Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

gmq posted:

I'm having a lot of fun playing the SP but I want to try the MP. I never played the ME3MP though, any tips?

PC Origin: gjamq
Prioritize the objective during waves 3+6 over killing enemies, they don't stop spawning until you finish them. Don't go to the extraction point until the last ~20 seconds - you want to try to draw enemies away and give yourself room to move. In general, don't let yourself tunnel- stay mobile and always have a retreat path.

On the classes front, the Asari adept seems utterly amazing- annihilation field with radius+damage amp+shield restore is an amazing force multiplier for your group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
PC origin: Chamusta

Up for playing some multi later, probably can't host but I can connect just fine.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
3 questions:

Can I play it in 144Hz?
Is Saber back??
Is the Saber sound back??? :black101:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Smol posted:

3 questions:

Can I play it in 144Hz?
Is Saber back??
Is the Saber sound back??? :black101:

The Saber is currently keeping the Claymore company.
:smith:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
gently caress this lovely game then.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
My PSN name is MorgaineDax, and I think I've added everyone in this thread so far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

no smol come back there's all these new classes and I don't know how to build them

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So far I've played nothing but a few hours of multiplayer.

Game is cool and good :toot::toot: Except for the roaming hordes of idiot pubbies who keep trying to kill all the baddies instead of doing the loving objectives you loving idiot hellfuckers i hate you

Alteisen posted:

Korgan Vanguard from my free packs. :w00t:
You and me both, buddy! :getin: I also somehow got one of the new alien classes and I'm afraid to try and experiment with it because what if I gently caress it up

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Multiplayer is great, definitely scratching that ME3 multiplayer itch.

Only thing really bothering me are those giant pouncing animals that literally don't make a sound.

Edit: It also really sucks using exp boosters and getting put into an already in progress failing group.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 21, 2017

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So far I've played nothing but a few hours of multiplayer.

Game is cool and good :toot::toot: Except for the roaming hordes of idiot pubbies who keep trying to kill all the baddies instead of doing the loving objectives you loving idiot hellfuckers i hate you

You and me both, buddy! :getin: I also somehow got one of the new alien classes and I'm afraid to try and experiment with it because what if I gently caress it up

Respecs are really easy to get now I think, unless there's some escalating cost. It's 15 mission funds and you can get 40 or so a day playing the phone game, or 30 a day just doing the apex missions in multiplayer.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Is there a setting to just generally mute players? I hate having to mute people one by one. I can never figure out who is talking.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'll be grinding this soon, wanna get a little deeper into the plot. PSN: burtology

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Anyone what wants to add me on the PS4 as well, my PSN is the same there as it is here :toot: I said in the last thread, but I should repeat it here.

ALSO you should probably say what your av on PSN is in case there's more than one person with your name. Mine's the Dragonzord :krakken:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 21, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I will literally buy paid DLC that is just adding the Claymore back.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Just checking in to say that the Xbox pubbies are inexcusably terrible.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
They're terrible on every platform, son.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Well that's a relief

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

chami posted:

The Saber is currently keeping the Claymore company.
:smith:

:Anguished, lonely screaming:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
PSN is Thundercloud2013 for PS4. I'll be moving in a little over a week and my internet will likely be off for a while, but when it comes back on I'll be playing. I've added the PS4 players so far in the thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah I had a group of pubs who just... completely loving ignored the things we were supposed to deactivate. None of them even tried to do said objective, and when I died trying to deactivate it (because I was by myself, because no one came with me :shepface:) no one came to revive me. At least we were on wave 6 at the time so we managed to get away with a little money anyway.

They way they moved and acted I think they sincerely thought "we can just kill all the mobs and *then* do the objective!" Yeah, it... it doesn't work like that.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, what I thought was a goon ME3 discord server is apparently a reddit one or something, and has all sorts of crazy roles and channels and makes you agreed to a ruleset before you can join voice chat and poo poo, so I've set up a goon one here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814279

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah I had a group of pubs who just... completely loving ignored the things we were supposed to deactivate. None of them even tried to do said objective, and when I died trying to deactivate it (because I was by myself, because no one came with me :shepface:) no one came to revive me. At least we were on wave 6 at the time so we managed to get away with a little money anyway.

They way they moved and acted I think they sincerely thought "we can just kill all the mobs and *then* do the objective!" Yeah, it... it doesn't work like that.

It doesn't help that half the time the drat things will stop channeling while you're holding down your use key, even if you're not getting shot.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I got Krogan vanguard in my first pack so that's cool

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

:siren:

Equipment was apparently just off during the trial, but is purchasable with mission funds in the Item Store tab of the shop. There's only 2 of the 6 available right now for me, spare Thermal Clips for 70 and a Juggernaut Shield (Shield HP and Melee Damage) for 120. Save your mission funds!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I've done a very quick writeup of the character classes I had available to me. If anyone wants to share more insights please do. Updated the OP as well. Will update the player list shortly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apex missions can be done with a team so its a good idea to add each other to get those done and get those sweet free rewards.

Oh and RUN THE gently caress AWAY FROM THE ASCENDANT IF HES GOT HIS SHIELD UP, he will one shot your rear end if he gets within range.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I heard rumblings that sync kills would now only happen if you were below a certain health/shield. Has anyone had a chance to test this?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
PC Origin: Kaysette

The Turian Havoc description sounds cool as heck. Extra damage while airborne?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I heard rumblings that sync kills would now only happen if you were below a certain health/shield. Has anyone had a chance to test this?
I don't know about this, but all the sync kills have telegraphs now- the ascendant puts up an orange ring around you, for example. The Remnant don't have any at all as far as I can tell.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Shotgun reviews:

Disciple: 4 ammo, 24 in clips, hits like a truck still.

Hesh: 10 ammo, 20 in clips, fires much faster, does about 1/2 the damage of the Disciple and you're always out of ammo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The length of rounds feels a lot better to me. Just two normal waves between an objective and then leaving after only two objectives keeps things more interesting.

Two Finger posted:

Either I've been paying no attention to my health and shields or it's total bullshit. I just had another ascendant instantly snap next to me from and trigger a sync kill at the same time out of nowhere, in a relatively low-lag game. I was chilling out a fair distance away with full health and nearly full shields. if I meet the person who was responsible for that mechanic not only coming back but somehow being worse this time around, only one of us is walking out of the room intact, unless they are nice to me

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, Ascendants can teleport long distances?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Host quit, threw me solo into the lobby and I lost my boosts. :thumbsup:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Host quit, threw me solo into the lobby and I lost my boosts. :thumbsup:

Some things never change.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

you should have to play one full wave before your boosts are consumed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh god I forgot how bad pubbies suck :negative:

On the bright side, the old "Vanguard ABC with a Talon" strategy seems to be working just fine for me

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I played ME3 multiplayer obsessively non-stop for eighteen months or something. I've been really looking forward to this but first impressions are... I'm not sure. I want to love it but it's not love at first sight.

Also, did the multiplayer servers just poo poo the bed? I was in the middle of a mission and got disconnected, can't get back in.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Napkin math from the discord:

Going from a level 1 to level 10 weapon appears to add:

25% Damage
25% Accuracy
25% Reserve Ammo
-50% Weight

Only checked it on some pistols, so there's a chance it's different for different weapon types, but unlikely. ME3 was just damage and weight, so the spare ammo and the accuracy boost is pretty nice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Two Finger, add me to the PS4 list of goons, you jerk :v:

Also the servers seem to be having problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

PC Origin: Gamesguy1

• Locked thread