Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
what if the scum gives it away to someone else?

I will vote Somber I just want to clarify this cop tning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

theoretically scum could give the case to a town they don't target that day and assuming that person isn't dunked steal it back the next night or not

idk ##vote Somber

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Heads up that I may not be around at 11 for the flip. Apologies but something came up, and I may have to do the flip first thing tomorrow morning.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I don't think it's Somber. I think Podima is the scum case stealer and currently has the case.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

You want to link to the post where you soft cleared me at the start of the day? I just re-read you and the first time you mentioned me since voting for me yesterday was in your List of Everybody. Also my not having the case in no way proves my alignment, so you cannot soft clear me on that basis.

The part I've bolded is what I meant - after pushing/voting you yesterday I didn't say a peep about you today and then put you in the Town category on my list, and hoped someone would notice and comment on the drastic shift. In retrospect I should have breadcrumbed better in case I got NKed without claiming, but eh.

Also yes, not having the case doesn't prove your alignment, but it is at least one data point in a world where I KNOW the person with the case is scum.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

theoretically scum could give the case to a town they don't target that day and assuming that person isn't dunked steal it back the next night or not

idk ##vote Somber

quote:

The actions will be resolved in a specific order:
Give Case, Night Kill, Scum Steal, Town Steal.

Scum steal happens before town steal - so yes, theoretically scum could give it away and then steal it back, but scum should always have it back in their possession by the time I yoink.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Jedit posted:

I don't think it's Somber. I think Podima is the scum case stealer and currently has the case.

why did Somber claim to have targeted three people though when OP says nothing about n0 actions?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna refer you to a cool post by Kashuno who is noticeably absent:

Kashuno posted:

Mmm Pod I am not really seeing the somber thing. The "is pod even on the table" comment comes across to me as more of "why even mention wanting to keep pod around right now" since the previous discussion was Max saying you are town. I think it's tenuous at best, but right now based on your case I don't see any convincing points that Somber is scum. He wasn't someone I had in mind at the moment, but I'll give him a full reread and see if anything stands out.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

why did Somber claim to have targeted three people though when OP says nothing about n0 actions?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know, that's way too convenient a scumslip, I'm willing to believe he had a N0

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why would the op need to specify night actions? why would you just assume i hosed up my claim?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

why would the op need to specify night actions? why would you just assume i hosed up my claim?

Because you're lying scum. Scum case stealer's only recourse when cornered is to try and get the town case stealer's claim out, which you did.

There is no way in hell that scum gets a n0 chance to steal the deathproof power from town AND TOWN DOESN'T - from a balance perspective, that's nuts. I did not get a n0 action.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you really think Podima really had that whole post ready to go as a fake claim? Why would Podima counter fake claim when we aren't at lylo? He'd just silently murder Somber. That's such a bad play for scum it's insane to think he'd do it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This will be the second deadline Kashuno has conveniently missed where scum was on the chopping block - last night it was PMach, tonight it's Somber.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh I didn't see Pod's counter claim. okee dokie then ##vote somber

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

this isn't an Ecco game so I assume the mod isn't trying to gaslamp me

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:sweatdrop:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

<snip>

Good job I refreshed before posting.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
:gary: :redhammer: :yarg:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thanks to everyone who submitted conditional night actions, I can resolve last night’s flip as well as the night, so the game can continue without interruption. Sorry for not being available last night.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

FInal Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (5): SLASHER HAWKE, JimsonTheBetrayer, Podima, Max, Max, SLASHER HAWKE, Max, SLASHER HAWKE, Retro Futurist
SLASHER HAWKE (2): Kashuno, Somberbrero
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Kashuno, Max, Podima, Kashuno, Podima, Max
Kashuno (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (1): Jedit

“Who could have betrayed us and taken the case? Our plan worked perfectly until that happened?” asks Spence. “It doesn’t matter” replies Vincent. “We know whoever has the case will try and sell it to the Russians. If we go after the case we’ll be one step behind. We should follow the Russians and we’ll find the case.” So, the team canvases their local contacts to try and find any leads. Sure enough, a Russian mechanic in Paris has heard a rumor about a high-profile exchange occurring that evening in a parking lot of an arena following a sporting event.

The team arrives just in time to catch sight of a man in a expensive coat carrying the silver case. “That’s him!” shouts Vincent and he runs ahead. As Mikhi turns, Vincent shoots in twice in the chest. Mikhi’s associate grabs the case and darts into the crowd. The team begins a chase, ducking through people who are now panicking from the gunshots. But in the chaos, the case slips away. The team returns to Vincent. They find him on the ground clutching his chest. In the confusion, he has also been shot!

Somberbreo, Mihki, Scum Goon has been killed Day 3!
Podima, Vincent, Town Case Stealer has been killed Night 3!

It is now Day 4!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oooh boy I look bad.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): Jedit, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, Max, Retro Futurist, SLASHER HAWKE

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Go town! :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

:ghost: Go town! :ghost:

ya got some high hopes. Man that votefinder av is just hilarious every time I see it..

On the topic.

Jedit posted:

<snip>

Good job I refreshed before posting.

Sits very very bad with me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
slasher can we o back to how you were able to clear Podima

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Can we plz lunch kashuno now so I don't gotta think so gooderer

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Can we plz lunch kashuno now so I don't gotta think so gooderer

##vote Kashuno

:siren:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Sits very very bad with me

I was typing up an argument that would have ended with me hammering Somber because I realised something about Podima's argument. While it wasn't proven that Somber was lying because he claimed a N0 action - Somber being truthful Town and Podima being scum fit the circumstances as she argued them - Town started with the case. There thus wasn't any point to giving the Town stealer a N0 action unless scum had one too.

I was being a little slow and a couple of posts behind around the lynch, and it was making me overly cautious because if Somber had been telling the truth Town was hosed. We would have lynched the Town stealer and gone into MYLO with a lynchproof scum and the scum stealer still alive. Today the second scum would have hopped on the vote and Podima would have self-hammered to up the odds of her bro getting the case. That would have given the scum a 50% chance of going into 3-2 LYLO with a lynchproof and being unbeatable.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's fair.

what do you think of Jimson's vote?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

RF or Jimson is scum with Somber, that was an attempted clear since the case stealer is functionally a weak cop when scum steals the case night 1.

I'm trying to figure out if this is what Somber was actually doing or not. On the surface it looks like he was just making a saving throw to out the case stealer but he may have also been banking on there not being enough time and the town case stealer not being around to counter him.

Though since Jimson looked like the other possible lunch for the day, I think that may clear him?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SH I think is cleared as well since that's who Somber was sitting on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are you leaning toward RF, then?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For me it's between you and RF, with Jedit in a distant third.

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't know, that's way too convenient a scumslip, I'm willing to believe he had a N0

Jedit had a similar defense, but he went all in. I think Somber was dead meat at that point, so I don't see Jedit making that argument so much as his scum buddy. RF here just offers a weak defense for his buddy but no other follow through on that statement.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

This is the Jedit post I'm referencing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Would vote RF before Kash I think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Would vote RF before Kash I think.

:same:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

For me it's between you and RF, with Jedit in a distant third.

Jedit had a similar defense, but he went all in. I think Somber was dead meat at that point, so I don't see Jedit making that argument so much as his scum buddy. RF here just offers a weak defense for his buddy but no other follow through on that statement.

You're ignoring the part where I'd missed a page and didn't see pod's claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

You're ignoring the part where I'd missed a page and didn't see pod's claim

Not ignoring it so much as not really believing it.

• Locked thread