Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gvibes posted:

Is IU smart enough to hire Gregg Marshall?

It's fair to suggest that IU fans are dumb/old-fashioned/reactionary/etc. but Fred Glass is actually smart and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kim Jong Il posted:

I hate you fuckers and want you all to die.

That's the spirit!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lol. http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/gregg-marshalls-wife-was-out-of-control-and-definitely-not-a-ksr-fan/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

wicka posted:

It's fair to suggest that IU fans are dumb/old-fashioned/reactionary/etc. but Fred Glass is actually smart and good.

Dakich says the deal with Alford is already done, soooo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

There's like, nothing particularly bad about that video. I mean, it's embarrassing but there's none of the cursing or going after Kentucky players he claimed was going on unless I missed something.

Not saying that didn't happen, just saying I don't know why she'd be overly pissed about the video itself.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Eltoasto posted:

He is really tight with Alford too

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

I hate you fuckers and want you all to die.

Now you're starting to fit in!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Way to go South Carolina.

http://www.postandcourier.com/ap/pr...1673c2c6e5.html

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd be grumpy too if i rooted for the power conference team with the longest NCAA tournament drought

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sports bring out the best in people. Lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Alford needs to stop going to schools I like.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Dakich is pretty dumb, but just in case, I reserve the right to retroactively melt down.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

wicka posted:

Dakich is pretty dumb, but just in case, I reserve the right to retroactively melt down.

He's dumb but I don't think he would bullshit around when it involves Alford. And no doubt he and his show would be the point man in "smoothing over" the baggage Alford has that Doyel wrote about today.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Well, that was a weird and disappointing season. Looking forward to how Nick Ward, Cassius Winston and Jeremy Langford develop. Glad I got to experience a guy as talented as Miles Bridges on my team for a year. Hopefully he finds a good home in the NBA. Next season should be fun, especially compared to football, which...won't.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

He's dumb but I don't think he would bullshit around when it involves Alford. And no doubt he and his show would be the point man in "smoothing over" the baggage Alford has that Doyel wrote about today.

I'm not sure how Dakich would ever smooth that over considering his listener base is pretty much all people who already don't care.

Regardless, Alford is a mediocre coach and a piece of poo poo person, I'm not supporting a program that hires him. And it would kind of blow my mind if it happened, too, because Glass is strongly against being a piece of poo poo and doesn't have a history of making hires as lazy and disappointing as that would be.

E: Glass should hire whoever is in charge of the insanely repetitive ads airing on the March Madness Live app. If they can make me hang myself, they can sure as poo poo hang a banner.

wicka fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 20, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

wicka posted:

I'm not sure how Dakich would ever smooth that over considering his listener base is pretty much all people who already don't care.

Regardless, Alford is a mediocre coach and a piece of poo poo person, I'm not supporting a program that hires him. And it would kind of blow my mind if it happened, too, because Glass is strongly against being a piece of poo poo and doesn't have a history of making hires as lazy and disappointing as that would be.

E: Glass should hire whoever is in charge of the insanely repetitive ads airing on the March Madness Live app. If they can make me hang myself, they can sure as poo poo hang a banner.

I am going to agree with everything said here, with the addition that multiple well-connected people have contradicted the "Alford's already signed" rumors.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

loool

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah they're buddies. He publically defends Alford all the time, and has taken credit for helping get him the New Mexico job so he could get out ahead of the posse and avoid getting fired by Iowa. I don't take him seriously on most things but I would with this

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MourningView posted:

Yeah they're buddies. He publically defends Alford all the time, and has taken credit for helping get him the New Mexico job so he could get out ahead of the posse and avoid getting fired by Iowa. I don't take him seriously on most things but I would with this

He also called his move to UCLA literally half an hour after Alford re-signed with New Mexico.

I believe it.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'd be grumpy too if i rooted for the power conference team with the longest NCAA tournament drought

How the gently caress did Oregon State make it?

I'm not grumpy and legitimately think we'll be in the middle of the conference in basketball soon. Football takes longer to build and it's impossible to judge until year 3, but it is a horrible conference that doesn't have a high bar to entrée for being mediocre.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor Bitch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol duke

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

Cavauro posted:

You should try to beat Duke in my opinion. It would be good

Extremely same.

But seeing as we haven't won a tournament game in 40 years, I'm gonna start small here and just hope that we beat Marquette.

baby. it Was good.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Duke status: hosed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
As much as this season has sucked & still likely ends with the nightmare of another UNC title, the ongoing humiliation of Duke & Grayson Allen in particular has been a great watch.

Remember they were getting called the most talented team ever and shut in the preseason and I guarantee you thus would've been an unavoidable vomit-inducing redemption narrative once they even sniffed the Final Four.

In conclusion, gently caress Duke and thank you Cocks. Now somebody for the love of God beat the Tarheels so the rest of this is enjoyable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mike Krzyzewski retire bitch

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Duke loses, UL loses, UK wins, great day.

If only Arkansas had pulled it out. Or Cincinnati wasn't falling apart here. Could have made Kentucky's path a little easier. The South region was considered the toughest coming into the tournament and looks to be the only one that will be chalk for the Sweet 16.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gently caress duke

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
People are going apeshit here at USC over the gamecock win. I havn't been following the mens team at all this year, but we didnt even make the tourny last year. How much of an upset is this?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Teams remaining by conference:
    Big 12 - 3 (Baylor, West Virginia, Kansas)
    Big Ten - 3 (Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan)
    Pac-12 - 3 (Arizona, Oregon, UCLA)
    SEC - 3 (Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky)
    Big East - 2 (Xavier, Butler)
    ACC - 1 (North Carolina)
    WCC - 1 (Gonzaga)

Percentage of conference remaining from beginning of the tournament:
    Pac-12 - 75%
    SEC - 60%
    Big 12 - 50%
    WCC - 50%
    Big Ten - 43%
    Big East - 29%
    ACC - 11%

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

People are going apeshit here at USC over the gamecock win. I havn't been following the mens team at all this year, but we didnt even make the tourny last year. How much of an upset is this?

A big one, though it probably helped that it was in Greenville.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i loved frank martin at ksu and i love him more now

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Before the tournament started, kenpom gave South Carolina a 17.1% chance of making the sweet sixteen, so fairly low, although not insane, odds. The history elevates it though.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Honestly if my team loses, I may actually still be happy just because Duke got proven for the fraud fucks they are.

Alford running for IU is probably the best move for him. He can have a fresh start there (with a cache of good will to let him have a pass for the inevitable years of underperformance), I think sentiment in LA is still very much for firing him if he has another bad season, regardless of how this one turns out (honestly he's a loving turd so I don't blame them).

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 20, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpZmveDNhio

ok then

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm just happy Wisconsin gave the selection committee the finger for ranking them as an 8th seed.

And that Duke lost.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
someone hire musselman away from reno already :(

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Hmm, it seems a certain conference is Actually loving Good at basketball.

:secsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

Honestly if my team loses, I may actually still be happy just because Duke got proven for the fraud fucks they are.

Alford running for IU is probably the best move for him. He can have a fresh start there (with a cache of good will to let him have a pass for the inevitable years of underperformance), I think sentiment in LA is still very much for firing him if he has another bad season, regardless of how this one turns out (honestly he's a loving turd so I don't blame them).

Really have no clue who would respond to that hiring by giving Alford years of patience. Don't know a single person who wants him.

Also don't see why they'd hire a search firm if there was any really chance of making the laziest hire possible.

wicka fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 20, 2017

• Locked thread