Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The Island of Kirane is fairly unexceptional. It is mostly flat but its soil is too rough for good farming. It has plenty of sea, but most of the fish are too bony for even a good stew. It has large towns, even a proper city, but they pale in comparison to the extravagance of Arrentish metropoles on the mainland. Unique fruits grow along the southern coast that would make traveling the Morze easier, but they are unknown outside of a few scattered village foragers.
Indeed, as far as the rest of the world was concerned, the island was just a waypoint to bigger, more exciting places. And so it was for centuries. But three years ago things in Kirane changed forever.
Shepherds often used their sheep's intestines to create crude string instruments like rustic lyres or dissonant harps. But one inventor, Ana Violina, has taken these building blocks and created something new. Using smooth, curved wood and tight catgut, this "violin" can create a wide range of beautiful sounds: dark and sonorous, full and mellow, lustrous and rich. Ana played a brief song in the court of Petty Queen Jelena II and all were astounded. The Queen was so delighted with the performance that she ordered her finest carpenters to create more of these violins exactly to Ana's specifications, and founded a conservatory for the study of this marvelous new invention, appointing Ana as its director.
Which brings us to today. The conservatory's first class of "violinists" are about to graduate, and for their first public concert - the first time a violin orchestra has ever performed - they will play a requiem in honor of the Queen's deceased consort. As if things weren't already tense enough, the violinists heard that the Empress herself, Queen Cornelia the Quiet, will be in the audience. Impressing her would mean touring on the mainland and throughout the Imperia, ensuring a lifetime of prosperity.
A week before their graduation concert, the first chair's violin was destroyed during the night by an unknown saboteuse. There's no time to break in a new one before the concert - the chair is dismissed from the orchestra in tears. Who would do such a thing? The violinists realized the attacker had to be from their own ranks. But... who?

(source)
Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) Asiina
2) CCKeane
3) Chic Trombone Flying Leatherman
4) Dick Bastardly
5) dogmother1776
6) got some chores tonight
7) Kashuno
8) Max
9) Murmur Twin
10) Pinterest Mom
11) Rarity
12) Retro Futurist
13) The Ninth Layer
14) this is a stickup
15) Your Personal Muse

Replacements:
- Podima
- Sober

Night 0: TaoJones, Ema Hoenig, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 1: Nobody was successfully executed this day. How sad.
Night 1: CCKeane, Dominik, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 2: Rarity, Ivo Kovačić, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), kicked out.
Night 2: The Ninth Layer, Cvetka, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 3: dogmother, Dragutin, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), kicked out.
Night 3: YourPersonalMuse, Alen Mraz, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), removed.
Day 4, morning: Asiina, absconded without a flip. That's a thing! Woah! Ecco secret menu!
Day 4, Evening: Dick Bastardly, Alexandra Mrutski, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), kicked out.
Night 4: Flying Leatherman, Zora, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 5: MurmurTwin, Patricija, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), kicked out.
Night 5: Pinterest Mom, Jovro, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 5: got some chores tonight, Klaudijus Miše, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), kicked out.
Night 5: Retro Futurist, Ema Mrutski, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), removed.
Day 6: this is a stickup, Marko, Heartbroken Musician (self-aligned overeager vigilante), kicked out.

GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 8, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In as a replacement! This is probably one of your bestworst thread titles, btw.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cop, day zero action shows Podima is scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
please address me as "captain heckbutt"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sigh, this was apparently inspired by my wife, so I think I have to play.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

my wife

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What about her?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Put me on the replacement list also, please :love:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
join

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w482tCxom64

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

In as a replacement! This is probably one of your bestworst thread titles, btw.

It is my third best game title. My second is "Galaxy Pork 2525: Bacon Beauties from Beyond Betelgeuse," while my first is and always will be "A Gay Romp in Guernica."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess.

If I'm scum though I will be extremely angry.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i was linked this so ya

I Will Do This Thing

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sign me up! I have plat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Very interested to see if Asiina inherited Spoonsy's curse.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright but only if I'm scum

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

May I join this game if I don't have plat? I can do email or discord or w/e.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Just give me his role and I'll get it to him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Or I guess her unless he she is a dudedog mother!?!!?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

dogmother1776 posted:

May I join this game if I don't have plat? I can do email or discord or w/e.
yreah

EccoRaven posted:

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

Or I guess her unless he she is a dudedog mother!?!!?

gender signifiers in one's username are 100% reliable

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

cool thanks I'm dogmother1776 via gmail and I would like to join :) also a dude

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Instruments made from dead animals are the only instruments I'll play.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I shall do the thing

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Only need one more before I can spend a few months writing role PMs! :toot:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
THIS AIN'T A SONG FOR THE BAROQUEN HEARTED

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
my goodness, I missed it. Can I get on the (admittedly already-quite-hefty) replacement list?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Flying Leatherman posted:

my goodness, I missed it. Can I get on the (admittedly already-quite-hefty) replacement list?

Move FL up above me on the replacements list, please :)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
chores I would like to request ordinary world by hit english synthpop band duran duran

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would like to request to not die D1/N1. Thank you, god bless.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
denied, sorry friendo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I will triumph, you wait and see. :argh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

chores I would like to request ordinary world by hit english synthpop band duran duran

this song was my jam when i was 12 i didn't know it was a duran duran joint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA39yqwnX98

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

this song was my jam when i was 12 i didn't know it was a duran duran joint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA39yqwnX98

same 10000%

for some reason I had the song stuck in my head and had to look this version up

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It was a song on the original DDR.

I spent a good two months of my teenage life doing DDR.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

It was a song on the original DDR.

I spent a good two months of my teenage life doing DDR.

I spent a good three years of my early 20s in the DDR tournament scene :ohdear: It was the best shape I've ever been in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I eagerly await playing this game in May, 2018.

• Locked thread