Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Or because he's loving terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not mutually exclusive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bethlehem Shoals is now fighting Patton Oswalt for some reason

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bethlehem Shoals is now fighting Patton Oswalt for some reason

He's such a whiny little prick nowadays.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

An answer to the Simmons/Lowe question

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/03/19/ncaa-tournament-athlete-live-streaming-sports-media-future

quote:

2a. Had plenty of people ask about the recent appearance by Zach Lowe on Bill Simmons’s podcast (as well as Simmons's appearance on Lowe’s podcast). The same questions came regarding The Ringer staffer Robert Mays appearing on the podcast of ESPN’s Bill Barnwell. As many of you know, all of these people were colleagues at Grantland before Simmons made an acrimonious exit from ESPN and ESPN killed the site. Few ESPN staffers have previously appeared on The Ringer podcasts.

So why the rendezvous? It’s not as complicated as you might think. ESPN has always treated podcast requests on a case-by-case basis and it’ll often let high-profile staffers appear on places where there has been some corporate conflict (for example, ESPN’s Adam Schefter appears regularly on WEEI Radio in Boston, a station at the fore of the anti-ESPN sentiment in New England). Obviously, Simmons will always be a hot-button topic among some Bristol execs, but an ESPN spokesperson said, “It was a group discussion and a pretty quick one” regarding Lowe’s request. Which executives were part of this decision? ESPN did not respond to that request.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh no how will puny little ESPN ever stand the onslaught of broadcast juggernaut WEEI

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

oh no how will puny little ESPN ever stand the onslaught of broadcast juggernaut WEEI

WEEI is actually the Boston area ESPN Radio affiliate

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does this mean Jacoby and Juliet Litman can talk about the Bachelor on the reg again?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

howe_sam posted:

According to this interview with Simmons incredibly well, if that's true or not, well, Deadspin claimed he was lying through his teeth, but Deadspin gotta Deadspin. :shrug:

His podcast is cleaning up. He's getting close to $100 CPM on his show. The podcasts alone are probably floating the entire site by themselves.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

Does this mean Jacoby and Juliet Litman can talk about the Bachelor on the reg again?

they already did after like the third episode

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress Pat Forde forever, but some photographer across the court from him got an incredible picture of him while that Wicheta State coach's wife was losing her poo poo, and it's kinda hard not to feel for him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

gently caress Pat Forde forever, but some photographer across the court from him got an incredible picture of him while that Wicheta State coach's wife was losing her poo poo, and it's kinda hard not to feel for him.

"Where did I go wrong in my life?"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

Fun story from this game: apparently a reporter (I cannot remember who) got video of Coach Marshall's wife being a crazy rear end in a top hat, and an NCAA official literally stared over his shoulder while he was Tweeting so they could order him to delete it once he posted it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Fun story from this game: apparently a reporter (I cannot remember who) got video of Coach Marshall's wife being a crazy rear end in a top hat, and an NCAA official literally stared over his shoulder while he was Tweeting so they could order him to delete it once he posted it.

Yeah it was some Kentucky radio guy. I loved the NCAA freaking about it like deleting it was somehow going to make thigns better

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

I've met Pat Forde and Pat Forde deserves so much worse than this.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I've never read any of his stuff. Why is Pat Forde bad?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Short version, he's really egotistical trash. Constantly refers to himself in third person.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DJExile posted:

Yeah it was some Kentucky radio guy. I loved the NCAA freaking about it like deleting it was somehow going to make thigns better

And of all people to try and do it to, the Kentucky Sports Radio crew are the absolute last ones on that list. They live for poo poo like this.

DJExile posted:

Actually I can not feel for Forde just fine after seeing this picture thank you for asking.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ego symphonic posted:

I've never read any of his stuff. Why is Pat Forde bad?

Pat Forde writes everything on the assumption that the reader's most vital concern is how what happened affected Pat Forde.

I also liked that one column about his kids being in the last US Olympic Swim Trials where he jacks himself off to a list of important poo poo he's attended and tries to mask it as though it's simply included to provide perspective.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/lukeoneil47/status/844237629109522432

Simmons owns the concept of value and lists

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I am 100% convinced Simmons is not being serious, but holy gently caress he does a bad job selling the joke.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

howe_sam posted:

I am 100% convinced Simmons is not being serious, but holy gently caress he does a bad job selling the joke.

Yeah, it's tongue in cheek. Twitter isn't the best medium for sarcasm.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'll own being dumb but yeah on both counts

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This definitely seems like something Simmons would pick a fight over, and given the lack of follow up from either of them I'm pretty sure he was

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
OK guys, today I'm going to do something a little different and going to rank some players (ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEALTM)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

This definitely seems like something Simmons would pick a fight over, and given the lack of follow up from either of them I'm pretty sure he was

He has in fact picked a fight with other writers over this exact thing, so I'm not sure I buy it was a joke. I think Jonah is just way too nice a guy to get into a dumb twitter fight with someone he otherwise likes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Powerful subtweet
https://twitter.com/jaycaspiankang/status/844241102022594560

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ever since I invented the idea of saying that things are better than other things in 1990 people have been stealing from me a staggering amount.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Pat Forde the one that changes mock draft retroactively to make him look better?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Pat Forde the one that changes mock draft retroactively to make him look better?

That's Chad Ford.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Pat's the one who keeps referring to himself as "The Dash"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
As a long time obnoxious prick I really feel like Bill Simmons is infringing on my IP

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Pretty sure poo poo posters in SAS have been over using parentheses and making bad pop culture references since 2003.

What a petty little gently caress. Literally taking ownership of the concept of ranking players

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the fact that Simmons published the tweet-link the column means it was a tongue-in-cheek joke. People are really quick on the draw to get offended by stuff Bill Simmons says.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

I think the fact that Simmons published the tweet-link the column means it was a tongue-in-cheek joke. People are really quick on the draw to get offended by stuff Bill Simmons says.

This is true but constantly being a petty dickhead tends to make people assume you're being a petty dickhead when you playact being a petty dickhead

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's really hard to give Bill any benefit of the doubt at this point. This is the guy who kept daring ESPN to fire him then acted like it was his choice when they did.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bill Simmons is not joking. Note the date.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/11126768106741761

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Incredible

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
If it is a joke, I legitimately don't understand what the joke even is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Tom Ley at Deadspin is hinting that he has an inside man telling him this isn't a joke.