Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tom Hardy is bae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

BigDave posted:

American Brown Dog is another name I've heard.

And yes, hound mixes must track every scent ever smelled. Which is usually a dead animal of some kind. Which they must roll in.

My old dog (that now lives with my ex :saddowns:) is a hound that must chase every single animal in the park, including squirrels, pigeons, rabbits, possums, raccoons, and swallows. She also has a favorite summertime game of running around the fields of the park chasing dragonflies. From any kind of distance, if you don't know what's going on, it looks like she's just zooming as around the grass as fast as she can, barking her head off and randomly leaping into the air. It's pretty :kimchi:.

Never caught a dragonfly, but she did catch a particularly lazy pigeon once, and was FURIOUS when she was not allowed to keep it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mrmcd posted:

My old dog (that now lives with my ex :saddowns:) is a hound that must chase every single animal in the park, including squirrels, pigeons, rabbits, possums, raccoons, and swallows. She also has a favorite summertime game of running around the fields of the park chasing dragonflies. From any kind of distance, if you don't know what's going on, it looks like she's just zooming as around the grass as fast as she can, barking her head off and randomly leaping into the air. It's pretty :kimchi:.

Never caught a dragonfly, but she did catch a particularly lazy pigeon once, and was FURIOUS when she was not allowed to keep it.

Bruce doesn't really grasp the concept of chasing other animals. He runs after squirrels, but not in a "I KILL YOU" way, more like "come play with me!".

If he finds a dead one though, it's time to rub his face all over it.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

American Brown Dog is another name I've heard.

And yes, hound mixes must track every scent ever smelled. Which is usually a dead animal of some kind. Which they must roll in.

Frank does this too. Big drat goofball. And if the dead thing died within range of our regular walks, he always goes over to do his weird spin dance and head dive into the dirt. He stops tracking poo poo if it's more than a few hundred feet from me though.

I don't think Frank knows how to be a proper border collie. Thank gently caress I don't care. He just wants to play with puppies all day at the park and carry huge sticks while wagging his rear end at everyone for a laugh, and try to get a pet from everyone.

I've been thinking about finding a veteran's old folks home nearby and taking Frank to visit some guys. He doesn't jump on people or push them around and is just a perpetual smile machine.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Frank does this too. Big drat goofball. And if the dead thing died within range of our regular walks, he always goes over to do his weird spin dance and head dive into the dirt. He stops tracking poo poo if it's more than a few hundred feet from me though.

I don't think Frank knows how to be a proper border collie. Thank gently caress I don't care. He just wants to play with puppies all day at the park and carry huge sticks while wagging his rear end at everyone for a laugh, and try to get a pet from everyone.

I've been thinking about finding a veteran's old folks home nearby and taking Frank to visit some guys. He doesn't jump on people or push them around and is just a perpetual smile machine.

Bruce does the head-spin-and-dive thing too. What makes it worse is that he seems to think it's after-shave. "I just dove head-first into goose poo poo, hug me!"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yesterday Francis sent his first recipe down from doggy heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX_0SREe2No

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't looked at this thread in a few days. :shobon:

Here's Hector:

He's currently sitting on my lap licking a paw. He's become a lot more sociable with people and comes up to my friends instead of just hiding all the time.

He is also huge. He's around 7 months old and weighs 9 lbs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/bVBHOlVBHWY

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

I haven't looked at this thread in a few days. :shobon:

Here's Hector:

He's currently sitting on my lap licking a paw. He's become a lot more sociable with people and comes up to my friends instead of just hiding all the time.

He is also huge. He's around 7 months old and weighs 9 lbs.

He looks like quite the shithead :3:

Cat advice: handle his paws and his claws so he's used to it so you can keep them trimmed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
DnWm (Dogs and Weathermen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmH4VgGt2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRNrJ0WOrs

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

If local TV news featured more dogs, I would watch every night without fail.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

BigDave posted:

If local TV news featured more dogs, I would watch every night without fail.

Yeah, I wish News 12 New Jersey would have stuff like that, I would definitely tune in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The local fox affiliate has a dog on their weekend morning shows. Only time I can stand watching the local fox crew.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
The only one on FOX that's supposed to be barking.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Picked pupper Luna up from the kennel after a weeklong vacation

"Next time take me with you"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FastestGunAlive posted:

Picked pupper Luna up from the kennel after a weeklong vacation

"Next time take me with you"

Is a good dogge.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Don't forget to vote for Monty

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Did my civic duty and voted for Monty (because he is such a good boy). :patriot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Voted monty all the montys

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to be upset if a real dog doesn't win.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah loving same. Like I said in CE thread, that doggo isn't even someone's doggo from the forums. You can't claim a doggo that you never cared for and personally loved. Cheaters :sad:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also we don't own dogs, we only are given a chance to be a part of their lives because we definitely don't deserve them. I seriously feel this way about all pets though, but especially dogs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty owns me, if anything.

Thanks for nominating him. That's enough for us :)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mike-o posted:

Also we don't own dogs, we only are given a chance to be a part of their lives because we definitely don't deserve them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

who the heck is Loukanikos? they better be a loving good rear end dog if they're winning by that much so far

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Removed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 21, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank insists upon it daily.

But I don't mind because while he sniffs dog butts, I peep lady butts.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Voted for The Full Monty!

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

My sister is dogsitting my pupper Hank while I'm abroad, and she's been sending pictures of him and his Boston cousin Bort's deepening friendship. Yesterday she sent this picture. He only cuddle-sleeps under duress after giving up. I got to get back home.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Decisions, decisions.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I just hope all the dogs have a good time and get many pettes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Push but don't prolapse, pupper.

(Excellent name / post combo)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have discovered a podcast called "can I pet your dog" will listen to a few episodes and report here again in a couple of days.

Push hard doggo

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Removed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 21, 2020

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Push hard, doggo :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i voted for monty in the top dog thread. i also voted for all the other real actual goon dogs because checkbox poll hell yeah