Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The zombie fence is an idiotic idea anyway even before they were metaled in place. The only way you are getting bit by the things is if you purposefully insert yourself into their mouths. I guess they make more noise when they see a person but their at-rest noise level is not exactly extremely distinguishable from their "i see something to eat" noise level.

Z Nation did it better, as with many things, with the zombie moat. Let them roam free within a pit or other area that people would have to cross to get through. Zombies attached to a fence are not a deterrent as long as you can manage not to stick your hand in their mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VoLaTiLe posted:

As sexy as Sasha and Lara Croft Rosita are they are still the stupidest fuckers out the lot.

They acted just the way I do when I tell myself I'm going to camp in an online multilayer game only to get bored 2 mins later run into the enemy base and die in a hail of gunfire.

I really don't want spoilers but do the characters act this loving stupid in the comics?

They are both really hot women, but I can't buy either as a badass tough chick. Sasha looks like the hulk next to Rosita who is scary model skinny and I don't believe she could open a jar of pickles in real life.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

looking forward sasha getting gangraped, tortured or mutilated next week after her failed assault on the negancave

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

They are both really hot women, but I can't buy either as a badass tough chick. Sasha looks like the hulk next to Rosita who is scary model skinny and I don't believe she could open a jar of pickles in real life.

They are more believable in that role than badass tough Carol.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Carol's actress pulls it off a lot better.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zombies attached to a fence are not a deterrent as long as you can manage not to stick your hand in their mouth.

This is the walking dead universe where people regularly insert themselves into zombie's mouths so the fence is incredibly effective

Orange Red Bull posted:

looking forward sasha getting gangraped, tortured or mutilated next week after her failed assault on the negancave
:yikes:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Don't open thread, dead show inside

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You know, honestly, I'd probably react the same way as Eugene did to the bitch krew showing up and killing my guard buddy. gently caress no I'm not going with you, I have food and shelter and hookers here. People treat me with respect and I can even carry a stuffed animal with impunity

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I agree. He has a purpose again as the chief engineer and he seems pretty high up the chain of command. They have ice cream.

Rick and crew have nothing to offer him.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I guess him and Abraham weren't best buddies the whole way through but it is an extreme dick move to ally with the guy who bashed his head in no matter how many stuffed animals and pseudopower he has. Negan will turn on him eventually and he'll wish he went back to Rick.

Plus what hookers? He can't have sex with/touch any of the wives they send to him.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

The zombie fence is an idiotic idea anyway even before they were metaled in place. The only way you are getting bit by the things is if you purposefully insert yourself into their mouths. I guess they make more noise when they see a person but their at-rest noise level is not exactly extremely distinguishable from their "i see something to eat" noise level.

Z Nation did it better, as with many things, with the zombie moat. Let them roam free within a pit or other area that people would have to cross to get through. Zombies attached to a fence are not a deterrent as long as you can manage not to stick your hand in their mouth.

Sasha and Rosita literally bypassed it on their way in. Exactly where is this zombie fence relative to where people keep waltzing in and out?

John F Bennett posted:

I agree. He has a purpose again as the chief engineer and he seems pretty high up the chain of command. They have ice cream.

It is loving GELATO

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 21, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

I guess him and Abraham weren't best buddies the whole way through but it is an extreme dick move to ally with the guy who bashed his head in no matter how many stuffed animals and pseudopower he has. Negan will turn on him eventually and he'll wish he went back to Rick.

Plus what hookers? He can't have sex with/touch any of the wives they send to him.

Eugene can get off without any sort of penetration, he is on a higher plane of enlightenment

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I believe he prefers to be called Dr. Eugene, Chief Engineer also Negan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So this whole episode was about Sasha committing suicide in order to be in Star Trek?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Yes. In an abridged version, I'd have written out Sasha as quietly fading into becoming an Alexandria background character like Tobin (Alexandria's on-screen population and the pre-Alexandrian cast members have like a 90% overlap) and have all her scenes axed except for a few ones near the beginning and then the ones with Abraham.

VoLaTiLe already made a video game comparison about her running headlong into an enemy base. As far back as season 4, she ran ahead into a larger group of walkers than they thought they could handle without a plan to draw away a few at a time, like the person in an MMO that runs ahead of everybody else in a dungeon and turns on all the enemies' aggression programming. I understand suicide by increasing risk as a way to trick oneself, but she was drawing everyone else into it. Then at the beginning of season 5 she falls asleep on a pile of dead walkers and it really left me hoping all of them were brain-stabbed really well. It occurs to me that if that scene were placed after Abraham's death, it wouldn't make any more or less sense. Most of the scenes with Sasha have been such nonsense that they only serve the purpose of saying "Yes, she is still alive and still in the cast."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sasha as Leeroy Jenkins makes a surprising amount of sense.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

melon cat posted:

Then rename TWD to "The Trevor Philips Programme".

gently caress just give him his own show named that, I'd tune the gently caress in even if it was a talk show.

Maybe even more if it was a talk show.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sasha as Leeroy Jenkins makes a surprising amount of sense.

Somehow the small change of adding the Leroy Jenkins sound clip over her charge into the building saves the whole episode

It really fits because she's not just running in to certain doom, she's loving everyone over in the process.

galenanorth posted:

Yes. In an abridged version, I'd have written out Sasha as quietly fading into becoming an Alexandria background character like Tobin (Alexandria's on-screen population and the pre-Alexandrian cast members have like a 90% overlap) and have all her scenes axed except for a few ones near the beginning and then the ones with Abraham.

VoLaTiLe already made a video game comparison about her running headlong into an enemy base. As far back as season 4, she ran ahead into a larger group of walkers than they thought they could handle without a plan to draw away a few at a time, like the person in an MMO that runs ahead of everybody else in a dungeon and turns on all the enemies' aggression programming. I understand suicide by increasing risk as a way to trick oneself, but she was drawing everyone else into it. Then at the beginning of season 5 she falls asleep on a pile of dead walkers and it really left me hoping all of them were brain-stabbed really well. It occurs to me that if that scene were placed after Abraham's death, it wouldn't make any more or less sense. Most of the scenes with Sasha have been such nonsense that they only serve the purpose of saying "Yes, she is still alive and still in the cast."

But you don't understand the difficulty of being an AMC writer. It took all of their effort to install a personality into one "Scowl at everyone all of the time before scowling even harder" type, Michonne. It takes all of their effort to have her remain acting like a somewhat reasonable human being after her arrival as a rage filled mute with a penchant for random property destruction and suicidal actions.

Fixing two, well, it's just too much to ask, man! TOO MUCH TO ASK!

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 22, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
what the gently caress was she gonna do with that sniper rifle in there? 360 quickscopez?!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've been laughing about that Negan Matrix gif for 5 minutes

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

You know, honestly, I'd probably react the same way as Eugene did to the bitch krew showing up and killing my guard buddy. gently caress no I'm not going with you, I have food and shelter and hookers here. People treat me with respect and I can even carry a stuffed animal with impunity

If they wanted to do something cool, the whole reason he didn't want to go is he's actually installing bombs throughout the whole place to re-enact the scene from V from Vendetta except set to Easy Street

Seriously if there is an extended sequence of Negan's whole place blowing up while Eugene just cranks that song through the PA, season redeemed

Sjs00 posted:

what the gently caress was she gonna do with that sniper rifle in there? 360 quickscopez?!

AWP OP!

Oh one last thing: They made a big deal about Sasha having Jesus's map. So yeah. She's also carrying evidence of conspiracy right into their building, so nobody can even TRY to pass her off as a lone wolf seeking revenge.

The zombie fence is an idiotic idea anyway even before they were metaled in place.

It could work if it were zombies basically on extended dog-chains, so they could move like 15-20 feet away from the fence to try to grab people. As it stands yeah, you'd have to go stick your face in them which is soooooo dumb.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 22, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Not really, because Carol isn't a badass 'cause she's Rambo. She's a badass because she's usually pretty smart about it.

Sure, she's wiped entire civilizations off the map, but she's used trickery, zombies, explosives, etc. to do it. Carol is awesome because she's never done anything physically above her capability - the only human I think she's curb stomped in combat was an equally aged Tasha Yar. She just has a focused will with a discovered talent for killing.

Definitely one of my favorite characters which is why they made her have a breakdown and sidelined her for an entire season living as a hermit. Thanks, AMC.

Obligatory Reminder: It's been less than a month since she left Alexandria. She's been on like a two week vacation; good thing her Wolverine healing powers took care of that bullet. Maybe anyone with the letters CARoL in their name can heal in like 2 days from massive bullet wounds.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 22, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Eugene can get off without any sort of penetration, he is on a higher plane of enlightenment

Yeah. Say what you will about The Walking Dead, Eugene is the most positive depiction of a volcel on TV today.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhhwhggGl4

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

galenanorth posted:

Alexandria's population will get some screen time in whichever season they get around to showing disappointing snippets of the battle in flashbacks.

Someone has to die to try and give what's going on an emotional impact while Rick crouches behind something pouring Naked Gun/Airplane levels of sweat while trying not to drown in it.

It will be like in LOST when those mercenaries come to the island and start massacring the survivors of the crash and you are like "Oh right there is supposed to be like 80+ people" and people are getting killed left and right around the main cast the show had focused on for like 3 seasons at that point.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Blazing Ownager posted:

If they wanted to do something cool, the whole reason he didn't want to go is he's actually installing bombs throughout the whole place to re-enact the scene from V from Vendetta except set to Easy Street

Seriously if there is an extended sequence of Negan's whole place blowing up while Eugene just cranks that song through the PA, season redeemed

That...might actually happen! Remember, one of Eugene's scenes involved him showing Negan's wives how to produce a small scale bomb. I thought nothing of it, but now that I think of it...what if that's foreshadowing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
All I want from the show is for it not to resolve the Negan story in the dumb poo poo way the comics did

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

All I want from the show is for it not to resolve the Negan story in the dumb poo poo way the comics did

"All I want from the show is for it not to be dumb poo poo"
-An Extreme Optimist, 2017

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I stopped reading the comics during the Negan arc. What did they end up doing?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fionordequester posted:

That...might actually happen! Remember, one of Eugene's scenes involved him showing Negan's wives how to produce a small scale bomb. I thought nothing of it, but now that I think of it...what if that's foreshadowing?

TWD never intelligently foreshadows. They just do what they want then they go back and make a 1.5 hour flashback episode.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cosmically_cosmic posted:

I stopped reading the comics during the Negan arc. What did they end up doing?

This is how the Negan story ended in the comics The allied communities go to war with Negan, there's some battles and stuff, it ends with a big climactic battle at Hilltop. Negan and Rick are fighting, Negan seems like he's gonna win because he's got like 6 inches and 50 pound and an arm on Rick, and then Rick is like, "why are we fighting? This is really stupid. You don't want to farm? fine. You have like fifty goons, if you used your manpower to keep the areas between the communities clear of zombies, we'd willingly pay you in food for that service. You could be the corner stone of a new post-zombie world, but you're just killing people for no gain"

And Negan pauses and basically says, holy poo poo he's right. Then Rick slits his throat with a straight razor. Rick yells "hey everybody the war is over, Negan is gonna die but our doctor is gonna save him because we're the good guys, so this fight is over, everybody go home. We're not gonna kill Negan, we're gonna lock him up in a basement dungeon for the rest of his life. He'll be fed regularly and bathed and shaved monthly, because we're the good guys, I am literally stating to all of you that this is purely to establish my moral superiority"

And that's it, war over, comic then time-jumps two years ahead, Negan is still locked in a dungeon

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is how the Negan story ended in the comics

That is... Wow... That's bad.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I bet the show can be worse. I have faith.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

The Human Crouton posted:

I bet the show can be worse. I have faith.

I dunno, as bad as it is it's much easier to sit and watch than reading the 600th 'We've been doing this all wrong, now we have to do things this way" speech that lasts 10 pages.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is how the Negan story ended in the comics The allied communities go to war with Negan, there's some battles and stuff, it ends with a big climactic battle at Hilltop. Negan and Rick are fighting, Negan seems like he's gonna win because he's got like 6 inches and 50 pound and an arm on Rick, and then Rick is like, "why are we fighting? This is really stupid. You don't want to farm? fine. You have like fifty goons, if you used your manpower to keep the areas between the communities clear of zombies, we'd willingly pay you in food for that service. You could be the corner stone of a new post-zombie world, but you're just killing people for no gain"

And Negan pauses and basically says, holy poo poo he's right. Then Rick slits his throat with a straight razor. Rick yells "hey everybody the war is over, Negan is gonna die but our doctor is gonna save him because we're the good guys, so this fight is over, everybody go home. We're not gonna kill Negan, we're gonna lock him up in a basement dungeon for the rest of his life. He'll be fed regularly and bathed and shaved monthly, because we're the good guys, I am literally stating to all of you that this is purely to establish my moral superiority"

And that's it, war over, comic then time-jumps two years ahead, Negan is still locked in a dungeon

Question about spoilers I thought that pretty much was the deal? They kept the place safe and and forced the other people to pay for it, like the mob. Hence the name "saviors".

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
I like the GTA5 guy and the depressed old man savior who picks up stuff from the Kingdom.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Question about spoilers I thought that pretty much was the deal? They kept the place safe and and forced the other people to pay for it, like the mob. Hence the name "saviors".

There's a difference between a security company and a protection racket. The Saviors are the latter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There's more to it that adds to why it happened that way Guy didn't mentioned: so at some point Dwight turns double agent and begins working with the Kingdom and Rick. Rick doesn't trust him. For the final fight the Saviors begin using tainted arrows and knives by having a couple of chained walkers around. Basically, anyone getting hit by them pretty much dies from the fever / infection. Dwight shoots Rick with a bolt and Negan sees it. They fight some more but at some point Negan just calls for a retreat since all he needs to do now is wait for Rick to die. But Dwight was actually on Rick's side and he never tainted the bolt. So the next day Negan comes back to basically call the war over and asks for Rick's body but is shocked when Rick shows up and is still alive and well. They have a quick conversation which ends as previously told however after getting his neck cut Negan beats the ever loving poo poo out of Rick even going so far as to snapping Rick's leg in 2. He then falls to his wound while Dwight picks up Lucille and takes over the Saviors, ending the war.

Rick in the comics right now (which timeline wise is years after this war) still has a gimp leg from what Negan did so it wasn't an easy win.

I honestly felt the war was a pretty good storyline because once the war actually begins, it really is non-stop fighting at various locations until it ends. Of course, there's no loving way the show will have so much action and they'll probably spread it out throughout the entirety of next season which means it's going to be loving terrible.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Who was that person with the crossbow at the end of the last episode?

Also, comic talk
what is going to happen with Eugene? In the comics he seems to become at least somewhat more in the realm of not being a little bitch and crying all the time, but he also seems to hook up with Rosita, so I guess that arc is gone.

Think they'll move to the Whisperer storyline at some point? I would think it could be a pain to recreate with the zipper zombie suits but what do I know.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

sex swing from IKEA posted:

Who was that person with the crossbow at the end of the last episode?

Also, comic talk
what is going to happen with Eugene? In the comics he seems to become at least somewhat more in the realm of not being a little bitch and crying all the time, but he also seems to hook up with Rosita, so I guess that arc is gone.

Think they'll move to the Whisperer storyline at some point? I would think it could be a pain to recreate with the zipper zombie suits but what do I know.

Football makeup under the eyes...and we're done for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What does the dude in charge of the hilltop do all day? He's just sitting around his office drinking. Can't imagine there's a lot of paperwork or management needed when everyone else just does their farming or map drawing all day. Why would anyone follow him?