Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's gotta be him or Harper.

Harper's already a La Barba Grande, and SRW ain't double-booking anybody.

TheKingslayer posted:

Can't ruin the gimmick, brother. Gotta keep working the marks for podcast downloads.

That's pretty much it, especially when you read the later replies to his tweet, which basically amount to "This isn't funny and just Vince's middle finger to Memphis and SMW and the wrestlers in this skit are defecating on the graves of those that came before them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
Personal aside: my brother and I grew up watching wrestling during the 1980s and saw the rise of the WWF along with the decline of the territories. This was prior to the Internet, so we only really got to watch WWF and NWA/WCW on a regular basis, but we'd also read the Apter mags and there was a station out of Chicago that showed WCCW on weekends as well as a program that was sort of a "clip show" of matches out of various territories (Mid-South/UWF, Puerto Rico, and so forth). So SRW really hits the nostalgia button for me, as I fondly remember seeing stuff exactly like this when I was a kid. :unsmith:

(we also like to make up various scrawny rednecks and pudgy hillbillies in WWE 2k16 and put them in our own made-up fed, which is not all that dissimilar to something like SRW. I even do a pretty good Solie impersonation when we run CPU-controlled matches. I need to work on my Lance Catamaran impression though)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If I could have a moment of your time, I'd like to draw your attention to Chris Jericho's Clint Bobski's wonderful jacket.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The SRW logo and Lance Catamaran/Chet Chetterfield made me think "AWA" just as much as any southern promotion, so clearly Jim Cornette should not be a big baby about it :colbert:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Jim Cornette can be really funny sometimes but he's the biggest dork in the world when it comes to comedy in wrestling. At least he's not screeching on Twitter about it aside from that one comment.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
woo crispy
woo tangy
woo honey mustard barbecue flavoured chicken
woo

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The SRW logo and Lance Catamaran/Chet Chetterfield made me think "AWA" just as much as any southern promotion, so clearly Jim Cornette should not be a big baby about it :colbert:

He should be flattered, quite frankly, because CWA and SMW had way goofier promos and gimmicks.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Germansimp posted:

Harper's already a La Barba Grande, and SRW ain't double-booking anybody.
I dunno. Duble-booked, paid once sounds very SRW.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm gonna be deeply upset if nobody brings a SRW themed sign to RAW tonight.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i love corny but he will never watch anything wrestling related that isn't dead serious and admit that he enjoys it. that's just the way it is.

His explanation for being in the X7 Gimmick Battle Royal is an exercise in cognitive dissonance

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I am way more excited for Lethal Leap Year than I am Wrestlemania.

We need more SRW

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vintimus Prime posted:

We need more SRW

Were you not informed that there is no Leap Year?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Were you not informed that there is no Leap Year?

Yeah I checked, No leap year in 87. I know they mentioned the year in the last ep, but did they beforehand or did they not tip their hand until then?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Vintimus Prime posted:

We need more SRW

I'm more excited for the Rumble in the Leap that Big Bart was talking about

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

remusclaw posted:

Yeah I checked, No leap year in 87. I know they mentioned the year in the last ep, but did they beforehand or did they not tip their hand until then?

They mentioned the year right at the start. It's pretty obvious in hindsight, leap years never happen on years ending on odd numbers.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
When Rusev gets offense in, the crowd should cheer "SAVE. THE FARM. SAVE. THE FARM. SAVE. THE FARM!" Shame he's on vacation right now though.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Started listening to the old Talk N' Shops again and holy gently caress when Sex Ferrrrrguson shows up in the first episode I almost had a heart attack

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It's like the late 80s/early 90s all over again reading the credits to Zucker Brothers movies :allears:

I figured they just got a hungover Flair to read his lines.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

More excited for Lethal Leap Year than Wrestlemania. Way to build a card, boys. Too bad the pencil-pushers ruined it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's just a shame that a lot of the SRW characters have more build than their irl counterparts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Max Landis should be banned from the forum imo. WRESTLE WRESTLE is fine and all but the guy is such an rear end in a top hat.

By that logic, aren't a lot of us an rear end in a top hat?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

tao of lmao posted:

It's just a shame that a lot of the SRW characters have more build than their irl counterparts.
Seriously, Mr Mackelroy got more build in these videos than Tyler Breeze got since he was called up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

remusclaw posted:

The first video says it from 1987, though it isn't until video 4 that they list the date out in full you realize they are building to 1987 instead of 1988.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Because of SRW, I ended up buying some of KFC's (WOOO) Crispy, (WOOO) Tangy, (WOOO) Honey Mustard Georgia Gold chicken today.

I don't know if I should feel better or worse listening to an ad from a paid Ric Flair impersonator.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SRW is what TNA wishes it could be if it were actually entertaining, not counting the Broken Hardy vs Jeff angle because that was all them. And coincidentally would perfectly fit in SRW.

#DoubleBlindRexFergusonforTheTitle

woo

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
4 episodes wasn't enough... I'll buy all the WOOOO chicken for more :shepspends:

Also dammit Cornette quit being an rear end for once and just enjoy something.

Also also Cena, Jericho, and Fandango were amazing :allears:

Also also also I'm such a mark

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Jiro posted:

SRW is what TNA wishes it could be if it were actually entertaining, not counting the Broken Hardy vs Jeff angle because that was all them. And coincidentally would perfectly fit in SRW.

#DoubleBlindRexFergusonforTheTitle

woo

Do you think in 30 years, if we're all still alive and pro wrestling still exists, that some wrestlers will get together and do a parody of TNA?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
TNA is a parody of itself so...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Do you think in 30 years, if we're all still alive and pro wrestling still exists, that some wrestlers will get together and do a parody of TNA?

If TNA dies, the first thing that will happen is a bunch of people will get together a form a new TNA. It'll be called something stupid like Total Intense Tapouts.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If TNA dies, the first thing that will happen is a bunch of people will get together a form a new TNA. It'll be called something stupid like Total Intense Tapouts.

TNA already is essentially a bastardized relaunch of the dying days of WCW, who knows what the dying days of TNA will look like, or what it will look like in miniature when relaunched. Shooting for the glory days Aces and eights. A&E2.0? The Big Name Brigade? The Journal? THEY? WCW died so hard that a new promotion had to be formed to keep dying in their image.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 21, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Spiffster posted:

4 episodes wasn't enough... I'll buy all the WOOOO chicken for more :shepspends:

If this becomes a monthly thing or whatever, part of me wants them to use different Legends to be "impersonated" for the reading of the ads.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

You mean TiT? Needs to be TITS. So it needs like Total Intense Tapouts Syndicate.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So is the Mackleroy/Sea Creature segment specifically referencing Mark Gullen and Teijo Khan, or are there enough "rich heel manager introduces their new monster by the sea" segments that it's more of a generic thing?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kuroyama posted:

Because of SRW, I ended up buying some of KFC's (WOOO) Crispy, (WOOO) Tangy, (WOOO) Honey Mustard Georgia Gold chicken today.

I don't know if I should feel better or worse listening to an ad from a paid Ric Flair impersonator.

Did you get anyone to sign your wrapper? Were you polite?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

AsInHowe posted:

Did you get anyone to sign your wrapper? Were you polite?

Was Big Bart there? Did he bring Christian Joy? :sweatdrop:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I really want to see Big Bartholomew vs the banker now.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I really want to see Big Bartholomew vs the banker now.

He's got to get through that slippery Sea Creature first.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
this cannot be the end of tex ferguson, made blind and lame by the villainous chad 2 badd

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope Tex rips up C2B's new green jacket, that'll show him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

So is the Mackleroy/Sea Creature segment specifically referencing Mark Gullen and Teijo Khan, or are there enough "rich heel manager introduces their new monster by the sea" segments that it's more of a generic thing?

it's most directly a rip off of a kevin sullivan thing. somewhere on the network, i think the legends roundtable, i think it's michale p.s. hayes who praises the segment as being awesome and they play a clip of it and it's complete with shaky camera, bad sound, and awkward screaming.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14xcd7_kevin-sullivan-summons-the-purple-haze-dusty-rhodes-fireball-attack_sport

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread