Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sorry champ but it's just a fact that Gordon really seems to struggle making any foods that aren't British/French

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsyfYJ5Ou3g

The poor Thai chef's face at the end is loving priceless

hahhahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gordon getting owned by other cooks is funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjzXJcxr8k

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I apologise for the Aussie foods derail that involved no pictures, but I now have 7 people who want awful Aussie food packs. Having sanity-checked the supplied addresses, one of you lives on an island that looks like a place that don't take kindly to strangers. Well, like that but in a cold European way. Like everyone is related to the same fish or something.
Anyway, once I get back from the shops and post office today I'll let you know its on the way.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gromit posted:

I apologise for the Aussie foods derail that involved no pictures, but I now have 7 people who want awful Aussie food packs. Having sanity-checked the supplied addresses, one of you lives on an island that looks like a place that don't take kindly to strangers. Well, like that but in a cold European way. Like everyone is related to the same fish or something.
Anyway, once I get back from the shops and post office today I'll let you know its on the way.

Please don't do what my australian friend who mailed me timtams did - vegemite is NOT meant to be eaten by the spoonful right out of the jar. I've never experienced anything more disgusting and I went from love after eating the tim tam to pure hate after my heaping spoonful of moldy rear end you people like you put on toast.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Gromit posted:

an island that looks like a place that don't take kindly to strangers

:australia:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Please don't do what my australian friend who mailed me timtams did - vegemite is NOT meant to be eaten by the spoonful right out of the jar. I've never experienced anything more disgusting and I went from love after eating the tim tam to pure hate after my heaping spoonful of moldy rear end you people like you put on toast.

It's fine to eat by the spoonful once you realise what you're eating. I even make a hot tea with it during winter when I want something hot and savoury to drink but don't feel like caffeine.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Smarter Every Day vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcno_XL4RU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I've seen this so many times but never asked:

Is there really a space dog? Did we rocket boost a dog off earth?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Rolo posted:

First animal in orbit was a dog called Laika :ssh:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rolo posted:

I thought the Russians sent a dog into space in the early days of the Space Race, no?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Smarter Every Day vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcno_XL4RU

I'm surprised he didn't mention or link the footage of the cats that were put on the vomit comet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTkFIE_-kL8

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Vietnamwees posted:

I thought the Russians sent a dog into space in the early days of the Space Race, no?

More than 50 dog missions were flown by the Soviets (some dogs crewed more than one mission).

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Mar 22, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SinineSiil posted:

First animal in orbit was a dog called Laika :ssh:

I guess I should have specified as much more recent.

I know about Laika :smith:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://youtu.be/xqvYBB6-yOg

E. Android is a piece of poo poo operating system

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Russians didn't so much send a dog into orbit than they put a dog in a metal coffin and launched it into space

There's a quote from the forums that busts me up which describes it, probably from FYAD or BYOB?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

thecluckmeme posted:

The Russians didn't so much send a dog into orbit than they put a dog in a metal coffin and launched it into space

There's a quote from the forums that busts me up which describes it, probably from FYAD or BYOB?

Can't find the thread but

N.B. the soviets apparently attached a bag to the dogs rear end to collect the poo poo, so at least part of this post is wrong

skasion has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Mar 22, 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

It is obvious she isn't wearing a bra, isn't it?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Tiggum posted:

Is this a real thing? Where do you get it?

Local pizza places, not chain restaurants. Especially food trucks that pop up around beaches and showgrounds on Australia day.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

... pure hate after my heaping spoonful of moldy rear end you people like you put on toast.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yeah, FRESH rear end. Not moldy rear end!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah, FRESH rear end. Not moldy rear end!

Spread a little marmite on it and go hog wild!

BDSM-IV
Sep 22, 2016
Batteries not included.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Okay, that's it. 9 packages posted.

If you want it to be in some way a funny picture, you can imagine my surprise at the postage charges. :v:

The offer window is now closed. I grew tired of filling in all those international post declarations. I didn't spring for tracking or anything clever like that, but you should get them within 6 or 7 days. If I responded to your email or PM saying you'll get it then you'll get it. Unless the mail system steals it, of course.

Gromit has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Mar 22, 2017

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

PaulBearer posted:

Let's not forget that invasion of cannibal aliens in the late 80s.

Let's also not forget that gardening is illegal in New Zealand.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/new-zealand-gardening-law-hoax

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bogan King posted:

It's fine to eat by the spoonful once you realise what you're eating. I even make a hot tea with it during winter when I want something hot and savoury to drink but don't feel like caffeine.
Vegemite broth is fantastic when you'r hungover.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Didn't the Russians supposedly kill a lot of people during secret space launches, and they never owned up to it? I remember reading about some radio operators who picked up broadcasts of dying russians in space or something, some burning up on reentry, others flung out into space.

Wasn't there even a rumor they lost a few before Gagarin successfully came back, and he become the official "first" man in space?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I remember reading about some radio operators who picked up broadcasts of dying russians in space or something, some burning up on reentry, others flung out into space.

That was a hoax

The Russians undoubtedly lost a lot of people in their space launches, but I'd bet real money most of those losses were ground crew.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Vegemite was too easy. My package included Vegemite Cheesybite, which sounded really bad. The lucky recipients also got those musk lifesavers and Pascall Pineapple Lumps, which are top-tier.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Gromit posted:

Vegemite was too easy. My package included Vegemite Cheesybite, which sounded really bad. The lucky recipients also got those musk lifesavers and Pascall Pineapple Lumps, which are top-tier.
Agreed. The Pineapple Lumps alone make up for the Cheesybite.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gromit posted:

Pascall Pineapple Lumps

These things are legit.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
PYF Funny Pics: Aussie Snack Chat Crew

fake edit:

The Reserve Bank of Australia is pretty optimistic about wage growth

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
Vegemite cheesybite sounds like a company trying to update a classic to the new millennium and inevitably making it vomit inducing.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ashnjack posted:

Vegemite cheesybite sounds like a company trying to update a classic to the new millennium and inevitably making it vomit inducing.

It really is. Cheese and vegemite sandwiches are top tier lunch material so they thought they'd combine the two into a spread to try sell more. The amount of vegemite and cheese required for this is very personal and spreadable cheese is a joke. So they took a classic and ruined it because some exec had a brainfart about how to sell more stuff. It was originally called "iSnack 2.0" too which just made it more of a joke than it already was.

They did get a lot of publicity out of it though and any publicity is good publicity right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogan King posted:

PYF Funny Pics: Aussie Snack Chat Crew

fake edit:

The Reserve Bank of Australia is pretty optimistic about wage growth

Any day now.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Bogan King posted:

It really is. Cheese and vegemite sandwiches are top tier lunch material so they thought they'd combine the two into a spread to try sell more. The amount of vegemite and cheese required for this is very personal and spreadable cheese is a joke. So they took a classic and ruined it because some exec had a brainfart about how to sell more stuff. It was originally called "iSnack 2.0" too which just made it more of a joke than it already was.

They did get a lot of publicity out of it though and any publicity is good publicity right.

Well I just bought 10 jars of it so their sales reps will be overjoyed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gromit posted:

Well I just bought 10 jars of it so their sales reps will be overjoyed.

The funniest thing is this could trigger an automatic resupply and that store will get like 6 cases of it because they showed a 600% increase in sales this week or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

The funniest thing is this could trigger an automatic resupply and that store will get like 6 cases of it because they showed a 600% increase in sales this week or something.

This is exactly what will happen, which makes it even funnier.