Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

who needs a unique item or a piece of cool armor when you can just get a single weapon that's 3 levels below what you're currently using.

sometimes like you've been poisoned by western loot gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

mysterious loyall X posted:

sometimes like you've been poisoned by western loot gaming

Shut up butthole

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

the journey is its own reward

Dec 26, 2012

loot lust kills

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Aston posted:

the journey is its own reward

mysterious loyall X posted:

figureing out the shrine quests in the environment are cool and you get crap from in the shrines. holy poo poo, you goddamn ingrates

This

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Milkman posted:

the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

I wonder if you're supposed to do that one first (despite it being farther away from Kakariko than the Zora one). It's the shortest, the easiest, and gives you a power that makes the rest of your exploration a lot easier. Also at the end, the order of the Champions who show up in the cutscene before the final boss goes Revali, Mipha, Daruk, Urbosa in that order, and that would be a pretty good order to the dungeons in.

That said if I was going to do the dungeons in the order of how useful their powers are, I'd do Rito -> Gerudo -> Goron -> Zora

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zora's is the one you're supposed to do first methinks since it's next to the area the game directs you too. After that, idk. I'm doing the gerudo one now

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I definitely did Zora first and it was a good introduction. Probably the most interesting story there, too, and you get to hang out with Sidon. In general I think maybe Rito makes the most sense as a first one from a gameplay perspective, but Zora from the story perspective. I went Zora -> Rito -> Goron -> Gerudo. On a replay I'll probably still end up doing Zora first, then Rito, then probably Gerudo so I can have more time to play with that power because it owns.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
daruk's protection is now ready to roll

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I always wish he'd follow it up with "brother"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4UqlgXoQo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus Christ this game is so good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol, i was wondering if that worked when i was doing the beast, but i had no trouble finding the second orb, so i didn't bother.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol i was doing a similar puzzle in a shrine and spent like fifteen minutes arranging two cubes to open a gate and get some other metal thing out before i realized i could have just used my metal sword's and bow's

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this game is very good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

another cool detail touch that arises naturally through gameplay: in lakes and stuff wooden weapons and objects float, but metal objects sink. But since you can magnesis all metal objects, you can always get a weapon back if you drop it in the lake

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The game is really good about making feel like you're doing things you aren't "supposed" to do even though they left those shortcuts in on purpose.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

thats what i did

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Between Breath of the Wild, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, and with Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI on the way, this really feels like the year Japan stopped playing around and just decided to kill western developers already

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Between Breath of the Wild, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, and with Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI on the way, this really feels like the year Japan stopped playing around and just decided to kill western developers already

I'm glad of it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this + ffxv

actually i guess that wa slast year but i played it this year

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 20, 2017

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Splatoon 2

God Bless Japan

Oh yeah and Xenoblade 2

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 20, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and Mario Odyssey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's a re-release but also Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

:yeah: Gonna play the hell out of that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yakuza kiwami ths summer too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

And DQ8 3DS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gravity Rush 2 and Resident Evil 7 seen win too but I haven't played them

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I feel like we're kind of getting off topic so I made a separate thread

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Shut up butthole

Gah!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Stumbled into the final boss room while exploring Hyrule Castle and that was a satisfying fight. Holy gently caress is this game huge though, I thought I had done a decent chunk of the game but completion is at 20.09% :stare:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

Stumbled into the final boss room while exploring Hyrule Castle and that was a satisfying fight. Holy gently caress is this game huge though, I thought I had done a decent chunk of the game but completion is at 20.09% :stare:

So, about completion percentage: it counts korok seeds. All 900 of them. That's probably why it's so low.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Harrow posted:

So, about completion percentage: it counts korok seeds. All 900 of them. That's probably why it's so low.

Well that explains everything was wondering why it's so low, done over half of the side quests, more than half of the armor upgraded to level 3 and about 70 shrines done

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think I've seen anyone say they've had more than 50% completion after beating the final boss for the first time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

korok seeds count for over 70% of completion lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have no idea why Nintendo made them count for so much but whatever their reason I think it's absolutely hilarious and I'm glad they did it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

As a non-completionist gamer, I'm glad of it.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i did Zora > Goron > Rito > Gerudo just because the game kind points you at zora first and then each of those is the next closest one. i liked the free heal estate when accidentally wandering into some super guarded territory

i cheesed my way through a shrine like this even though it was probably harder than doing it the 'right' way

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I had one of the balls and moved them to a location it was a pain to retrieve it from before figuring things out. Wish I had thought of that cheese, because it would have been easier than what I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ugh i cannot get through the loving yiga hideout for the life of me

• Locked thread