Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

fart blood posted:

I thought this was really funny and I love it when wrestlers have fun in wrestling. (I'm still not watching the current product though)

My only nit picky complaint (and I stress "nit picky") is Chris Jericho's parody sounds too much like...Chris Jericho.

He sounds like he's trying to split the difference between himself and his awful Talkin' Shop character, Gordy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't understand how people can enjoy Gordy Canuck, it's an old man who doesn't quite get it trying to fit in with Gallows and Anderson and it just isn't funny at all.

If the guys weren't so loving funny Jericho would be single handedly destroying those episodes.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't understand how people can enjoy Gordy Canuck, it's an old man who doesn't quite get it trying to fit in with Gallows and Anderson and it just isn't funny at all.

If the guys weren't so loving funny Jericho would be single handedly destroying those episodes.

What would be worse, a Ziggler stand-up set, or a Jericho improv show

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

fart blood posted:

I thought this was really funny and I love it when wrestlers have fun in wrestling. (I'm still not watching the current product though)

My only nit picky complaint (and I stress "nit picky") is Chris Jericho's parody sounds too much like...Chris Jericho.

I think this is actually really funny, because so much of Chris Jericho's personality and wrestling attitude would actually have fit in in the very thing they're parodying. Hell, he actually did wrestle in SMW!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think this is actually really funny, because so much of Chris Jericho's personality and wrestling attitude would actually have fit in in the very thing they're parodying. Hell, he actually did wrestle in SMW!

Like I said, the Surf Dudes With Attitudes are basically a cross between the Thrillseekers and Dynamic Dudes.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's in "so bad it's good" territory for me and the way you can tell it annoys Karl is hilarious.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

if the next jericho podcasts aren't him, "digging up," SRW stars from obscurity for interviews...

it'll be with a ghost hunter or a hair metal guy he wanted to hang out for a minute.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
watched all of these last night and this poo poo is gold

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Kaveman posted:

It's in "so bad it's good" territory for me and the way you can tell it annoys Karl is hilarious.

Gordy is hilarious. This is the hill that i will die on

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

schweens posted:

Gordy is hilarious. This is the hill that i will die on

I will join you on that hill

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That is a lonely rear end hill guys maybe you should re-evaluate your lives eh *lovely comedy Canadian accent*

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

watched all of these last night and this poo poo is gold

of the georgia variety even

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Finally watched all the clips today and loved it. I hope they do more. I miss my father

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/843545825888391168

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Roverted

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 20, 2017

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Please ask him for more SRW. It could be this forums greatest contribution to wrestling since the Orton dove poster.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I let him know I needed to know if Big Bartholomew beats the Sea Monster to keep the farm.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Liar Lyre posted:

I let him know I needed to know if Big Bartholomew beats the Sea Monster to keep the farm.

Not if that handsome but devious fucker Mackelroy has anything to say about this.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Writer Cath posted:

Not if that handsome but devious fucker Mackelroy has anything to say about this.

That's MISTER Mackleroy to you!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No fooling, I care more about the BB and his cousin losing that farm than I do about anything they have been pushing on Raw in a good long while.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stale Saltines posted:

Please ask him for more SRW. It could be this forums greatest contribution to wrestling since the Orton dove poster.

The greatest contribution this forum has made to wrestling are the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes you blasphemous heathen

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Paulocaust posted:

The greatest contribution this forum has made to wrestling are the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes you blasphemous heathen

Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes were not brought into this world by this forum, sadly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm going to Rovert you all but I will tell you this Swamp creature was fandango

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That DICK! posted:

I'm going to Rovert you all but I will tell you this Swamp creature was fandango

Chet Chetterfield sobered up enough to get into costume?

Or alternatively, Chet Chetterfield is a were-sea creature, and the evil Mister Macleroy holds the magic amulet that changes him into a monster from the deep.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Paulocaust posted:

Alternatively, the Hulk Hogan Raft.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Jim Cornette refuses to watch SRW.

https://www.twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/843475996498104320

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Hes mad that Southpaw is a better callback to the territories than anything he ever booked

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i love corny but he will never watch anything wrestling related that isn't dead serious and admit that he enjoys it. that's just the way it is.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i love corny but he will never watch anything wrestling related that isn't dead serious and admit that he enjoys it. that's just the way it is.

Can't ruin the gimmick, brother. Gotta keep working the marks for podcast downloads.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone please do a quick list of who played who? I got the obvious ones like Cena, Rusev, and the Club, but I got a bad case of Goon Facial Blindness and would appreciate having the rest

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

John Cena as Lance Catamaran
Fandango as Chett Chetterfield
Chris Jericho as Clint Bobski
TJ Perkins as John Johnson
Luke Gallows as Tex Ferguson
Karl Anderson as Chadd 2 Badd
Rusev as Big Bartholomew
Tyler Breeze as Mr Mackelroy
Conor and Viktor as Surf Dudes with Attitudes
Luke Harper as La Barba Grande
Lana as Christian Joy
Someone as Sea Creature
Heath Slater as Impressive Pelvis Wesley
Ric Flair as Paid Ric Flair Impersonator

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HerraS posted:

John Cena as Lance Catamaran
Fandango as Chett Chetterfield
Chris Jericho as Clint Bobski
TJ Perkins as John Johnson
Luke Gallows as Tex Ferguson
Karl Anderson as Chadd 2 Badd
Rusev as Big Bartholomew
Tyler Breeze as Mr Mackelroy
Conor and Viktor as Surf Dudes with Attitudes
Luke Harper as La Barba Grande
Lana as Christian Joy
Someone as Sea Creature
Heath Slater as Impressive Pelvis Wesley

we don't know the last one for sure

also whow as the ref

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
John cone was the ref

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people are saying Cesaro was Sea Creature

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

I think the ref might have been Simon Gotch but its really hard to tell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HerraS posted:

It's like the late 80s/early 90s all over again reading the credits to Zucker Brothers movies :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Anyone else psyched for the "Eat With the Wrestlers Event" at KFC? :dance:

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Anyone else psyched for the "Eat With the Wrestlers Event" at KFC? :dance:

I'm hoping they'll sign my wrapper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

people are saying Cesaro was Sea Creature

It's gotta be him or Harper.

• Locked thread