Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Getting a match booked with Del Rio would probably be the smartest way to avoid him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Taker nudes released yet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Getting a match booked with Del Rio would probably be the smartest way to avoid him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well it's true that like the first rule of sexting is don't send anything that you wouldn't mind the whole world seeing, but i don't know that this counts as sexting?

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

DeathChicken posted:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Is the cumshot in Bookers Fave Five?

Were there 5 of them? If so that is my fav five

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Were there 5 of them? If so that is my fav five

THERE WERE 5 OF EM!! AUGHHHHHHHH JEEEZSUS!! AUGHHHH HATE CLUB! YOU'RE GONNA CUM!!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

THERE WERE 5 OF EM!! AUGHHHHHHHH JEEEZSUS!! AUGHHHH HATE CLUB! YOU'RE GONNA CUM!!

OOOOHHHH MAAAA! OHHHH!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lord Chumley posted:

OOOOHHHH MAAAA! OHHHH!!

I read these in my head in the perfect inflection and everything and I'm choking on laughter.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I read these in my head in the perfect inflection and everything and I'm choking on laughter.

just don't ask why robbie mireno is now blind :gizz:

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
brad maddox is currently begging yet another coyote to get him into Columbia with a set of sniper sights with the WWE logo in the middle are trained on him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

Ahaha, awesome :)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
A friend texted me today about the Paige leak and asked if I knew how Alberto was taking it. The same Alberto who absolutely not in a roid rage beat the poo poo out of Tortuga Rafy because he thought Paige was touched by the turtle. And his own brother in a police station. Yeah, I don't think he's taking it calmly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

how bright do you think the big gold belt shines under a black light?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paige was alone when the images first leaked and for quite some time after. ADR was visiting Drew Galloway at the time. She is a foreigner in San Antonio, TX and detached from her WWE co-workers. The messages her parents posted yesterday on Facebook are no joke either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, I'd peg Texas as the place a Norwich'er is most at home at in America. It's not like she's stuck in El Paso without a lick of Spanish.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

how bright do you think the big gold belt shines under a black light?

That thing glows like Chernobyl Reactor No. 4.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Booty-O's has something to do with Anilingus right?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

AlmightyPants posted:

A friend texted me today about the Paige leak and asked if I knew how Alberto was taking it. The same Alberto who absolutely not in a roid rage beat the poo poo out of Tortuga Rafy because he thought Paige was touched by the turtle. And his own brother in a police station. Yeah, I don't think he's taking it calmly.

I haven't been following this thread\story too closely, so sorry for a second but hahaha poo poo now I get the thread title.

Also ADR scares me. He hugs people violently, and not in a hugsports way, in an "I don't understand how to be affectionate and not 100% aggressive" way

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think it's victim blaming to think it's stupid taking lewd pictures and videos if you don't want them getting out. Granted, I got bored and stopped reading booker's comment about halfway through, so maybe he said something out of line later.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

Paige was alone when the images first leaked and for quite some time after. ADR was visiting Drew Galloway at the time. She is a foreigner in San Antonio, TX and detached from her WWE co-workers. The messages her parents posted yesterday on Facebook are no joke either.

Dude, don't be creepy.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rovert posted:

Save her, rovert

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

What messages from parents?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

AsInHowe posted:

Save her, rovert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2e6tTua-gU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

tao of lmao posted:

I don't think it's victim blaming to think it's stupid taking lewd pictures and videos if you don't want them getting out. Granted, I got bored and stopped reading booker's comment about halfway through, so maybe he said something out of line later.
I hope that's just poor phrasing on your's and Booker's part. There is a significant difference between "it's stupid to do this if you don't want it to become public" and "it's stupid to do this and not anticipate that it might become public". The former (your wording) implies you explicitly wish for the pictures/videos to be seen by the public at some point. I think it's safe to assume that Paige, Maddox, and Woods did not want these things to get out. However, it would be right to say that everyone should be aware that hacking/leaks are a fact of modern life and you should do everything in your power to keep your poo poo locked down.

Speaking from my own experience, I myself have been involved with this kind of situation, when an ex's photos and videos were hacked and spread around. She became a Z-list celebrity in an abstract hobby and, as the internet is prone to doing, this meant she picked up a few spiteful weirdos who went out of their way to dig up dirt. As it turns out, they tracked down one of my old Hotmail accounts from ~10 years prior and an FTP another ex of hers used, and brute forced their way in. Files that none of us even remembered existing were suddenly plastered on several message boards, twitter, etc.

If you said I was stupid for not fully purging an old account after I was done with it, I would agree. It's more than you ever think to do, but sure, okay, I should have wiped everything once I knew I was never going to use that e-mail address again. It was stupid of me to leave an inbox like that just sat there with paper-thin security.
If you said the other guy was stupid for keeping sensitive files on an FTP, I'd say that is even more of a stretch, but okay, maybe for this kind of thing he should have stored them strictly offline, or at least not used the same FTP he was using for a couple of (obscure, tiny) websites. Shoving everything in one online place is kinda dumb.
But I don't think it was stupid of any of us to create those files in the first place. When 17-year-old pressedbunny's 18-year-old girlfriend sends him an explicit video, neither of them considers that maybe this will come back to haunt them when they're approaching their 30s. You just don't think like that, and I don't think that's unreasonable.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

What messages from parents?

Saraya posted and deleted some things insinuating Paige was suicidal after this. You know, the normal things a carny family posts publicly on Facebook.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The love of her life, Alberto Eel Rio, is probably going to leave her, and she I stuck in southwest texas and probably running low on blow and xanax.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The love of her life, Alberto Eel Rio, is probably going to leave her, and she I stuck in southwest texas and probably running low on blow and xanax.

That Eel sounds slimy!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

pressedbunny posted:

But I don't think it was stupid of any of us to create those files in the first place. When 17-year-old pressedbunny's 18-year-old girlfriend sends him an explicit video, neither of them considers that maybe this will come back to haunt them when they're approaching their 30s. You just don't think like that, and I don't think that's unreasonable.

I think the rules were different in your case. Even just 10 years ago it was a different landscape. In 2007 there were still plenty of people going around with cell phones that couldn't text or take pictures. I don't even think the term "sexting" was popular yet then.

Nowadays, I think it is more unreasonable. If you google about sexting the first thing every piece of advice will say is don't do it unless you are OK with it getting out -- and this is advice to non-celebrities. I bet you they even warn kids about this in middle school now, like there are DARE sexting programs going around.

But this is more "sex tape" category than sexting, and sex tapes have been around for much longer and have been getting leaked when you are a celebrity for quite a while.

As an aside, I remember when I was in high school if you whipped out a cell phone it would be confiscated. I wonder if teachers can still get away with that nowadays or if they could be charged with theft or something?

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 21, 2017

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

pressedbunny posted:

I hope that's just poor phrasing on your's and Booker's part. There is a significant difference between "it's stupid to do this if you don't want it to become public" and "it's stupid to do this and not anticipate that it might become public". The former (your wording) implies you explicitly wish for the pictures/videos to be seen by the public at some point. I think it's safe to assume that Paige, Maddox, and Woods did not want these things to get out. However, it would be right to say that everyone should be aware that hacking/leaks are a fact of modern life and you should do everything in your power to keep your poo poo locked down.

Speaking from my own experience, I myself have been involved with this kind of situation, when an ex's photos and videos were hacked and spread around. She became a Z-list celebrity in an abstract hobby and, as the internet is prone to doing, this meant she picked up a few spiteful weirdos who went out of their way to dig up dirt. As it turns out, they tracked down one of my old Hotmail accounts from ~10 years prior and an FTP another ex of hers used, and brute forced their way in. Files that none of us even remembered existing were suddenly plastered on several message boards, twitter, etc.

If you said I was stupid for not fully purging an old account after I was done with it, I would agree. It's more than you ever think to do, but sure, okay, I should have wiped everything once I knew I was never going to use that e-mail address again. It was stupid of me to leave an inbox like that just sat there with paper-thin security.
If you said the other guy was stupid for keeping sensitive files on an FTP, I'd say that is even more of a stretch, but okay, maybe for this kind of thing he should have stored them strictly offline, or at least not used the same FTP he was using for a couple of (obscure, tiny) websites. Shoving everything in one online place is kinda dumb.

Yeah no it's not a "this is what you deserve" kind of thing just more of an exacerbated "why does keep happening" kind of thing.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

CubsWoo posted:

If they apologized and I didn't seem to be permanently disabled or disfigured by the punch (as Eichenwald is clearly no longer affected by the GIF?) Yeah, I probably would. But I don't have the power of being a known media figure and minor Twitter celebrity behind me to get articles written about me and push for someone to spend up to 10 years in jail for what was done so maybe my perspective is skewed.
Here's another scenario, what if you punched someone in the face with the expressed hope that this punch will kill them. After you punch them in the face but before you find out they're okay you go around going "YEP, I HOPE I KILLED THAT DUDE, HE DESERVES TO DIE".

Also there is no evidence outside of "The Jew Goldstein Defense Fund" promoted by a bunch of people throwing around anti-semitic slurs and Richard Spencer, a fundraiser on the super shady conspiracy/alt-right site WeSearcher to suggest "Jew Goldstein" felt any remorse for his avowed attempts to kill this Jewish alcoholic wife abusing Jewish child molesting Jew who probably sued his own Jew mother Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew anyway we all feel really bad about this and are definitely not still threatening this Jewish propagandist or anything like that.

But I suspect you knew all of that.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Here's another scenario, what if you punched someone in the face with the expressed hope that this punch will kill them. After you punch them in the face but before you find out they're okay you go around going "YEP, I HOPE I KILLED THAT DUDE, HE DESERVES TO DIE".

Also there is no evidence outside of "The Jew Goldstein Defense Fund" promoted by a bunch of people throwing around anti-semitic slurs and Richard Spencer, a fundraiser on the super shady conspiracy/alt-right site WeSearcher to suggest "Jew Goldstein" felt any remorse for his avowed attempts to kill this Jewish alcoholic wife abusing Jewish child molesting Jew who probably sued his own Jew mother Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew anyway we all feel really bad about this and are definitely not still threatening this Jewish propagandist or anything like that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This would have never happened if they'd used a VHS camcorder for their sex tape shenanigans like god intended

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*makes sex tape*

*labels VHS 'southpaw regional wrestling' to throw people off*

*turns on the network*

*tugs collar*

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Nowadays, I think it is more unreasonable. If you google about sexting the first thing every piece of advice will say is don't do it unless you are OK with it getting out -- and this is advice to non-celebrities. I bet you they even warn kids about this in middle school now, like there are DARE sexting programs going around.

A friend of mine took some classes for television broadcasting recently, and they definitely spend a decent chunk of time on the subject. Hell, we recently had a woman who did ads for a used car lot around here lose her job because of leaked nude photos, and I don't think more than 100,000 people had ever seen her before. It's just the perils of the business of public celebrity, on every level.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Edge & Christian posted:

In that scenario, where there is no remorse shown or amends attempted by the person who threw the punch? Yeah, I'd probably pursue charges.

quote:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

when i was a grad student i used to have to teach because i was at a public university and it's cheap labor, and i remember one day i was looking at one of those tube sites, getting ready to jerk it, and there was a thumbnail of one of my students from the previous semester with a caption like "super hot cam teen masturbates." and that's not even the first person i know that i've randomly stumbled across nude online. considering how "big" the internet is you would think this wouldn't happen, but it does I guess.

a dumber example is a girl i knew from high school that briefly took to "cam modeling "and thought that if she was careful it wouldn't get back to her parents somehow, but a week into it her cousin got mad at her for some reason and snitched on her, although she was like 25 at the time and lived by herself. i think it was over a matter of $60.00 and apparently they are still friends. This would have been 2009, I guess? anyway the quality of her webcam sucked back then.

anyway to this day you can still find her grainy choppy videos on one of those sleazy "we'll post anything and keep it up so long as long as it's not illegal" sites.

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 21, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Paige and ADR hosed on every surface of their restaurant. Even the checkout podium.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

CubsWoo posted:

In that scenario, where there is no remorse shown or amends attempted by the person who threw the punch? Yeah, I'd probably pursue charges.
I mean... let's take this out of the hypothetical.

John Rivello was on Twitter as (((Ari Goldstein))) @Jew_Goldstein and repeatedly tweeted out that he wanted Kurt Eichenwald to die, have a fatal seizure, etc.

After tweeting him the gif that would cause seizures in people with epilepsy reading "You deserve a seizure for your post" he apparently DMed some of his buddies saying "I hope this sends him into a seizure" and "let's see if he dies" and updated Eichenwald's wikipedia page to indicate that he had died after having a seizure on the day he sent the tweet.

All of this is according to The Department of Justice's press release about arresting Rivello, and the same document shows that they way they tracked him down was asking Twitter for his account info, tracking his IP address and his attached e-mail address (ari.jew.gold@gmail.com) and then finding there was an icloud account associated with it that was under his real name and also contained the aforementioned epilepsy gif and screenshots of the Wikipedia edits.

None of this indicates that the DOJ caught him because he apologized to Eichenwald, none of this indicates that he donated any money or showed any remorse. The only source for that is again, the Jew Goldstein Legal Defense Fund (changed to John Rivello Legal Defense Fund but the url keeps the original name) started by some random Twitter account that apparently deleted everything on their Twitter but started back up again today, trafficks pretty exclusively in alt-right poo poo and follows Richard Spencer and @Shoah_Addict and a bunch of other really charming poo poo. She claims (with no evidence) to be friends with Rivello, and further claims (with no evidence) that Eichenwald was drunk, wasn't taking his medicine, was sleep deprived, etc. so he was probably going to get a seizure anyway.

She goes on to claim (with no evidence) "Eichenwald obtained John's real name through a charity he had donated to in his name. John had donated to an epilepsy charity as a gesture of goodwill and as an apology to Kurt. He also wrote Kurt an email, apologizing and told him that he was donating to the charity in his name." Again, this isn't anything close to what DOJ was claiming.

Also WeSearchr is a sketchy as gently caress site founded by sketchy as gently caress alt-righter Chuck Johnson and Pax Dickinson to raise/scam money for things like EXPOSING THE CRIMES OF HILLARY CLINTON and EXPOSING THE NORTH VIETNAM TREASON SEX TAPES OF JOHN MCCAIN and doxxing people who do things like punch Richard Spencer or say rude things at Trump rallies or were photographed at some place people think might be involved with Pizzagate.

Even on the incredibly off chance RlyBecky is real and she's telling the truth that "Jew_Goldstein" actually felt remorse or donated to charity and the DOJ is committing a huge conspiracy fraud to cover it up, it's literally a movement that is getting regular shoutouts from Richard Spencer and David Duke and is based almost entirely on the idea of protecting this Fine American Boy against the depredations of a filthy lying jewish 'journalist'. Sample contributor notes:

"These yids need to be put in their place."
"Never apologize to these kikes. It's just blood in the water."
"Gas The Kikes, Race War Now"
"This pedophile Eichenwald is taking (((victim-hood))) to levels never thought possible."
"HEEBS WILL NOT DIVIDE US!"

These are also the people who made up the "sued his own mother" story about the guy. Definitely not even a hint of anti-antisemitism in any of this, nope. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and you didn't know any of this and were just browsing @Kike_Cuckabee on your twitter feed and took it at face value with no malice aforethought!

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to the day where people being naked and/or loving isn't seen like some great shame and we can all shrug and move on.

• Locked thread