Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

we must have a rl thunderdome unless you can point out some other good GBA games, I never actually owned one

There's the mother 1 and 2 combo cartridge! Also Atlus released several decent to very good games on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I choose,

mother 3

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

There's the mother 1 and 2 combo cartridge! Also Atlus released several decent to very good games on it.

well then, I'll just choose this instead since in some ways I like Earthbound even more than Mother 3, and the whole trilogy can be represented!

I'm glad this could be settled without violence.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

well then, I'll just choose this instead since in some ways I like Earthbound even more than Mother 3, and the whole trilogy can be represented!

I'm glad this could be settled without violence.

Mother 3 was the more complete story, but Earthbound was more charming and consistent. They're each great though.

On the other hand at no point in Earthbound did a monkey mimic a tank so perfectly that he fired a real tank shell.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

I choose,

mother 3

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yes

hello!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

Lol if that's the worst you have for the GBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mEQ5qXHYJE

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Mother 2: Smell the Fart

(the ad campaign for the game used scratch and sniff technology to bring farts to the consumer in a pioneering move utilizing scent to sell the game)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm the 52-in-1 cartridge

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I will have vengeance for Buzz Buzz

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that feeling when you're game is so bad you need to bundle 51 other games together to make it sellable

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

that feeling when you're game is so bad you need to bundle 51 other games together to make it sellable

or when you have 51 games that are all terrible, but that 52nd is there to pick up all the slack.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oh, so THAT'S why you post so much in mafia threads!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

I'm glad you finally get me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Podima posted:

:iceburn:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GBA had a good castlevania game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Battle Network, Golden Sun, and Fire Emblem best GBA games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The megaman zero series was good

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

The megaman zero series was good

Hard as hell for me, but yeah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
remember how they put a white outline over every main character because it didn't have a backlight

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No because i never played any megaman because they look terrible

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

busb posted:

:frogout:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

busb posted:

no idiot every gba game you stupid loving idiot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looks like I need a replacement, still D1

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have had it with busb, i am banishing him to the STUPID zone

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Snooze Cruise posted:

i have had it with busb, i am banishing him to the STUPID zone

that's where you live!!1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

GBA had a good castlevania game

i played it for the first time this year. yeah, it's good but man i wouldn't have bothered with it were it not for save states

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

that's where you live!!1

ALL BECAUSE YOU LIVE UNDERGROUND IN THE STUPID ZONE ( YOUR MOMS BASEMENT) DOESN"T MEAN YOU DON"T LIVE THERE

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

Looks like I need a replacement, still D1

I'll replace in.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I had an original game boy but realised Nintendo was bad well​ before GBAs came out.

I'm very shamed about my Nintendo ownership but i have managed to steer clear since, thankfully

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fire Emblem was good. Advance Wars 2 is amazing too. Didn't they port some Final Fantasy's too? Those were great. Gameboy Advance SP was the first console I bought with my own money. Everything prior was gifts. The 2nd was an Xbox 360, followed by a New 3DS and now the Switch in a bunch of months.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have played final fantasy 7 for several hours, as someone said it was good so I hoped it would eventually get good.

It didn't.

that was enough to teach me the good life lesson that jrpgs are trash idiot things for morons!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

busb posted:

I was reading busbs posts for several hours, as someone said he was good so I hoped he would eventually get good.

He didn't.

that was enough to teach me the good life lesson that busb is a trash idiot moron!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Um that's not what i said at all

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

busb posted:

I have played final fantasy 7 for several hours, as someone said it was good so I hoped it would eventually get good.

It didn't.

that was enough to teach me the good life lesson that jrpgs are trash idiot things for morons!!

get out of midgar

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GBA had two good Fire Emblem and Advance Wars games, a few good Pokemon games, the Megaman Battle Network series, a few neat FF remakes, it was a decent system.

The Gameboy and the DS were both waaaaaaaaay better, but the GBA was a respectable system.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The only good FF is Tactics Advanced.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Amoeba102 posted:

The only good FF is Tactics Advanced.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

*throws snowball at u*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Gameboy advance also had The Tactics Ogre games.