Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Oh, and you don't have to be level 20 to get the XP put into one of the universal rank-thingies. That bar has been filling while I've been levelling up from 1, though it appears there's a few different "universal" perks that are attached to different classes. The human soldiers, for instance, get the "increased shields" perk, while human infiltrator (or at least the female one) gets increased health regen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Most of the guns I've experienced so far sound amazing so you might be experiencing a bug (which is believable, as there was a big sound bug with positional audio that got fixed already).

Or you just have strange taste if you don't think the katana and viper sound good.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The viper, katana and avenger all sounded pretty much the same for me, which I hope is a bug because the weapon sounds in the trilogy were pretty distinct and cool (and good)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to play multiplayer today and I'm going to run to the extraction zone at the start of round 11

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm TastyLemonDrops on Origin. Playing right now, so add me!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm RBAStarblade but I'll be a little bit before I get the game.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm going to play multiplayer today and I'm going to run to the extraction zone at the start of round 11

That's ok, my Vanguard will cover you with my 2 sniper rifles.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

tribbledirigible posted:

That's ok, my Vanguard will cover you with my 2 sniper rifles.

No he won't, there is no round 11 :smug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah for Bone Bros there's a slack with at least 15 of us actively playing

Pm your email for an invite

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Round seven shenanigans are so much more tense and hilarious with the freedom afforded by the new movement system.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Chasiubao posted:

I do like that change I must admit. Even if most games of MEA seem to last about the same time as ME3, sometimes the ME3 ones could feel really long.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Chasiubao posted:

Shh, Turtleneck's a sensitive fella. Don't go breaking his heart.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So far this is exactly what I wanted: the same but more of it. I'm addicted all over again, though the starting classes all kind of are meh aside from Vanguard. Human Eng is great except for having a dead skill (Turret) though maybe that's a good thing because it means they have something you can safely ignore.

I've been using a Revenant on everyone because it's the best overall weapon I've unlocked so far (but I just got the Talon so :getin: ) It has a shitload of bullets, does decent damage, and has very little recoil. I also have a Widow but haven't tried doing a :ninja: class yet. For a while I was going around hip-firing a Viper III though, that was fun.

The single player is actually amazingly good, at least the first mission is, but holy poo poo I gotta make more credits to buy some packs :sweatdrop:

I'll be on for a while probably, PS4 PSN zerodrone

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
When Xbox live is done being broken I'd love to play a few games with goons tonight.

Xbone: KevieKaotic

I'm a vanguard rear end in a top hat so I hope you're cool with that.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
PS4: DoctorKinbote

The multiplayer is the only reason I bought this trash game, hope it stays fun.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

precision posted:

Human Eng is great except for having a dead skill (Turret) though maybe that's a good thing because it means they have something you can safely ignore.

I dunno. Turret is a decent distraction early on, and a later upgrade gives a 30% tech power recharge bonus if you stay near it (along with 2%/sec repair of the turret).

E: Oh, also, additional ranks of a class (earned through packs) add additional points as well as cosmetic options, so it's a bit unclear to me how many total points will be available to spend. It looks like 4 extra points at rank 2, a cosmetic option at rank 3, and another 4 points at rank 4. Not sure how it progresses beyond that.

Av027 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Can I max out my skills like SP or is it back to doing a build? The mode feels pretty jank at times but I'm so glad I can play MEs multi again. The increased mobility is so welcome and I've already fallen in love with the Infiltrator again.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

moist turtleneck posted:

Nothing like watching a team get wiped by a couple of Nulifiers or Fiends sitting on the extraction zone.

Origin is cellected

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
LinKurosawa on PS4, if I trap you in a corner with my sentinel shields I'm not sorry.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Monolith. posted:

Can I max out my skills like SP or is it back to doing a build? The mode feels pretty jank at times but I'm so glad I can play MEs multi again. The increased mobility is so welcome and I've already fallen in love with the Infiltrator again.

Skills max at 6/6/6/6/1, 6/6/6/5/3 or 6/6/6/4/4 so you still have to do a build. You also have to max out the class with cards this time up to X to get all your skill points. Max at level 20 with just the base rank 1 kit is 6/6/5/2/0 or something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am ready to be bad at multiplayer but have fun doing it. PSN is SA_IcePhoenix

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
PC Origin is Piersonn

I wonder if anyone got the Super-Deluxe Edition for an extra Premium Pack a week for an extra £20.

Like, what the gently caress?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Pierson posted:

I wonder if anyone got the Super-Deluxe Edition for an extra Premium Pack a week for an extra £20.

While I was poking around to find the skill point numbers some guy on Reddit commented saying he'd already dropped $300 on points to open premium packs, what's an extra $40 really?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It took three wins of Silver to earn a Premium Spectre pack in ME3, from my rewards so far maybe 6-7 if you can consistently clear Silver for the new Andromeda equivalent, what the gently caress!?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Two Finger posted:

The Claymore is no longer in the game.

:smithicide:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pierson posted:

PC Origin is Piersonn

Haha I did because when I preorder ed I just went on the xbone store and assumed it would include a season pass for the inevitable single player DLC. It's me, I'm the moron.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
PC Origin is paymentplan. Still haven't bought the game, but I guess I will since the MP is a lot of fun and I was never that invested on the SP being good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Korgan Vanguard from my free packs. :w00t:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's a claymore-equivalent in SP (The Ruzad) so it's probably going to be in the first expansion.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
What's the deal with loot boxes? You want to buy the cheapest ones so the next tiers don't contain bad items? How do you know when you've got all the stuff from the cheap boxes?

I'll probably drop $20bux on currency, when can I open those sweet sweet premium packs for max value?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Posting my Origin gamer tag for PC players

Origin: Biodome10

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I bought this game so I could enjoy rubber banding to my laggy Russian pubbie friends.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

katkillad2 posted:

What's the deal with loot boxes? You want to buy the cheapest ones so the next tiers don't contain bad items? How do you know when you've got all the stuff from the cheap boxes?

If it's like ME3, you can tell because you'll have all the basic weapons and characters maxed out. Weapon at X, all of the color customizations for Human Vanguard 1, etc. Maxed out characters/weapons were removed from the drop pool, increasing your chance of getting something completely new.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

How are you guys queuing as party for multiplayer games with a group of less than four? My friend and I can't get anyone to join our lobby.

(X-post from single player thread, which I hadn't seen at the time. Sorry!)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

katkillad2 posted:

I'll probably drop $20bux on currency, when can I open those sweet sweet premium packs for max value?

Look under collectibles, you'll find a handy list of every card there is to get and how many card upgrades you've got for each. Everything that can rank up tops at 10.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Schubalts posted:

If it's like ME3, you can tell because you'll have all the basic weapons and characters maxed out. Weapon at X, all of the color customizations for Human Vanguard 1, etc. Maxed out characters/weapons were removed from the drop pool, increasing your chance of getting something completely new.

I think he was prompting me to include that information in the OP. It's there now, and I've written up a short blurb for the weapons I've unlocked to date.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Throne of Bhalz posted:

How are you guys queuing as party for multiplayer games with a group of less than four? My friend and I can't get anyone to join our lobby.

(X-post from single player thread, which I hadn't seen at the time. Sorry!)

Set it up as private, get everyone you want in, then go into settings and kick it back over to public. It'll fill the lobby, or it can also fill while underway. So far I've seen the lobby fill near instantly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

katkillad2 posted:

Buy the cheap ones till you max out the starter stuff then move along to the next tier.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

I think he was prompting me to include that information in the OP. It's there now, and I've written up a short blurb for the weapons I've unlocked to date.

Two Finger, you might want to mention the app Apex HQ - available for both Android and iOS devices- buggy and laggy like the main game, but it lists what is available for MP so far.

Under the "Prestige" tab is a 'Collections' section. It looks like it lists all the unlockables there: Characters/color tints, weapons, mods, and equipment (what was previously called gear- e.g. the Adaptive War Amp).

Oh, and Xbone GT is Rummskull.

tribbledirigible fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm having a lot of fun playing the SP but I want to try the MP. I never played the ME3MP though, any tips?

PC Origin: gjamq

• Locked thread