kilda by 3 (I'm tipping Melbourne though)
Sydney by 45
Gold Coast by 26
Hawthorn by 55
West Coast by 10
Adelaide by 14
Geelong by 43

(yeah those numbers are a little different to what I just posted on the toots, I had to fix a rounding function)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Also looking forward to Rd 7 with Sydney playing Brisbane at home because the line of that game is Sydney by 102 points.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Windmill Hut posted:

I'm obviously very biased, but the Saints vs. Dees looks like it could be the best game of the opening round?

Sure, assuming you have never seen a game between those two teams before and are instead going on things like ladder position.

St Kilda are going to loving carve us up on the outside yet again, Riewoldt will take 20 marks, and some previously unknown spud will kick 10 goals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Also go tayla harris

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Colin Garland is out with an ACL

Probably curtains on his career realistically. He was only ever going to feature in the seniors this year as a result of injury.

It is going to test our depth a bit down back early, Hibberd and Frost injured, Garland out for the year, traded Dunn out. Really can't afford an injury to TMac/OMac, Joel Smith probably gets a rookie upgrade and thrown in the deep end for a spell.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also go tayla harris

Probably the most petty of reasons to be picking against Brisbane but seeing as the Dogs aren't there, I'm going for Adelaide because Tayla Harris thinks Dustin Martin is a wonderful human being. Plus y'know, Perkins, Marinoff and Phillips with premiership medals will be awesome

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

Yeah, Saints v Des looks the best to me as well (biased of course).

Crows V GWS should be good. Most of the others are a bit lackluster though. Some upsets would make for a very interesting start to the season though. Tigers losing to Carlton and Cats to Freo would throw some real spanners into the works for the losing teams prospects for the season.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I have a feeling round 1 is going to be pretty ugly for us. We might have a patch of play which we serve it up to the Hawks, but otherwise I feel like they're going to run rampant on us.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Freo get fyfe and sandilands back

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

I have a feeling round 1 is going to be pretty ugly for us. We might have a patch of play which we serve it up to the Hawks, but otherwise I feel like they're going to run rampant on us.

Inshallah

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I ran into Tayla Harris on the boundary line while, said hi and good game before she went over to the lions fans and the rest of her team.

She's so short! But then again so is everyone in the aflw competition compared to me afaik.

But Tayla was pretty drat good at times and also attempted a near suicidal/superman-like mark across the boundary line.

5 minutes after the siren.

Last photo is about 15 minutes after the siren.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 19, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dyson Heppell is the ambassador for great flowing locks.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sure, assuming you have never seen a game between those two teams before and are instead going on things like ladder position.

St Kilda are going to loving carve us up on the outside yet again, Riewoldt will take 20 marks, and some previously unknown spud will kick 10 goals.

We love to start well and disappoint in the 3rd round.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

drunkill posted:

I ran into Tayla Harris on the boundary line while, said hi and good game before she went over to the lions fans and the rest of her team.

She's so short! But then again so is everyone in the aflw competition compared to me afaik.

Yeah it's funny working out the difference between the men's and women's height wise. Erin Phillips looks like a big, physically imposing player during games but she is only a centimeter taller than Boomer Harvey.

Meanwhile Harris is listed at 177cm, so she's just over 5'9, I would have had her at 6' or thereabouts from watching games

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

yeah

I know a lot of bomber fans are pretty bullish about it but Hawthorn is always going to be a tough ask

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Interesting video on how the Tigers managed to double their membership despite being poo poo on field. Skip to 10min for the specifics (the start is general info on demographics etc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYbC103roOI

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

yeah

I know a lot of bomber fans are pretty bullish about it but Hawthorn is always going to be a tough ask

It's going to be interesting for both teams.
No Hodge, S. Mitchell or Lewis. The regular season return of Roughead.
And playing against a team that could come out in almost any fashion.

I wouldn't be stunned if Essendon win.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Footballs way easier when you know your team is poo poo and nothing's at stake other than what draftee you get.

I guess what I'm saying is bring on the men's season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ahh the first round of the year, where you can tip both Richmond and Melbourne and not feel foolish.

• Locked thread