Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

So is the UF draft postponed again?

Yes, until 9pm tomorrow. Later tonight I'm going to enter a dummy 10th team that will only draft players widely expected to play 0 games, so that the draft will absolutely happen tomorrow, and if anyone wants to put in a real 10th team between now and 3 hours before the draft tomorrow they can, and I'll remove the dummy. I jut didn't have time to put it in and set the draft rankings for it today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
WHat a stupid default rule set up by UF. I assume then that 3hrs before the draft there's a way of stopping people from signing up because if someone slips a new team in after that time it screws things up again?

Also, please make Wylie Buzza the captain of the Dummy Team

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'll be watching for the last hour to make sure nothing else breaks

thepokey posted:

Also, please make Wylie Buzza the captain of the Dummy Team

He'll be the first player picked!

Also, the AFLW grand final should have been held at Adelaide Oval with the Gabba ruled out - it wouldn't be reduced to curtain raiser, there'd be a great chance of a really big crowd and an amazing looking game under lights, and unlike Metricon we aren't getting hammered by strong rains all week in the lead up.

Plus I'd be able to go :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I couldn't view the videos so I just went with blind tribalism and voted for Erin for both.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

I couldn't view the videos so I just went with blind tribalism and voted for Erin for both.

I can view the videos but not vote, quality site

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I voted Harris and Ashmore.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
harris had the best mark by a mile, in how it looked, difficulty and game sense

the goals were a bit more even, phillips was a good goal made better by game sense, ashmore's was jammy as hell. i went for mccarthy's though, i liked that one the best

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
https://twitter.com/greenfieldpost/status/843755124925259777

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
On the couch is worse. Seeing loving David King give a critical analysis of Carlton's loss to the saints in the JLT is just eye rolling stuff

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

On the couch is worse. Seeing loving David King give a critical analysis of Carlton's loss to the saints in the JLT is just eye rolling stuff

Was it because Carlton didn't score more points than St Kilda?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Geelong following the tried and true Richmond method of offering contract extensions early to coaches no one else is interested in.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Geelong following the tried and true Richmond method of offering contract extensions early to coaches no one else is interested in.

The Richmond method would be Bucks and Bad Scott getting extensions

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NPR Journalizard posted:

It specifically says that it cant account for player changes between seasons.

That's to be expected I guess, I should probably bother reading the text next time.

Sandilands has come out saying he plans on playing next season, fingers crossed

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Opinions itt really bad regarding those AFLW rings, they're ugly as poo poo. Diamantes? Really?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A bye am I has been entered into Goon Golden Spoon, the draft will be happening at 9pm EDT, make yourself known fairly soon if you want to put a real team in instead of Wylie Buzza's crack company

Goon Tin Spoon only has 7 teams though, I guess everyone has gone off Supercoach

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

edit: nevermind there's UF posts above

3 Days until Footy!! :woop:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Suns are undefeated.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In a SHOCKING turn of events that NOBODY could possibly have seen coming, Jordan DeGoey actually broke his hand in a fight.

I personally cannot believe that a Collingwood player lied to the club about a disciplinary matter and the club bought it and repeated the lie to the media. There is no precedent for anything like this. I'm Shaw of it.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

tnimark posted:

In a SHOCKING turn of events that NOBODY could possibly have seen coming, Jordan DeGoey actually broke his hand in a fight.

I personally cannot believe that a Collingwood player lied to the club about a disciplinary matter and the club bought it and repeated the lie to the media. There is no precedent for anything like this. I'm Shaw of it.

did the truth ever come out about jeremy howe's mysterious broken finger last year which he also blamed on his dog?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

did the truth ever come out about jeremy howe's mysterious broken finger last year which he also blamed on his dog?

Didn't he admit that he broke it playing cricket?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

The Deadly Hume posted:

I have a feeling I did post these numbers a few weeks ago, but anyway.

It's funny to see that the reigning premiers are only a 50/50 chance of making the 8 but then I remember they won from 7th last year.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Didn't he admit that he broke it playing cricket?

I'm not sure he admitted it but there were multiple accounts and a scorecard that backed up that theory

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It makes me laugh that people still trot out the finished 7th thing. Besides the fact that we won four finals in a row, we went into the final match against Freo not giving a poo poo because Adelaide laying down like bitches after losing Sloane meant that winning would have made no difference on where we placed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Testekill posted:

It makes me laugh that people still trot out the finished 7th thing. Besides the fact that we won four finals in a row, we went into the final match against Freo not giving a poo poo because Adelaide laying down like bitches after losing Sloane meant that winning would have made no difference on where we placed.

I'm just glad you guys Pav a win in his last game

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I heard the doggies are gonna miss the 8 this year

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

It's weird to think that the next challenge for the reigning premiers is to finish in the top four

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If this humidity keeps up in Melbourne the round 1 matches are going to be utterly hosed, it's like loving FNQ here

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

pkid posted:

It's funny to see that the reigning premiers are only a 50/50 chance of making the 8 but then I remember they won from 7th last year.
They're a little stiffed by the draw too, I think, when I fed the sim a 34-round draw (2x17) the Bulldogs were about 52%.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

If this humidity keeps up in Melbourne the round 1 matches are going to be utterly hosed, it's like loving FNQ here

Brisbane humidity is loving garbo at the moment also so I can't imagine Metricon being much better

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Unless the Grand Final is worth extra points I just won the AFLW tipping comp, FYI. :smug:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Catching up on 360 now that you can view it through WatchAFL.

Robbo's first question of the year, to Gil Mclachlan: "Do you think the gabba turf was sabotaged?"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The draft is open and starts in 10 minutes

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

It is fair dinkum disgusting in Melbourne right now

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Spedman posted:

It is fair dinkum disgusting in Melbourne right now

Especially so with Metro's stingyness with aircon :smithicide:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cow Dude at 22. Let's bow our heads boys

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
A good draft.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

What a strange team, for better or worse, you're all Tiprats this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wylie Buzza's crack company are well stocked with stars of the game.

My team is less impressive, but we'll get there.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 21, 2017

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Wylie Buzza's crack company are well stocked with stars of the game.

If Wylie Buzza is the captain, can little Billy Frampton be vice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Geelong has a narkle?!

• Locked thread