Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Day 3 opening tonight. I apologize again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
No shows closed N2. It is now Day 3!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): Asiina, CCKeane, garthoneeye, Grandicap, GulagDolls, KhyrosFinalCut, kumba, Li Dawny, Mithross, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes

There are 11 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is March 20th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Am I still in this game? BECAUSE I'LL POST IF I AM!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oops. No you're not.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Asiina, garthoneeye, Grandicap, GulagDolls, KhyrosFinalCut, kumba, Li Dawny, Mithross, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes

There are 10 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is March 20th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I agree with Asiina. ##voteSirSamVimes and gently caress me for not listening to my instinct that Keane's claimed ability was unbalanced, ergo needed maybe a little more scrutiny.

Why the gently caress couldn't he have said something that didn't make him look stupid guilty?

also, who wants to LOOK GOOD tonight?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

SirSamVimes posted:

I believe Keane's claim. ##vote chores

What I agree with, to be clear is that this feels fake because it's SO minimalist, SO safe, no reasoning, no zest, no joie de vivre, if you will. Just enough to not be called 0 content.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I should have shot him.

RIP Keane, you beautiful liar.

Anyway I still have a vig, should I just shoot SSV?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Not to mention that it really wasn't the claim that was damning to him but really the the reaction.

Asiina posted:

I should have shot him.

All you have to do is, move your little finger.
Ease your little finger round,
you can change the world!
Why should you be blue when you've your little finger?
Prove how just a single little finger can.... change the world!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol Keane I ain't even mad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait, now I remember why I wanted to vote SSV. It was because I was assuming chores was scum and it looked like SSV piling onto the lynch because his scumbuddy was screwed and there was nothing he could do.

I don't think that's the case anymore because chores flipped town and am suspicious now that you're using that case as justification KFC.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is anyone playing this game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh hey the day started

Seems a silly case. Keane had a night result that seemed like it'd be difficult to tamper with. The fact that he got the result on a musical and not a player means he couldn't have been redirected or framed, so I just believed him and didn't have much more to say on the matter.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i took your money, take that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

kumba posted:

i took your money, take that

:( That was mean.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

I should have shot him.

I highly advise not vigging me by the way, I have a useful role.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Not to mention that it really wasn't the claim that was damning to him but really the the reaction.

It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Asiina posted:

Wait, now I remember why I wanted to vote SSV. It was because I was assuming chores was scum and it looked like SSV piling onto the lynch because his scumbuddy was screwed and there was nothing he could do.

I don't think that's the case anymore because chores flipped town and am suspicious now that you're using that case as justification KFC.

I misunderstood your case/didn't reread that clarification post late last night. And am happy to retract agreement with you as part of my case, I think my argument stands alone.

I also think it felt fake but for the reasons I articulated rather than the ones you did. My bad.

GulagDolls posted:

It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs

Who do you think is scum, gulag?

SirSamVimes posted:

Gotten anything useful out of it so far?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think KFC is the scum. The reaction he had to Keane's claim feels like a scum reaction when he knows that chores wasn't scum. All of it, from all angles, feels like a scum reaction.
Why isn't that role as claimed fair? It's a cop with a layer of obfuscation.

##vote KFC

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

That's vaguely broken. I hope the scum got a warning that claiming their flavor was potentially hazardous, at least a calculated risk, but whatever. When someone says you're scum, if you're not scum, you don't make excuses for why they can't know that you're scum.

Look at this post from a scum-spective. It makes sense. From a town-spective, less so.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

How can you expect one man to
Save his family and his neighbors?
Heaven help me
Oh, heaven help me
If heaven can't, who can?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I misunderstood your case/didn't reread that clarification post late last night. And am happy to retract agreement with you as part of my case, I think my argument stands alone.

I also think it felt fake but for the reasons I articulated rather than the ones you did. My bad.

Who do you think is scum, gulag?

Gotten anything useful out of it so far?

I haven't used it yet because it costs $50 a pop.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I haven't used it yet because it costs $50 a pop.

I wouldn't worry about that.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Grandicap posted:

I think KFC is the scum. The reaction he had to Keane's claim feels like a scum reaction when he knows that chores wasn't scum. All of it, from all angles, feels like a scum reaction.
Why isn't that role as claimed fair? It's a cop with a layer of obfuscation.

##vote KFC

Random targeted powers that can swing a game that much are just unbalanced/unfair because they have no even Potential relation to player skill in their degree of success/usefulness.

Specifically this is not fair if the scum aren't briefed about the potential downside of flavor claiming because there's no reason to withhold flavor in a role madness game where the flavor is SO divorced from your powers/alignment. Since there's no especially town reason to withhold flavor, scum should probably flavorclaim in that scenario, and I thought it was just brutal -- since because of his dumb reaction of "I didn't go anywhere" i, like you, thought he was scum for sure and just got hosed over.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

KhyrosFinalCut (1): Grandicap

Not Voting (9): Asiina, garthoneeye, GulagDolls, KhyrosFinalCut, kumba, Li Dawny, Mithross, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes

There are 10 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is March 20th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 16 minutes.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
after a night that was like 3x as long as the day I think interest waned in this game and if the deadline is tonight, I don't see how it ends in anything other then a deadlines scramble or a no kill day given current levels of participation.

I won the contest so I can make the game skip tonight's night phase but I'm not going to bother if people don't post because if no one is going to play, then I want this game over sooner.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

SirSamVimes posted:

How about you make your posts as useful as you claim your role is and render an opinion on a player or two?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Random targeted powers that can swing a game that much are just unbalanced/unfair because they have no even Potential relation to player skill in their degree of success/usefulness.

Specifically this is not fair if the scum aren't briefed about the potential downside of flavor claiming because there's no reason to withhold flavor in a role madness game where the flavor is SO divorced from your powers/alignment. Since there's no especially town reason to withhold flavor, scum should probably flavorclaim in that scenario, and I thought it was just brutal -- since because of his dumb reaction of "I didn't go anywhere" i, like you, thought he was scum for sure and just got hosed over.

Logically, I understand where you are coming from. But I don't see a town mind seeing a claimed investigation (randomly targetted or not) on a nowhere near lylo day elicit a response of "this is unfair."

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Right now, Retro Futurist is pinging me. They post worrying about how quickly the day is going, but don't express an opinion on the target nor provide anything else to discuss.

It feels like scum avoiding a vote on a town target that's getting lynched anyway while also posturing to be acting in a townie way.

##vote retro futurist

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

after a night that was like 3x as long as the day I think interest waned in this game and if the deadline is tonight, I don't see how it ends in anything other then a deadlines scramble or a no kill day given current levels of participation.

I won the contest so I can make the game skip tonight's night phase but I'm not going to bother if people don't post because if no one is going to play, then I want this game over sooner.

I'm willing to be active in this game, but yeah, like KFC says, if the interest isn't there I'd rather see it mercy killed than to have it languish.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I hate myself for lurking so hard, so I'm going to try. I'm going to ##vote Gulag because they seamed absolutely certain that Chores was Town and haven't added anything else to the game. It's like scum who defended the town and wants to coast by on that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i just reread this whole game and the amount of information i gleaned from it could be summarized by a hefty wet fart sound

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

i just reread this whole game and the amount of information i gleaned from it could be summarized by a hefty wet fart sound

much like gulag's posting

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Just do the best we can
Before The Old Man comes home

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

How about you make your posts as useful as you claim your role is and render an opinion on a player or two?

If I had to make a scumpick, it'd be kumba. All he's done is either shitpost or complain about the lack of content.

##vote kumba

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you have an expensive action you should probably hang on to it tonight

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Retro Futurist posted:

If you have an expensive action you should probably hang on to it tonight

why

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In case anything mysterious happens

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, we have 4 people with 1 vote and 6 people not voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote kumba

• Locked thread