Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

I just wanted to point out that the silver ice pop looking thing between the chocolate and crackers is a shot of 80 proof cordial. The Italians give their soldiers booze in their rations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Most of the meat products look pretty awful. I'm delighted by the tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce.

The Japanese ration gets points for being the closest to an actual meal, though.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bogan King posted:

So I'm going to stand corrected on this as I remembered that they're Fruit Tingles but it turns out that Fruit Tingles are Lifesaver Fruit Tingles.

Fruit Tingles were originally Allen's but have been rebranded a couple of times. They look similar, but they're not Fruit Tingles. I suspect that they are musk Lions MInts, for just a little more STRAYA in your rations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

I just wanted to point out that the silver ice pop looking thing between the chocolate and crackers is a shot of 80 proof cordial. The Italians give their soldiers booze in their rations.
The Russians could provide vodka but instead give their troops RAISINS, as if war wasn't hellish enough.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bogan King posted:

Lifesavers have a hole in them, hence the name. Definitely in the same ballpark as them though.

Life Savers Musk sounds like a cologne you'd wear to attract fatties.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

or ants

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

My platoon would quickly establish a rotation where one person gets everyone's alcohol that day. That would be fantastic.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The ladies will be all up ons.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There is a surprisingly large number of memes that are dependent on not knowing how to pronounce German words

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I wasn't aware until recently that apparently musk is a uniquely Australian flavour. I can't describe it, but it's loving delicious, for the record.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Istari posted:

I wasn't aware until recently that apparently musk is a uniquely Australian flavour. I can't describe it, but it's loving delicious, for the record.

It tastes like pink, hth.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Phlegmish posted:

There is a surprisingly large number of memes that are dependent on not knowing how to pronounce German words

it worfs flamen lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

What about the grammar?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Bogan King posted:

It tastes like pink, hth.

More of a sweaty pink. Like if pink hadn't changed their flannelette shirt for a few days.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gromit posted:

More of a sweaty pink. Like if pink hadn't changed their flannelette shirt for a few days.

So like watermelon and BO?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Is it made from buck glands?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Finding funny poo poo on other websites is hard because most of them are criminally unfunny. It's weird

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Istari posted:

I WANT TO TRY! Argh!

Psycho Society posted:

Is it made from buck glands?

This rules.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dominic, you rat!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I WANT TO TRY! Argh!

Amazon sells them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

It should also be noted that black and gold are the cheapest of home brands and that is *very* expensive. I thought USA to Aus markup was bad but that is crazy. That should be more in the range of USD$0.80 + shipping.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

amazon posted:

About the Product

Imported from Australia
From IGA

That explains it. Fuckers love jacking up prices of poo poo, then having a cry about community and poo poo when you mention it.
For those of you that don't know, they're a chain of independent supermarkets here in Aus that go on about their "local community" and poo poo.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

davidspackage posted:

The ladies will be all up ons.

Yeah but the guy in that photo has no pecs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mephiston posted:

That explains it. Fuckers love jacking up prices of poo poo, then having a cry about community and poo poo when you mention it.
For those of you that don't know, they're a chain of independent supermarkets here in Aus that go on about their "local community" and poo poo.

There's some in the USA, as well.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

trickybiscuits posted:

The Russians could provide vodka but instead give their troops RAISINS, as if war wasn't hellish enough.

If you can't ferment your own liquor out of raisins you aren't cut out for the Russian military.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Who What Now posted:

If you can't ferment your own liquor out of raisins you aren't cut out for the Russian military.

When potato goes bad, proper Russian still eat potato, drink its juice, and then learn to love rotten potato juice. Raisin? Raisins are for American sheep too fat to enjoy rotten potato. Eat grass, American! Good Russians drink rotten potato juice for the glory of the motherland!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Only 70's and 80's kids WGT

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
That's the way you do it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

NtotheTC posted:

Only 70's and 80's kids WGT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMiRGCGIfCg

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Screaming Idiot posted:

When potato goes bad, proper Russian still eat potato, drink its juice, and then learn to love rotten potato juice. Raisin? Raisins are for American sheep too fat to enjoy rotten potato. Eat grass, American! Good Russians drink rotten potato juice for the glory of the motherland!

I've seen saurkraut juice for sale here in Latvia near the fruit juice in the chilled section.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

Vegemite is not only incredibly important for your daily diet, its cultural significance cannot be understated.

Weaponized food rations.

Like Dwarven bread. None of that lembas poo poo.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Aug 9, 2018

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I WANT TO TRY! Argh!

Anyone wants a pack of dubious Australian food should PM me their address. I'm happy to send you the suffering that is musk candy and Vegemite, or whatever else it is I find in the supermarket that sounds uniquely Australian. You won't get those nasty store-brand sticks that Amazon have, either.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

SNAAAAAAAAAKKKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not seeing any mushrooms.