Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Tmo getting their bill credits in order for
Black Friday. Second bill in a row way below what I expect it to come in at. My crude math has it all trued up but waiting to see what the final steady bill will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
oh hey sup I work for T-Mobile now.

I think I posted in this thread about wanting to get a job there, and I went out and did it. woop

goku chewbacca posted:

Finally, despite CEO John Leger's fiery rhetoric about those "ridiculous" and "bullshit" activation fees that those other carriers charge, T-Mobile is instead tacking on a $25 SIM card charge to all new line activations and phone installment plan purchases/upgrades. But it's an equipment charge and definitely not an activation fee that their website and salespeople insist they don't charge. For what it's worth, I was able to get my $132.50 in SIM card charges fully covered by a combination of instant discounts and a bill credit.

I kind of legit loving hate this, I won't lie. Every day at least one person gets angry at me for the $20/$25 (our older sim cards still only charge $20, the newer ones shipped to us cost $25, so sometimes you get lucky) additional charge on their transaction. I feel like I kind of have to mumble through it because it feels so dishonest. "Okay, so your total comes out to $xx.xx, which is the $xx.xx down payment, $xx.xx for the full tax on the cost of the device, $xx.xx for your accessories, and then the$25upgradesupportcharge"

I mean, it's only an extra $25 on top of the loving $900 smartphone you're buying so it's not that big of a deal but at the same time I totally understand why it makes people mad, because it feels like money that vanishes into nothing just for the sake of buying some share holder another ferrari or where ever the gently caress that money goes, I dunno.

edit: ha ha haaaaa I haven't posted on SA in a long time and I totally forgot about the avatar/text that someone in the Android thread was assblasted enough to buy for me. Love it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Daily Forecast posted:

I think I posted in this thread about wanting to get a job there, and I went out and did it. woop

I kind of legit loving hate this, I won't lie. Every day at least one person gets angry at me for the $20/$25 (our older sim cards still only charge $20, the newer ones shipped to us cost $25, so sometimes you get lucky) additional charge on their transaction. I feel like I kind of have to mumble through it because it feels so dishonest. "Okay, so your total comes out to $xx.xx, which is the $xx.xx down payment, $xx.xx for the full tax on the cost of the device, $xx.xx for your accessories, and then the$25upgradesupportcharge"

I mean, it's only an extra $25 on top of the loving $900 smartphone you're buying so it's not that big of a deal but at the same time I totally understand why it makes people mad, because it feels like money that vanishes into nothing just for the sake of buying some share holder another ferrari or where ever the gently caress that money goes, I dunno.

edit: ha ha haaaaa I haven't posted on SA in a long time and I totally forgot about the avatar/text that someone in the Android thread was assblasted enough to buy for me. Love it.

Yea, just signed up my wife an account for the 20% for us all to move over too from my tmobile account. Sucked we had to drop $25 for a sim, especially when i used to buy them for $5 from bestbuy. But we will make it up in a month.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Daily Forecast posted:

are you working for Corporate or third party? I assume sales rep?

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Duckman2008 posted:

are you working for Corporate or third party? I assume sales rep?

Corporate, and yes, RSA.

I suppose ask me anything? I'm still relatively new so there's bound to be some stuff I don't know as well, but hey.

edit: just to pre empt the question: I do not get any more knowledge than you do about phone release dates and stuff like that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Alright, just switched from ATT. Thanks for the input/help from this thread. Kindly asked if anyone had a hookup code. The guy was bummed I wasn't porting over multiple lines or anything, nice guy though.

If anyone was wondering, if you get your iphone carrier unlocked, you don't have to restore or anything. Simply putting in the new sim was all that was needed, didn't even have to restart. Then just sign back into your icloud.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Alright, just switched from ATT. Thanks for the input/help from this thread. Kindly asked if anyone had a hookup code. The guy was bummed I wasn't porting over multiple lines or anything, nice guy though.

If anyone was wondering, if you get your iphone carrier unlocked, you don't have to restore or anything. Simply putting in the new sim was all that was needed, didn't even have to restart. Then just sign back into your icloud.

If you didn't get a code keep an eye on reddit, you can apply the code after you signed up as long as its in the promo period.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

If you didn't get a code keep an eye on reddit, you can apply the code after you signed up as long as its in the promo period.

Oh no he still helped me out and gave me a code. I applied it etc but it's not reflecting on my account or anything, but I'm sure I have to wait a bit.

But still this is like almost $30/less a month. Glad I asked in here during March. I should just kiss y'all and buy you dick AVs.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I signed up for the 2 unlimited lines for $100 plan, or $80 after the hookup code. For some reason they denied my Pixel transfer promo credit, though it seems like messaging them on Twitter will get it to go through. Odd that Twitter is possibly the most efficient way of contacting their customer support, but I suppose if it gets the job done it gets the job done.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Any news on t-mobile doing the free
MLB tv thing again this year? I used the gently caress out of that last season

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sarah Problem posted:

Any news on t-mobile doing the free
MLB tv thing again this year? I used the gently caress out of that last season

They put it out there last week, apparently coming on April 4th.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
I missed that last year. How does it work? Can I just give it to a friend, or is it tied to my phone number?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

rngd in the womb posted:

I missed that last year. How does it work? Can I just give it to a friend, or is it tied to my phone number?

Last year you had to sign up from the MLB app when your phone was on cellular data. Once signed up, the account functioned as a normal premium login on any device.

MLB turned hardass and started banning shared accounts like the $20 goon-split group, but I had a free account for every line on my plan, so I just handed them out to friends.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

My Samsung S7 edge has suddenly decided that it will no longer connect to data or cellular networks. WiFi works fine. Is this a common problem? Pretty sure I didn't forget to pay my bill.... We just got pushed a new cell service update last week and suddenly this isn't working anymore so I am wondering if anyone else is having issues

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So in a month or two I have to pay the remaining balance on my Galaxy S6. They are saying you can just turn it in? Does that mean you get some credit too or you get no value and get out of what is owed? Kinda wanna get a G6 when they come out.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

E2M2 posted:

So in a month or two I have to pay the remaining balance on my Galaxy S6. They are saying you can just turn it in? Does that mean you get some credit too or you get no value and get out of what is owed? Kinda wanna get a G6 when they come out.

Is it a "jump on demand?" If so that's a lease and you can give it back and lease or buy a new phone, or keep it and do a buyout on it.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

E2M2 posted:

Yeah don't get an LG.

But like the other poster said if it's jump on demand you can pay off the remaining balance and keep it, or turn it in and lease a new phone.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yea I think it was a JOD lease. Balance is like $150 or something. I guess I could do that and just sell it off and buy a new phone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Just found out that porting over 2 lines from Project Fi apparently didn't count for the 2017 Tax Time Switcher Offer, even though it doesn't say so on everything I saved. Just sent a request through Twitter, and they immediately responded asking for a DM. Hopefully they can get that straight because that'll be a pretty big aggravation if we don't get those two $150 prepaid cards.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Maybe a weird question, but does T-Mobile distinguish at all between corporate owned stores and 3rd party retailers? I came from AT&T and usually avoided 3rd party retailers as they had less ability to do stuff, charged for things corporate owned stores didn't, etc.

With T-Mobile, I haven't seen anything distinguishing stores at all, are they all corporate, or with T-Mobile does it just not matter?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Just found out that porting over 2 lines from Project Fi apparently didn't count for the 2017 Tax Time Switcher Offer, even though it doesn't say so on everything I saved. Just sent a request through Twitter, and they immediately responded asking for a DM. Hopefully they can get that straight because that'll be a pretty big aggravation if we don't get those two $150 prepaid cards.

The T-Mobile Twitter team responded: "For that tax-time switch promotion, the numbers ported in did have to come from a carrier that does not run off of our network to qualify. As Project-Fi does use our network for service, this wouldn't qualify for the rebate." They offered me $150 in credit to my bill as a one time exception. I was hoping for the two prepaid cards to help pay off my Nexus phones, but $150 is better than nothing and will mean that I don't have a bill for two months (already have a $20 credit for kickback on my account now).

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

My Samsung S7 edge has suddenly decided that it will no longer connect to data or cellular networks. WiFi works fine. Is this a common problem? Pretty sure I didn't forget to pay my bill.... We just got pushed a new cell service update last week and suddenly this isn't working anymore so I am wondering if anyone else is having issues

Have you tried Settings>Backup and reset>Reset network settings?

Maneki Neko posted:

Maybe a weird question, but does T-Mobile distinguish at all between corporate owned stores and 3rd party retailers? I came from AT&T and usually avoided 3rd party retailers as they had less ability to do stuff, charged for things corporate owned stores didn't, etc.

With T-Mobile, I haven't seen anything distinguishing stores at all, are they all corporate, or with T-Mobile does it just not matter?

It does matter. For example, third-party stores generally won't honor requests for free SIM cards whereas corporate stores will.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

repeating posted:

Have you tried Settings>Backup and reset>Reset network settings?

It does matter. For example, third-party stores generally won't honor requests for free SIM cards whereas corporate stores will.

Yeah that wasnt doing anything. a hard factory reset fixed the problem, we'll see if it stays or if it slowly breaks again.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

repeating posted:

For example, third-party stores generally won't honor requests for free SIM cards whereas corporate stores will.

Nope. Corporate stores don't do that anymore either, or at least my market doesn't.

I get at least a couple guys a week confidently telling me "oh, I never get charged for sim cards or upgrade fees at the other stores lol"

Yeah okay how about gently caress off and go to those other stores then. They'll tell you the exact same thing.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Daily Forecast posted:

Nope. Corporate stores don't do that anymore either, or at least my market doesn't.

I get at least a couple guys a week confidently telling me "oh, I never get charged for sim cards or upgrade fees at the other stores lol"

Yeah okay how about gently caress off and go to those other stores then. They'll tell you the exact same thing.

Hmm, maybe it hasn't filtered down here. What market? Maybe its a pilot.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

rngd in the womb posted:

I'd assume you'd have to check through the T Mobile Tuesdays app.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

https://www.t-mobile.com/mlb

Here's the link that explains how to do it. You are right that you need the T-Mobile Tuesday app

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah, can't sign up until April 4th, but do need the Tuesday app

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
IoT fans, prepare to rejoice. This per CEO at my workplace today, who absolutely did not say not to say this.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

repeating posted:

IoT fans, prepare to rejoice. This per CEO at my workplace today, who absolutely did not say not to say this.

My tethered smart-toaster won't count towards data limits???

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm thinking of getting an account on T-Mobile and had a quick question. I don't use my phone a lot, so I just want to do basically the cheapest plan, which looks to be the $45 prepaid plan. Is there a cheaper plan i'm not seeing? It's unlimited texts/calls and up to 4g's of data. I still get unlimited music streaming, right? I download everything on wifi and rarely go above 1gb. Also, am I able to buy an LG G6 from T-Mobile and still do prepaid, or do I have to be on their T-Mobile one service? I prefer to buy the phone outright and not lease things. Am I able to get insurance on a phone if i'm not leasing it?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

TheManWithNoName posted:

Only music and video. Toasting status will still count against your cap.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm currently on the Jump plan, which I like a lot, but I'm looking at switching over the the "2 lines for $100" deal so I can get my mom a smartphone, as she's on an old Sprint flip and it would only cost me about 30 bucks more a month to put her on my plan (which is what she currently pays monthly on sprint).

Is there any negative to me for switching to the Jump plan? I don't stream a ton of video content, and while I do stream music, I don't ever really hit close to my current 6 gig, so unlimited would mean maybe I could stream a bit more from Plex instead of Spotify which on Jump, the audio quality ain't so good.

My main question is would I still be able to "jump" to a new phone if I moved over to this 2-line unlimited deal, or is it going back to contracts? And are there any other big downsides that I'm not thinking about?

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

TheManWithNoName posted:

It's the T-Mobile ONEsie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SqTwIF4p64

http://www.bemagenta.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=27590&pid=217739&logoid=0

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

ShowTime posted:

I'm thinking of getting an account on T-Mobile and had a quick question. I don't use my phone a lot, so I just want to do basically the cheapest plan, which looks to be the $45 prepaid plan. Is there a cheaper plan i'm not seeing? It's unlimited texts/calls and up to 4g's of data. I still get unlimited music streaming, right? I download everything on wifi and rarely go above 1gb. Also, am I able to buy an LG G6 from T-Mobile and still do prepaid, or do I have to be on their T-Mobile one service? I prefer to buy the phone outright and not lease things. Am I able to get insurance on a phone if i'm not leasing it?

If you only need 1 GB of data per month then Ting (depending on your voice and text usage) or Project Fi (if you have/can buy a compatible phone) might be better deals for you.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

ShowTime posted:

I'm thinking of getting an account on T-Mobile and had a quick question. I don't use my phone a lot, so I just want to do basically the cheapest plan, which looks to be the $45 prepaid plan. Is there a cheaper plan i'm not seeing? It's unlimited texts/calls and up to 4g's of data. I still get unlimited music streaming, right? I download everything on wifi and rarely go above 1gb.

There's still the $30 T-Mobile dork plan (5GB softcap, 100min, unlimited text), but the prepaid plan competition is good enough that I wouldn't recommend something with so few minutes unless you're positive about virtually never going over the talk time.

Ting, Republic, Cricket, Fi, etc are plenty competitive.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Isn't that plan gone now with the new Simply Prepaid plans that give 4/6GB+unlimited talk/text at $45/55?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DemonMage posted:

Isn't that plan gone now with the new Simply Prepaid plans that give 4/6GB+unlimited talk/text at $45/55?

No.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Wow, got approved for the pixel promo even though I bought it over 30 days ago. thanks tmobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
is the mlb promo a separate account for each line?