Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

If I'm not going to be crafting and upgrading the circlets and earrings from Gerudo town there's no reason to keep any of the gems (outside of random side quests) right?

Some sets need gems, you can use diamonds to remake Champion weapons when they break.

But also gems are not rare at all and very easy to get a bunch of once you mark a few good ore spots/Talus minibosses on your map so I say sell 'em all and go get more when you actually need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

imo normal mode is pretty much already like that.

no it isnt'

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

using stasis on horseback enemies is so funny

its win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

i've been feeding dogs because it's the right thing to do and i never thought to try it on horses :tviv:

i'[m kind of angry dogs dont chase sticks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

"fast travel, but done right"
"a crafting system that isn't rear end"
"the stealth sections are actually fun"

i like sneaking up on dudes in the open world part but the goron bit was rear end. the korok one is cute tho so that one was okay

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like sneaking up on dudes in the open world part but the goron bit was rear end. the korok one is cute tho so that one was okay

i hadn't gotten to the goron one when i wrote that, but it was ok. mostly because you can use magnesis objects to easily knock down the drones. i liked the short gerudo stealth segment because there's a few ways to approach it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

sector_corrector posted:

i hadn't gotten to the goron one when i wrote that, but it was ok. mostly because you can use magnesis objects to easily knock down the drones. i liked the short gerudo stealth segment because there's a few ways to approach it.

I was confused about what people were talking about with a goron stealth section because for that area, like you said it was all magnesis, stasis, and cannon shots while leading around a huge, completely unstealthy goron.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sick of sppoiler tags and i've beaten the game, so i'm going to make a no spoiler thread

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
cool trick I discovered: knock an enemy down, stasis them, and then press crouch repeatedly above their face

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

cool trick I discovered: knock an enemy down, stasis them, and then press crouch repeatedly above their face

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
if you mash jump while running link looks like hes skipping

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

That's it folks. Any% is over

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

New comcept the baddragon company + octorock tentacles moblin horns and l8zfalos tails the ideas just print money folks act fast

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Tarrey town music ftw.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep getting hosed up by the sandworm

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

Tarrey town music ftw.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
One thing I'm realizing that kind of sucks is that there's really no cool reward system outside of the main main quest stuff. There's a ton of really interesting and involved side quests that are more than just "show me a picture of this item" and inevitably the reward for them is always just a single shrine, which kind of sucks. In past Zelda games those kinds of quests would offer the promise of some sort of unique item that would help you in different ways along your quest, but that doesn't happen any more in the open world.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

One thing I'm realizing that kind of sucks is that there's really no cool reward system outside of the main main quest stuff. There's a ton of really interesting and involved side quests that are more than just "show me a picture of this item" and inevitably the reward for them is always just a single shrine, which kind of sucks. In past Zelda games those kinds of quests would offer the promise of some sort of unique item that would help you in different ways along your quest, but that doesn't happen any more in the open world.

yeah, i sort of agree. shrines usually have higher level weapons in them in addition to the orb, as well as rupees, rare arrows, and even sometimes armor. so that's really the reward for those quests, imo. but i see what you're saying. just more weapon variety and interesting rewards over all would be a nice addition w/ the DLC.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it seems like a lot of the cool clothes and stuff you get are from shrines which is fine but itd be more satisfying to get it from a quest, and like maybe the random rear end npc you get it from has some reason why they have it. actually i guess that does happen once or twice but anyway more quests for clothes imo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the whole game is like the biggest zelda dungeon ever exploded and scattered itself throughout the overworld, which is great. but more variety would be even better

i mean stuff like the aesthetics of the shrines and beasts, which i understand why they had to do it that way but its one thing i miss from old zeldas

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and then one more complaint/apologetic, the enemy variety... i was already thinking maybe it was limited by the detail in the animation but the different types all have really specific and interesting AI patterns that fit the character of the enemy and can be placed just about anywhere and thats probably really hard and time consuming to do. i dunno i don tknow poo poo about development

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Milkman posted:

the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

ok last apologetic for real, im kind of glad of this because for subsequent playthroughs the bird gaze is like the only power i want and im glad ill be able to just rush and get it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

the whole game is like the biggest zelda dungeon ever exploded and scattered itself throughout the overworld, which is great. but more variety would be even better

i mean stuff like the aesthetics of the shrines and beasts, which i understand why they had to do it that way but its one thing i miss from old zeldas

the feeling of hyrule castle is what i'd like to see from future dungeons. the divine beasts are fun, but it's more heavy on puzzles than combat encounters. like 4 or 5 huge castles w/ fake walls, battle set-pieces, puzzles, mini-bosses, and unique loot would be awesome.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think the bird power makes exploration too fast and easy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

more variety in the rewards than another piece of heart or korok seed wouldve been nice, especially when theres like 40 armorsets that are in the game files locked behind amiibos lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

more variety in the rewards than another piece of heart or korok seed wouldve been nice, especially when theres like 40 armorsets that are in the game files locked behind amiibos lol

ishould rub my sqid on there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just more room for improvement in breath of the wild 2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Agreed, it's the one semi big flaw I can think of, but I did eventide and lanyaru today and it's pretty ridiculous that such amazing quests end with you just getting a spirit orb farted at u like some minor test of strength lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

On a similar note 3very single mini game just giving rupees kind of sucks

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

On a similar note 3very single mini game just giving rupees kind of sucks

there's a couple that give horse gear, but those are cosmetic as far as i know.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Agreed, it's the one semi big flaw I can think of, but I did eventide and lanyaru today and it's pretty ridiculous that such amazing quests end with you just getting a spirit orb farted at u like some minor test of strength lol
ya that's my main beef really

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eventide was its own reward

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

figureing out the shrine quests in the environment are cool and you get crap from in the shrines. holy poo poo, you goddamn ingrates

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

figureing out the shrine quests in the environment are cool and you get crap from in the shrines. holy poo poo, you goddamn ingrates

this

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

yah you're right I get a rusty halberd seems worth it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eventide was like the most fun i had in the game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

*so far

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
who needs a unique item or a piece of cool armor when you can just get a single weapon that's 3 levels below what you're currently using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its rad that that they made an open game of any kind that's not all about sick loot but especially a fantasy one cause that seems hard to do

• Locked thread