Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
so i have two little cousins one is 10 and the other is 7 and my aunt told them they could each say one cuss word and not get in trouble so the older one very politely says “drat” but the younger one stands up on the kitchen table, rips his shirt off and screams “FUUUUUUCCCKKKK” while dive bombing to the floor and my aunt just stood there and stared at him because she couldn’t get mad at him

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

art history "quotes"

This definitely sounds like the kind of things a typical art history student would make up/find funny. When I took it I was one of the only non-"theater kid" people in it and most of the time people were just quoting invader zim etc. I guess this is the more modern version of those people.

Our teacher was a little weird and claimed to have an alien tracking implant embedded in her hand (and later in her head), but she wasn't "teaching, but with Cool Swears and randomness" weird.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This definitely sounds like the kind of things a typical art history student would make up/find funny. When I took it I was one of the only non-"theater kid" people in it and most of the time people were just quoting invader zim etc. I guess this is the more modern version of those people.

Our teacher was a little weird and claimed to have an alien tracking implant embedded in her hand (and later in her head), but she wasn't "teaching, but with Cool Swears and randomness" weird.

The Leonardo thing is very likely stolen from that popular rant about how lovely "The Da Vinci Code" is and why.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This is kind of believable :(

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

What ruins is that "Hanzo" was made verbally and the person writing it down doesn't know the context but still spelled "Hanzo" right.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Catberry posted:

What ruins is that "Hanzo" was made verbally and the person writing it down doesn't know the context but still spelled "Hanzo" right.

Maybe teacher was a Kill Bill fan.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Catberry posted:

The original post (on twitter I think?) actually specified that the teacher spelled it 'hanso' and the child corrected her.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

OK, I give up, could someone explain this?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

hogmartin posted:

OK, I give up, could someone explain this?

It's an Overwatch joke.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Splinter named them as babies, before they would have developed any defining personality traits. Take that, you stupid fake professor!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Hot from the presses.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Captain Monkey posted:

Hot from the presses.

I love poo poo like this because they're laying down burns that would have been lame in junior high, but it's still the best they can come up with

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I was ready to say whats so bad about this until the final line lmao

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah like people in mcdonalds are judging each other.

gently caress, we all know we just want trash burgers.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EDIT: Beaten!

TheMostFrench posted:

This is kind of believable :(

I highly doubt that if the teacher had no idea what "hanzo main" meant, she'd have sent a note home about it. Also the source of the note seems like the type that would make poo poo like this up for the clicks/follows alone.

Source in question,
https://twitter.com/abrekke83/status/842513875337695235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Handsome Ralph has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Mar 17, 2017

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

EDIT: Beaten!

I highly doubt that if the teacher had no idea what "hanzo main" meant, she'd have sent a note home about it. Also the source of the note seems like the type that would make poo poo like this up for the clicks/follows alone.

Source in question,
https://twitter.com/abrekke83/status/842513875337695235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

Best part is this was the second note. She corrected the teacher that it was Hanzo, not Hanso.

:rolleyes:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Captain Monkey posted:

Hot from the presses.

Oh yeah? Well the shut the gently caress up store called, they're running out of you!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I stood silently for a minute and a half, waiting to get to the front of the line and WRECK THIS FUCKER with my filet o fish order

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Captain Monkey posted:

Hot from the presses.

Actually it sounds like that dude DID get served

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oldpainless posted:

Actually it sounds like that dude DID get served

:hellyeah:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
From here - https://www.reddit.com/r/MaliciousCompliance/comments/600134/you_can_go_home_early/

quote:

Way back when, I used to work as a bank teller. One day a man in a suite comes in and comes to my lane. I had never seen this guy before but he looks like a million bucks, nice suite, perfect hair, the works. No sooner does this gentleman walk up to me, my manager asks to borrow me for a second and pulls me off to the side. She told me that this particular guy was the richest person around and had 100's of millions banked with us. She told me, "If it isn't against the law, I want you to do WHATEVER he tell you to. If he asks you to jump, you don't even ask how high, you just jump like your life depends on it.".
Now keep in mind that this was all maybe 3 feet away from said Mr. Moneybags, and he obviously heard the whole thing. So, my manager walks off to the corner to stare daggers at me, and I get to work.
After doing everything (all normal transaction stuff), he looks at my manager, then me. He then says, loud enough for all to hear, "Oh, and you can take the rest of the day off, that won't be a problem, will it?" The look on my manager's face was priceless! She couldn't say no to him because he's the center of the universe in that area and she (and the bank) knows it. So, I get my stuff and walk out with him.
Before I left he told me to let him know the next time he comes in if I got in trouble. When I asked him why he did that, he said because he hates how everyone bends over backwards to treat him like a king, just because he has money, and my manager was one of his worst offenders.
So, I got a free 1/2 day! My manager wasn't too happy with me for not coming back after he left, but I never did get formally reprimanded!
Edit - wall of text 0=)

Also this!

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Mar 18, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mall ninja was right

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

If this was how tranquilizer guns worked, Harambe would still be alive.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

If this was how tranquilizer guns worked, Harambe would still be alive.

The Tranquilizer dart myth spawned a lot of eye-rolling worth criticism after the event. As if the proper approach to "Gorilla dragging child around" was to wait and see how it plays out.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You're telling me all these movies and games lied to me about how tranq darts work?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I think checking reddit is just shooting fish in a barrel, so I'm going to stop.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

I have vegan friends and they have to suffer through endless unprompted tirades from people who identify as "meat eaters"

I know that many aspects of veganism can be irrational but live and let live. Respect peoples choices.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 09:41 on Mar 19, 2017

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Monkey posted:

I think checking reddit is just shooting fish in a barrel, so I'm going to stop.

It's gone :saddowns:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Catberry posted:

I have vegan friends and they have to suffer through endless unprompted tirades from people who identify as "meat eaters"

I know that many aspects of veganism can be irrational but live and let live. Respect peoples choices.

They were so scared to call their character a man or woman they used he/she. Wow.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Decrepus posted:

They were so scared to call their character a man or woman they used he/she. Wow.

Then switched exclusively to male pronouns for the end anyway.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

Hot from the presses.

I can appreciate how the -in total shock-line neatly separates the part that possibly happened from the milquetoast revenge fantasy.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

So I went into *popular fast food place*

Me: Hi can I get *my food order*

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Decrepus posted:

So I went into *popular fast food place*

Me: Hi can I get *my food order*

To be fair it was probably a hilarious amount of food

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay so where's the new thread title from

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Decrepus posted:

quote:

When I'd be eating, he or she would come up to you

aaaargh pick a perspective

Tired Moritz posted:

Captain Monkey posted:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tired Moritz posted:

There was a selfie of a person who looked like Ben Franklin in full Kardashian-style makeup, and underneath this person had written that they got on a bus and a lady said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

the image is dead :(

AlbieQuirky posted:

There was a selfie of a person who looked like Ben Franklin in full Kardashian-style makeup, and underneath this person had written that they got on a bus and a lady said that.

goddamn, I'm now curious. it reminds me of teen girl youtube comments.