Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

We need to help our fellow goons out in their careers. So lets put together a list of employment tils to help each other out!

Tip #1 - Don't give your boss your actual phone number. The only time they are going to call you is to trick you into working an extra shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

1 get a job
2 don't quit your job
3 wake up in the morning and go to your job
4 do not quit your job

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Tip#69: post in GBS during work hours

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
be less ugly

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
use your friends and get in on that sweet nepotism. if you gently caress up and make them look bad, don't worry about it, you can always make new friends.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Poop as much as possible during work hours.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
pants are a BIG yes

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Suck that corporate dick.

Interpret this as you will.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Put all your attribute stats into luck because that's the best way of getting hired. I've lucked out into most of my jobs; some examples being getting my letter one day before the interview and others not getting theirs. Or short turnaround time on job announcements and I'm fortunate to be one of few who see it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kuato posted:

Put all your attribute stats into luck because that's the best way of getting hired. I've lucked out into most of my jobs; some examples being getting my letter one day before the interview and others not getting theirs. Or short turnaround time on job announcements and I'm fortunate to be one of few who see it.

Look, Kuato isn't wrong.

Because if you max INT without putting something into CHA, you are an unrelatable know it all that is relegated to the loving server room.

All CHA, no Int and you are a kiss rear end that sleeps his/her way to the top, right until you hit a person that calls you on your bullshit.

Please don't make me describe the people who try and max WIS and CON.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Look, Kuato isn't wrong.

Because if you max INT without putting something into CHA, you are an unrelatable know it all that is relegated to the loving server room.

All CHA, no Int and you are a kiss rear end that sleeps his/her way to the top, right until you hit a person that calls you on your bullshit.

tell me about those who go all dex baby

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
A tie is the yoke of corporate oppression and should never be worn. Ever. If you can't get hired without wearing a tie, you don't deserve a job. If the job requires a tie, you don't need it. Find something else.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Look, Kuato isn't wrong.

:roflolmao:

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
absolutely DO NOT scream at the interviewer like a pterodactyl

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

VendaGoat posted:

Look, Kuato isn't wrong.

I want to hear more. I need new character sheets in case I need a different job.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Be mediocre, with moments of brilliance and occasional slack time. Because gently caress work, I'm just here to pay the bills, not spend my life at the office.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
my employment tip for unemployed goons: get a job lol

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also contemplate "work to live" vs "live to work", the former is much better if you aren't a goddamn idiot about money

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
unemployment owns I wish I could get back on it

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
you just gotta pound the pavement

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

tell me about those who go all dex baby

Mary Lou Retton.

Tonya Harding.

They are wonderful until time takes its inevitable toll.

So, as long as you are willing to live in your "high school peak" and nothing for the next however, DEX is your stat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wicker Man posted:

I want to hear more. I need new character sheets in case I need a different job.

You already rolled something. Welcome to hell.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
go in to businesses and hand them your résumé

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

let it mellow posted:

also contemplate "work to live" vs "live to work", the former is much better if you aren't a goddamn idiot about money

Wise words indeed. But everyone thinks they need a big rear end house so they can pile it full of stupid poo poo they don't need, and they absolutely must drive a used, two generations behind Acura. Or a new Dodge Challenger. Don't work for dumb stuff. Work because you have to and would someday like to not have to. Also car notes are for suckers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nut to Butt posted:

go in to businesses and hand them your résumé

Welcome to INT, sub CHA and, depending on what you are looking for, a dash of WIS.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
look for help wanted signs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Get a haircut you drat hippie.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

VendaGoat posted:

I'm the bazillion year old person in the back room that knows where everything goes and is probably going to literally die on the job instead of retiring

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

don't be picky about work. especially if you have a degree you can't find work in. Suck it up and flip burgers or TBH unless you're a skinny or the kind of fat that's too fat to even attempt manual labor, do manual labor.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Lie on your resume.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ronwayne posted:

I'm the bazillion year old person in the back room that knows where everything goes and is probably going to literally die on the job instead of retiring

This and the clergy.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pound the pavement

Walk up to the manager, give him a firm handshake, look him right in the eye, and tell him, "I'm your man"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Lie on your resume.

this works too. i hired some literal crazy lady (like mental institution level of crazy), she made up a bunch of work experience and proceeded to show up to work 50% of the time and act batshit insane half the time. a lot of HR depts are lazy and don't do much of anything.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
get a job you bum

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kuato posted:

this works too. i hired some literal crazy lady (like mental institution level of crazy), she made up a bunch of work experience and proceeded to show up to work 50% of the time and act batshit insane half the time. a lot of HR depts are lazy and don't do much of anything.

How did you not pickup on the crazy during interviews

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Have your dick out during the interview, it's a power move

Edit: not the balls though

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Be useful.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hattori Handjob posted:

How did you not pickup on the crazy during interviews

speaking as an insane person, it's really easy for me to clean up and put on a front for HR and if i'm hired, thru the evaluation period.

if it's some bumpkin company that has no problem throwing you out, just gotta last until they like you.

If it's some joke headquartered out in California that enforces california-like labor laws on their campus then yeah i start acting insane the second i think i have any job security

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
When it comes to college age people it's always better to just admit you're gonna spend the money on booze. They tend give you more spare change just because you were honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Oh, you mean tips for when you have a job?

Spend 80% of your time very quietly creating problems, then spend 20% of your time very loudly and publicly fixing them.

• Locked thread