Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Four hours, we gonna do this?

I feel the above case is transparent enough that I don't need to respond to it in full. Slasher is trying to expose some kind of hypocrisy in my move onto pmach that flat doesn't make sense in context and wouldn't say anything about alignment even if it did make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somberbrero posted:

Four hours, we gonna do this?

I feel the above case is transparent enough that I don't need to respond to it in full. Slasher is trying to expose some kind of hypocrisy in my move onto pmach that flat doesn't make sense in context and wouldn't say anything about alignment even if it did make sense.

I'm pretty sure that one of you is scum, but I don't know which. Re-reading.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

This thought crossed my mind after their flip.

Hmmmm, am I being played by SH?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Max posted:

Hmmmm, am I being played by SH?

How so?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

to me the theory where I'm scum means I voted pmach pretty early d2 for reasons other than

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

within six minutes of my dickyb vote he has scumclaimef and both prop Mach and bowmore voted him to put him at -1

I didn't like that rush hence my votes today

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I don't buy it as much, I think pmach lurking was an opportunity for scum to build cred by being on that vote

I don't hate the jimson dunk

I agree with this possibility. I'm just trying to work through the question of you and Somber that's being posed. Either it's more obviously Somber when it was clear Pmach was definitely dead meat, or it's you when you realized you could throw PMach under the bus early on and now you're creating an active defense for yourself.

Occam's razor says Somber though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

to me the theory where I'm scum means I voted pmach pretty early d2 for reasons other than

Yeah, it's why I'm less inclined to believe that it's you in that equation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

More pertinent question: How many people are actually here?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Kashuno is definitely the scum. We should dunk him and figure the rest out from there amen.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
But I also trust max so
##vote Somberbrero

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Kashuno is definitely the scum. We should dunk him and figure the rest out from there amen.

Mmmhmmm.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Max posted:

Mmmhmmm.

Thanks for agreeing : )

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm here

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here, but I'm gonna do a full reread.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Podima posted:

Here, but I'm gonna do a full reread.

U do that

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Thanks for agreeing : )

same

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (2): SLASHER HAWKE, JimsonTheBetrayer
JimsonTheBetrayer (2): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Kashuno, Max, Podima, Kashuno
SLASHER HAWKE (2): Kashuno, Somberbrero
Kashuno (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (2): Jedit, Retro Futurist

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 4 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm good with a Somber vote. That's twice now he's tried for a gotcha on someone - first RF, now SLASHER. ##vote Somber I've posted cases on him before that I still think are valid - the only thing that gives me pause is how D2 wrapped up, but I could see it as aggressive bussing/cred-building.

As a secondary, Jimson has been rubbing me the wrong way - I also find it interesting he's had 4 different people vote for him today, but never got closer than 3 votes at a time.

Here's a List:

Cool Dude
Podima

Tentatively Towny
SLASHER HAWKE - actually approaching the game with a modicum of logic, responded to Somber's push here with a thought process that makes sense
Jedit - has been making cases from a similar mindset to me, even with not-many posts.

Middling Maybes
Max/postmodifier - I would have murdered the poo poo out of postmod for D1. Max improved this, and pushed PMach enough (and early enough in D2 before it became clear she wasn't showing) that I'm not too concerned now.
Retro Futurist - Mostly neutral but I don't think scum does an 'ugh' hammer like that on D1. Not much beyond that.
Kashuno - Was making decent reads when he joined the game, has dropped off sharply. Getting a bad vibe.

Simply Scummy
Somber - already talked this one through.
Jimson - Scummy apologizing, omgus'd SLASHER, and the below:

Day 2 before PMach's flip

I'm on the awful all so I can't be assed. Was it opop who dropped that really silly "but he thought pmach was scum! Hmmmm..." defence on slasher crow?

Day 3

Hmmm... That's interesting. Would someone mind breaking down for dummies why you all thought pmach was scum? No one really gave a read in it. Just said Oh They're scum

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (3): SLASHER HAWKE, JimsonTheBetrayer, Podima
SLASHER HAWKE (2): Kashuno, Somberbrero
JimsonTheBetrayer (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Kashuno, Max, Podima, Kashuno, Podima
Kashuno (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (2): Jedit, Retro Futurist

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 21 minutes.

RF, Jedit. Thoughts?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm down with that.

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm the town case stealer you goons. postmod/rf/jimson were my targets.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmmmmmm

##unvote for now.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

ugggghhhhh
##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There we go, that's a proper unvote.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Max posted:

ugggghhhhh
##unvote

~uguu~

barring counterclaim I'd vote jimson or rf rn

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

i'm the town case stealer you goons. postmod/rf/jimson were my targets.

Wait, three nights?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in case it isn't clear, obviously i don't have it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Funny, Max is one of the people I suspect.

We need to look at who pushed PMach when. It's very likely that Slam told them in the scumdoc that PMach would be modkilled if she didn't show, which would allow them to bus her for cred in the knowledge they probably weren't compromising their team.

Max didn't even wait 24 hours into the day before asking if PMach had checked in, voted shortly after. That's really ringing my bell, especially as Max subbed in at the start of the day. What caused him to ask about PMach's absence so early?

Max posted:

Has Pmach checked in yet?
No.

He later jumped off to join Podima on me, but then reverted just before deadline when he couldn't get traction.

Slasher came in really early, two days out, and never moved. The vote isn't exactly high quality and it was early enough as not to endanger PMach, but it's also too early to have made a judgement based on scumdoc info.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

##vote prop mach similar to bowmore but has one more vote atm

Somber soft pushed 26 hours out, but didn't vote for another full day. I have to agree with Podima that it's a bad vote, basically saying that he is taking the easy lynch but didn't do so until almost the last minute.

Somberbrero posted:

the 'easy vote' here is pmach. they've disappeared from the other game i was playing with them too. i think we should just expect the modkill. if that's the case, who would you vote for?

Opop came in very late, two hours before deadline. Started with a soft push but voted almost immediately after. This could be an attempt to build Town cred after a bad Day 1.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm here. I'd vote pmach or switch to slasher

One other point to consider is that unless you think there was only one scum on Dick's lynch, then at least one of Max, Opop, Kashuno and myself must be scum. If that's the case then I'm looking less hard at Somber, who was never on that lynch, and harder at Max and Opop.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Claim your targets and why you chose them each night.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Wait, three nights?

Lol I just saw this. gently caress you Somber you hosed up your fakeclaim, get owned.

I'm the town case stealer, I targeted PMach n1 (no case) and Jedit n2 (no case). You can see this by me soft clearing Jedit almost immediately on Day 3.

Somber is the scum case stealer, and now we get to find out if he passed it to his buddy or not.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: Saw Somber's claim only after posting. I definitely want to kill Max or Opop now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Max is town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

Mafia edit: Saw Somber's claim only after posting. I definitely want to kill Max or Opop now.

Read the next thing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I believe Podad over Somber ##vote Somber

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
RF or Jimson is scum with Somber, that was an attempted clear since the case stealer is functionally a weak cop when scum steals the case night 1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i got a n0. that's fine, get pod tomorrow. i had to drive out to a trade show for a dumb work emergency, will be scarce.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

RF or Jimson is scum with Somber, that was an attempted clear since the case stealer is functionally a weak cop when scum steals the case night 1.

I've been thinking WAY too much about this ever since we (well, I) learned scum stole the case on Night 1 and what the best way was to handle it since.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Lol I just saw this. gently caress you Somber you hosed up your fakeclaim, get owned.

I'm the town case stealer, I targeted PMach n1 (no case) and Jedit n2 (no case). You can see this by me soft clearing Jedit almost immediately on Day 3.

Somber is the scum case stealer, and now we get to find out if he passed it to his buddy or not.

You want to link to the post where you soft cleared me at the start of the day? I just re-read you and the first time you mentioned me since voting for me yesterday was in your List of Everybody. Also my not having the case in no way proves my alignment, so you cannot soft clear me on that basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Max posted:

Read the next thing?

I only saw that after.

• Locked thread